?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: bingobus on April 14, 2010, 10:40:17 AM
How many was at it? Looked like about 10-15k.

Have the loyal Celtic supporters thrown the towel in altogether? I hear that the season ticket renewals aren't too healthy either.

27,750 was the official attendance.
From what I'm hearing, alot of Celtic fans will not be attending the ridiculously scheduled Glasgow derby being held on a TUESDAY evening!! Sadly this may mean that the Huns with their sold out allocation of approx 7-8000 could be the only voices heard at Parkhead that night!!  :(
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on April 11, 2010, 05:02:25 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 11, 2010, 11:24:54 AM
only yourself can explain the daft notion that you need to know 'about the old firm and whats involved etc' (paraphrasing) to be a successful manager in Celtic or rangers.
Thas daft - Wim Jansen and even MON wouldnt have had that knowledge !

You arent "paraphrasing", you are inventing something I never said. Your debating skills are as poor as your general knowledge of Scottish football. Still at least you managed to get Thompson's name right this time. Embarrasing stuff altogether.

I see Andreas Hinkel past match bemoaning the fact that all the leaders in the team had been moved on over the past few months, guys who could have taken hold of the game and lifted Celtic yesterday when things were going wrong. Seems you know better than him as well.
'thats not how the old firm work'
would indicate to most that you see these two clubs operating differently from others and the requirements for success behind them etc..
I certainly dont beleive any soccer and indeed sports teams operate differently - so the notion is daft.
I see you are the typo police now as well !

Hinkel is making excuses and talking bollix. If he was that worried by it, then he himself could have tried to lead by example. Again thats obvious to any sports person and no different to other teams playing poorly. The 'leaders' that were there for the past couple of years couldnt 'lift' or 'lead' the team this past 2 seasons, so why would anyone expect them to lift or lead now ! (esp when one of them is mostly out injured).

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on April 14, 2010, 10:49:16 AM
27,750 was the official attendance.
From what I'm hearing, alot of Celtic fans will not be attending the ridiculously scheduled Glasgow derby being held on a TUESDAY evening!! Sadly this may mean that the Huns with their sold out allocation of approx 7-8000 could be the only voices heard at Parkhead that night!!  :(
I'd be a bit surprised if a lot of these lads dont end up going...

last nights game from the 60th minute (when I started watching it) looked far better than any recent Celtic perf.
The players were putting in the effort and the ball was being moved very quickly, back to the old MON days when they attacked at speed and upped the tempo of the game and generally outplayed opponents. Brown looked like he gave a s**t, as did mcgeady. I didnt see the first 60 mins but apprarantly Celtic were pedestrian and playing as they did recently up untlil half time. The Keeper redeemed himself, O'Dea and Thompson did well. Wilson was game as ever, but he cant cross the ball and his passing is poor. Naylor much the same. McGeady and Brown zinged the ball about and covered lots of ground. Brown trying too hard imo (getting plenty of stick from 'fans' when he made mistakes). McGinn tried hard. N'Guemo was 100% improved and had a good game - the bit I saw. Kamara was excellent I thought. Pity he was out inj for so long. Keane tried hard but too often his first touch let him down when almost in on goal. He needs 5 or 6 chances to score 1.

the colonel

Was at the game myself. Thought there would have been about 25,000

First 45 was absolutely shocking. Really really bad. It only got better once Motherwell scored. Was the only thing that seemed to give them a kick up the arse. I can't say Brown was trying to hard at all. There were times he watched people move ten yards and only ran when the player got the ball instead of staying tight. He has no positional sense at all. Thought Kamara was ok. He took the wrong option a few times and should have shot himself on a few ocassions. I don't think a win can mask how bad they have been lately.

Man of match for me was Zaluska who saved us a few times. Keane was frustrated about how slow the service was. He made run after run the whole game and midfield held the play up continually. I think he only had about 2 good chances lynchboy but should have finished one for sure
the difference between success and failure is energy

lynchbhoy

Quote from: the colonel on April 14, 2010, 12:06:56 PM
Was at the game myself. Thought there would have been about 25,000

First 45 was absolutely shocking. Really really bad. It only got better once Motherwell scored. Was the only thing that seemed to give them a kick up the arse. I can't say Brown was trying to hard at all. There were times he watched people move ten yards and only ran when the player got the ball instead of staying tight. He has no positional sense at all. Thought Kamara was ok. He took the wrong option a few times and should have shot himself on a few ocassions. I don't think a win can mask how bad they have been lately.

