Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

clarshack

good win for celtic today considering ICT have been a bogey team for the celts in the last 10 years or so.

great goal from Paddy McCourt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFZqce0v_fk

Club Rossa

Great goal from McCourt yesterday,he has tonnes of ability,it's just a pity that half the time he doesn't seem interested.The big worry would be the amount of chances that Celtic spurned in front of goal.Some of those misses were unbelievable,even by Celtics standards.

SambaSaffron

Had Hooper been playing it would have been 6-7. Maloney was excellent but finishing was poor. Promising display from most though.

Looks like Bellamys off to Cardiff. Leftback and keeper needed asap, and I think still another striker.

lynchbhoy

certainly mulgrew is no superstar, but a decent enough player - what could he have been if he had been given a chance to progress and be properly coached at top level instead of going to these mickey mouse outfits.
instead wee ginger fecked things up for the lad and also for Celtic by getting rid of a very promising player - who shone on loan at dundee utd.
That lennon thought highly enough to bring him back speaks volumes enough - more than our our opinions. Cant hide tha fact!
From the snippets I saw, Mulgrew had a fair first half and a great second half. This is in spite of facing ict's good winger. Also impressive given Celtics recent defensive turmoil and unsettled side. Midfield not shielding them hadnt helped.
Celtic have a long way to go to create a team then a winning team, but they are most def improving game on game!

Myles Na G.

Celtic looked good against a poor team, whereas they've looked very beatable against any half decent side they've played so far in pre season. Too early to be passing judgement yet.

illdecide

Who is the two players at Celtic at the min for a medical...think i read one was a Swedish centre half and the other was a midfielder (not sure of the nationality)

Bellamy and Given would be two class signings if that were to happen but doubt it very much
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: illdecide on August 16, 2010, 02:23:29 PM
Who is the two players at Celtic at the min for a medical...think i read one was a Swedish centre half and the other was a midfielder (not sure of the nationality)
CELTIC are delighted to confirm the signing of Daniel Majstorovic. The Swedish defender has joined on a two-year deal from AEK Athens.

The 32-year-old defender has a wealth of experience at club and international level, and last week helped Sweden to a 3-0 victory over Scotland in Stockholm.

Celtic's latest signing will be officially unveiled later today (Monday). More reaction to follow on the Celtic website.

Clown

Quote from: illdecide on August 16, 2010, 02:23:29 PM

Bellamy and Given would be two class signings if that were to happen but doubt it very much
the other one is the Honduras international left back

Main Street

Celtic to go 2 points clear in the SPL by next Sunday, amidst predictions that the title has already been lost by Rangers.

Archie Mitchell

City's Vladimir Weiss could be on his way to Celtic on loan. Very promising player, a regular in the national side despite only a handful of City appearances and destroyed Johnny Evans in an international game last year.

Muzz

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 16, 2010, 08:18:42 PM
City's Vladimir Weiss could be on his way to Celtic on loan. Very promising player, a regular in the national side despite only a handful of City appearances and destroyed Johnny Evans in an international game last year.

Destroying Johnny Evans doesnt make him a good player!!!   ;)

Main Street

The Weiss rumour has reached SkySports level, there are a few clubs after him.
I can't say I noticed him for Slovakia at the WC, or forgotten what I did notice at the time.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on August 17, 2010, 11:38:28 AM
The Weiss rumour has reached SkySports level, there are a few clubs after him.
I can't say I noticed him for Slovakia at the WC, or forgotten what I did notice at the time.
only seen him play a few times and the only occasions he has looked good have been against the north of Ireland team or when up against johnny evens - neither perf shoul dmean he is of any use.
I'd hope Celtic dont take him as while he is fast, I doubt if he would be any addition to Celtic (unless he has learned to sto pbeing a headless chicken, learned how to pass the ball  and learned how to cross the ball!!).

Main Street

I see he did play for Slovakia in all their WC games and his Da is the coach :)
For him to be of any use he would have to be ready to play right from the off. There is no time for development with a young player on loan. Anyway not much point in using space discussing rumours of a loan deal, they are worth 2 a penny this time of year.

The new CH looks steady enough, I guess Mjallby gave his stamp of approval. A Honduras LB is in Glasgow for a medical. At least he has to be an improvement.

Muzz

Has anyone been on the Celtic Site and looked at the new ticket section?

As a matter of interest is anyone here an actual season ticket holder?