?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

norabeag

Quote from: the colonel on March 25, 2010, 09:04:58 PM
Johan Mjallby installed with Lennon as a coach, he'll sort the defense out!
Why? How? What are his credentials? He played in a mickey mouse league for many years!
How can he sort a defence out without the raw materials i.e. defenders
Think it says it all when we see Steve Staunton mentioned in dispatches

Main Street

Quote from: Clown on March 25, 2010, 10:27:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2ZKQfp7D6U

amazing video here lads

lets get back to days like these!!

Was that a line of Trabants on the sidelines?

Fxck me, some of that stuff would makes the dirtiest feckers from Meath look like pussycats.

Atticus_Finch

Looking at that candidate list, one name stands out for me .... Mick Mc Carthy

a premiership manager of a team who look to have secured their premiership status

part of the centenary setup of the club

someone that you would imagine would jump at the chance of a trip to paradise

40/1 on Paddypower to be the manager of the opening day of the 2010/2011 season

That's value !
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Lawrence of Knockbride

Bilic or Burley for me. Although I'm not sure the fans would take to Burley.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Leo on March 25, 2010, 11:35:21 PM
I really do hope Celtic get Roy (I'm outta here) Keane as next manager - they deserve each other so much and like Celtic supporters have so much in common - sel-centred, blinkered, inward-looking, chip on both shoulders, irrational, deluded beyond comprehension,etc. - big fish small pool operators both of them.
Hope it happens for the comedy value.

You obviously don't like Celtic Fc or their supporters so why feel the need to read or go to the bother of posting on a thread which quite clearly states what it's about?

Now how exactly are Celtic supporters self-centred or beyond comprehension?
I left the rest of your tripe out because I guessed you were just trying to get a rise (or just read and believe the Scottish redtops too much). 
Tbc....

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on March 26, 2010, 09:25:11 PM

a premiership manager of a team who look to have secured their premiership status

That's value !
If you seriously think that Mick would leave the EPL to come and manage Celtic, you are sadly deluded.

Atticus_Finch

Quote from: Myles Na G. on March 26, 2010, 10:04:51 PM
Quote from: Atticus_Finch on March 26, 2010, 09:25:11 PM

That's value !
If you seriously think that Mick would leave the EPL to come and manage Celtic, you are sadly deluded.

Can you read ok ??   ???  I said he was value at 40/1.

Let me break that down for you sonny jim.  What i mean by that is ... he is better value to be the next Celtic manager at 40/1 than the price offered on the favourite Neil Lennon.

Do you understand ok ?

Who do you think will get it ?  It won't be Neil Lennon. whoever gets it will be a more experienced candidate than him.

But aside from being value, i think Mick Mc Carthy would jump at the chance to manage Celtic on the basis of that it is a bigger job than the Wolves job and he has connections with the club.

Overthebar!

Atticus you would know more about a fish supper! :D :D
what price is ancelotti?sure he will be looking a job after another trophyless season!

Atticus_Finch

Quote from: Overthebar! on March 26, 2010, 11:01:39 PM
Atticus you would know more about a fish supper! :D :D
what price is ancelotti?sure he will be looking a job after another trophyless season!

Am i missing something ?  ???

I'll give you whatever price you want on Ancelotti chap !

Don't give a monkeys about the EPL but for what it's worth i reckon arsenal's easier run will prove decisive.

T Fearon

Im sure you'd get 1000/1 on Mourinho with Paddy Power. Thats value but like Mc Carthy it ain't going to happen.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on March 26, 2010, 11:35:04 PM
Im sure you'd get 1000/1 on Mourinho with Paddy Power. Thats value but like Mc Carthy it ain't going to happen.

So Tone who do you think it will be?
Tbc....

T Fearon

I reckon seriously if Lennon lifts spirits between now and the end of the season, wins the Scottish Cup and gets the fans behind him and the team, he'll be in with a serious shout. Unless a real top drawer candidate becomes available, without compensation having to be paid, I can't see the board gambling with another Mowbray like appointment which failed, was full of risks from the outset and cost a hell of a lot of money

Rav67

When these caretaker appointments of an inexperienced (in managerial terms) assistant happen, people usually don't expect them to get it full-time, but if they have a decent run or the board can't get a stand-out candidate then they'll plump for the caretaker on a full-time basis, eg Chris Coleman, Chris Hughton, that fella at Reading, Stewart Houston years back.

Lennon is the favourite for that reason.  Celtic's win record is 17/30 this season I think - imagine Lennon wins 6 or more out of the last 8 league games, wins Scottish cup - he'll a better chance of getting it than anyone else.  Of course the poor run of results may continue, in which case the only managerial post Lennon is likely to get in the future is Darlington or someone of that calibre.

T Fearon

I have a funny feeling that Lennon will succeed. He knows the club, is respected and liked by the fans, is intelligent, so if he does the business between now and the end of the season why not give him a two year contract? Certainly no bigger a gamble than Mowbray was, and I see Scott Mc

The days of big names arriving in Glasgow, both on the playing and managing side appear to be over. Mc Coist is primed to succeed Walt at Ibrox, he like Lennon has served his apprenticeship.

T Fearon

As assured a performance and as comfortable a win as we've had all season. Great start for Lennon. ;D