Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

The Worker

I hope willie mc stay gets a chance.....

knows the club inside out, outstanding success over the past few years with the u19's and then the reserve team, and given the awful financial state of the Scottish league I cant see Celtic having much money to spend on players.. they will need to develop the youth team players at the club and there is surely nobody better...........

Minder

I see Benitez name on the list, could Celtic afford his £90k per wk salary ? I think I know the answer.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Latest odds

Neil Lennon 1 11/8 2 5/2
Paul Lambert 5 5 9/2 4
Mark Hughes 8 6 6 7
Willie McStay 8 8 12
Steve Clarke 14
Slaven Bilic 16 10 16 10
John Collins 16 16 10 16
Roy Keane 14 16 12 9
John Hughes 14 9 16 14
Derek McInnes 20
Brian Kerr 20 20
Mick McCarthy 20 20 16
Roy Aitken 16 25
Kenny Dalglish 25 25
Roberto Di Matteo 25
George Burley 25
Roberto Martinez 25
Mark McGhee 20 25 14
Lubo Moravcik 25 16 20
Gordon Strachan 33 33 25
Giovanni Trapattoni 33
Owen Coyle 33 14 14
Alan Curbishley 16 33
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

why derek mcinnes ?

for me the only two that I'd half consider would be mccarthy and George burley

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 25, 2010, 04:39:16 PM

I hope that is true, but the modern day soccer player doesnt seem to give that much of a f**k.

Keane is important, but imo hes a bit wishy washy and the harder leaders and MEN the likes of Hoiveld, loovens will be needed to drive them on, Keane will also play a part, but hes not really a leader imo.

If youre looking to these guys as leaders it just shows the mess that Mowbray has left Celtic in. Keane is only there for a few more weeks, Loovens has yet to really convince and Hoiveld is still a pretty new arrival.

Feel sorry for Mowbray who seems to be a good man but he was a disaster as Celtic manager and had to go. Look at this quote from last night;"It's obviously not a great result but there were positive reasons why it was a negative result" and you see the words of a man who has truly lost the plot.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on March 25, 2010, 05:10:59 PM
"It's obviously not a great result but there were positive reasons why it was a negative result" .
:D - that is a classic Partridge quote

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on March 25, 2010, 05:10:59 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 25, 2010, 04:39:16 PM

I hope that is true, but the modern day soccer player doesnt seem to give that much of a f**k.

Keane is important, but imo hes a bit wishy washy and the harder leaders and MEN the likes of Hoiveld, loovens will be needed to drive them on, Keane will also play a part, but hes not really a leader imo.

If youre looking to these guys as leaders it just shows the mess that Mowbray has left Celtic in. Keane is only there for a few more weeks, Loovens has yet to really convince and Hoiveld is still a pretty new arrival.
Keane is Irish captain and is doing his damndest each game and will obv do so until he leaves, Loovens is a proven trier - pity hes always inj and by reputation Hoiveld is a leader and the bits I have seen of him at Celtic but mostly prev - he is the kind of man Celtic need , in the Mjallby mould.

Myles Na G.

Celtic aren't in a position to be too picky - this isn't a prestige job anymore. The Hoops have a huge fan base and a proud tradition, but that's about all. Playing in a graveyard league and with no money to attract top players, the only managers this job will appeal to are those on the way down, or those on the way up. (or those like Mowbray - on the way down without ever having been up in the first place). English championship clubs will offer better wages and a more competitive environment. With all that in mind, the best candidate on the list of possibles is Paul Lambert. Lennon and McGrain aren't long term candidates. McGrain has been a long time retired, yet has never strayed too far from Parkhead. Lack of inclination? Lack of ambition? Either way, he's not top manager material. The same could be applied to Lennon. Lambert has shown enough get up and go and potential so far to fall into the 'rising star' bracket. If that proves to be the case, Celts may get 2 or 3 years out of him before he moves on to the EPL. The stumbling block, as always, may be money. He may already be beyond Celtic's budget. One last thing: those responsible for appointing Mowbray should have the decency to follow him out the door. Their colossal stupidity has cost the club millions and set it back about 15 years.

T Fearon

Agreed. It seems to me that after numerous other candidates turned Celtic down Mowbray was a last resort with the sole credentials of being a Celtic man. The colossal waste of money should mean that Lawwell's position should now come under scrutiny.

Minder

I take it the folk that said Mowbray just needed a bit more "time" to turn it around after the Strachan debacle and that he was indeed succeeding will admit they were talking shite?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

Johan Mjallby installed with Lennon as a coach, he'll sort the defense out!
the difference between success and failure is energy

Clown

Leo

I really do hope Celtic get Roy (I'm outta here) Keane as next manager - they deserve each other so much and like Celtic supporters have so much in common - sel-centred, blinkered, inward-looking, chip on both shoulders, irrational, deluded beyond comprehension,etc. - big fish small pool operators both of them.
Hope it happens for the comedy value.
Fierce tame altogether

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Leo on March 25, 2010, 11:35:21 PM
I really do hope Celtic get Roy (I'm outta here) Keane as next manager - they deserve each other so much and like Celtic supporters have so much in common - sel-centred, blinkered, inward-looking, chip on both shoulders, irrational, deluded beyond comprehension,etc. - big fish small pool operators both of them.
Hope it happens for the comedy value.

Ian Paisley has some free time, as long as they not playing on Sunday or Good Friday he is available.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

JimStynes

Thats a great video there clown, some great memories. Smell the glove  ;D