Man of match for me was Zaluska who saved us a few times. Keane was frustrated about how slow the service was. He made run after run the whole game and midfield held the play up continually. I think he only had about 2 good chances lynchboy but should have finished one for sure
brown def was about the place in the last half an hour. Was also impressed by kamara then, imo he was Celtic best in that time. Thought keane had the ball a few times with whch could have been good opportunities but his control let him down.
I like keane, but same with Ireland - he needs players on the same wavelength as himself to get the best out of him and this rarely happens - can only really rem Berbatov perfectly linking up with him.

the colonel

Brown should have been about the place in the first hour but wasn't. Your either up for the whole game or not. Was alot easier to see positions he was taking up actually at the game. The main time Keane miscontrolled the ball, it went out for a corner and led to one of the goals.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Scott Brown can't leave quick enough for me, he has no heart for playing for Celtic and it gets more and more obvious each match he plays, let him go to England, sure as true as night follows day, he'll be back up to Scotland in a couple of years playing for thte forces of darkness!!

The scum dropped another two points last night, only 11 in it now!  ;D

Other good news:
Willie McStay marked his return to coach Celtic's reserve side with a 4-0 victory over Dundee at Lennoxtown.

All four goals arrived in the second-half from Paddy McCourt, Paul McGowan and Morten Rasmussen (two).
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

cannot understand why rasmussen isnt getting his game - he looks like he is going to score each time the bal is near or in the box
cant say that about too many other Celtic strikers or players

willie mcstay could very well be lining up for the big job

the colonel

Was at the game today. Lucky to get the win in the end but could have had it wrapped up at half time. Seem to constantly stand off players when we are defending. Not enough pressure put on the hibs players by Brown and N'Guemo.Fortune is like jekyll and hide. One minute he's holding play up well, linking well and done well for all three goals then sometime he seems useless. McGeady was a lot better today as was Thompson (not seen replays of the pen).Rasmussen done well when he came on and should have been on earlier. Not a while fan of McGinn. A lot improving to do.

lynchbhoy

cannot understand how Rasmussen is not starting every week. He has looked like the best goal threat Celtic have since he has arrived. Fortune only useful when against teams that are trying to attack and leaving space for him to run - that doesnt happen in spl with 10 men behind the ball v Celtic !
Hopefully Hoiveld, rogne or Loovens are fit - O'dea could be out for a while after going off inj today.
Then again it prob doesnt really matter now -  but these players should be playing for their places in next seasons squad.

the colonel

I think rogne and loovens were back in training this week so one of those 2 should come in. I'd let Thompson finish out the season. The experience will be great for him. With loovens, o'dea, rogne and big joos I'd prob let him go on loan for a season to get him as many games as possible.

GalwayBayBoy

Great to see Robbie so happy to be scoring for Celtic.

clarshack

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 17, 2010, 07:01:04 PM
cannot understand how Rasmussen is not starting every week. He has looked like the best goal threat Celtic have since he has arrived.

agree with this. beggars belief why he hasnt got more game time.

Hound

Neil Lennon on RTE news yesterday and in the business section of the Irish Times today.

Lennon was a director of a company called Rocket Developments that was planning to build houses  in Louth. Lennon gave a personal guarantee of €3m in relation to loans from Bank of Ireland to Rocket.

Rocket has defaulted on its loan obligations, so BoI are looking for the money from Lennon. Only problem is they have lost the guarantee! However, they say they can still prove that he signed such guarantee.

Hearing will take place on May 12th.

Elsewhere Billy Davies of Nottm For tipped to be next Celtic manager, Robbie Keane wins fans player of the year and Aiden McGeady wins players player of the year.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Jimenez keen on Celtic appointment
Tuesday 20th April 2010 8:22

Jimenez: Keen on Bhoys hotseat .
Former Sevilla boss Manolo Jimenez has admitted he would "love" to manage Celtic after revealing several links to Scotland.

The 46-year-old, who masterminded two Champions League victories over Rangers this season, has been out of work since being sacked last month.

He told the Scottish Sun: "I'd love to coach Celtic because they are the Real Madrid or Barcelona of Scotland with the biggest support.

"I was manager of the Sevilla B team when Celtic fans invaded Seville for the UEFA Cup final against Porto. Seville welcomed the Celtic fans and they will always be remembered.

"Jock Wallace was my manager at Sevilla when I played there alongside Ted McMinn. And, of course, I was manager of Sevilla when we beat Rangers in the Champions League.

"I've also been learning English for the last three months - an hour a day - and my teacher is actually a Scottish man called Ally.

"It's funny how I've a few Scottish connections. Maybe God is telling me I will be the next Celtic manager, which is something I would love."

He added: "When I was a player for Sevilla, we came to Scotland for pre-season and Jock Wallace and Ted McMinn took us to an Old Firm game.

"I remember the game having an electrifying atmosphere, it was an amazing experience. I would love to have that kind of experience as coach of Celtic."

Former Spain international Jimenez took charge of Sevilla in 2007, leading them to fifth and third in the Primera Liga, and the last 16 of the Champions League in 2008 as well as this season.
Tbc....