?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: ardal on March 20, 2010, 10:11:28 PM
Surely if you're happy supporting the SPL with regards to football skill etc, you should really support your local Irish team, or that which'd make you feel happier supporting for those up north. Cliftonville, Derry City, Dundalk, Finn Harps, St.Patricks etc. And when you refer to "Paradise", is that the same as in the song which includes the line "uoohhhh ahhhh up the ra"?

Tosser.
Btw the song was written by the Wolfetones and had nothing to do with Celtic FC.
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: town lad on March 21, 2010, 02:10:36 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on March 20, 2010, 10:26:26 PM
We support Celtic, who just happen to be in the SPL, a league that once  was as good as any in Europe but has been allowed to go to the dogs due to the inequitable distribution of finance in modern football.
A load of rubbish apart from bigots who cares about the SPL.

Thats about as sensible as someone claiming that all NI soccer fans are bigots!  ::)
Tbc....

T Fearon

Whats this about a former SF Councillor being ordered by the Court to pay Celtic £48,000 for tickets and season books ??? How the hell was he allowed to amass such debt? Did he block book the Jock Stein Stand for the day or what?

Minder

A former Sinn Fein councillor has been ordered to pay Celtic Football Club £48,056 over hundreds of unpaid match tickets and season books.
The club raised a civil action against Martin McManus after he failed to pay for tickets dating back to 2008.
It was awarded the sum after he failed to appear at Glasgow Sheriff Court.
Mr McManus, of County Antrim, Northern Ireland, will also have to pay the club's legal expenses and any interest on the money he owes.
In a document lodged at the court there is a detailed account of the contract that existed between Celtic and McManus.
It states: "Mr McManus has purchased tickets from the pursuers for football matches held at Celtic Park since November 2002.
"It is a term of the contract between the parties that payment for the tickets is made to the pursuers immediately upon receipt of any invoice issued."
The court record also states: "In or around September 2008, Mr McManus ordered 350 three-match package tickets for the Uefa Champions League.
"These tickets were for matches between Celtic FC and Aalborg BK on September 17, 2008, Celtic FC and Manchester United on November 5, 2008, and Celtic FC and Villareal on December 10, 2008, at a total cost of £33,831. The sum remains outstanding.
"In October 2008 Mr McManus also purchased 29 season tickets for the 2008/2009 football season at a cost of £12,970. This sum is also outstanding.
"In January 2009 Mr McManus also purchased 50 match tickets for the Clydesdale Bank Premier League fixture between Celtic FC and Hibernian FC on January 24, 2009, at a cost of £1,255. This sum also remains outstanding.
"Mr McManus has been called upon to make payment of the sums sued for but has either refused or relayed to do so and the present action is accordingly necessary."
Mr McManus denied owing the money to the club but failed to turn up at court to present his case and the claim was awarded to Celtic.
The former Sinn Fein councillor for Northern Ireland's Antrim district now has 14 days to appeal against the court's decision.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

T Fearon

Jesus I can't get one ticket for any Celtic match without submitting my Credit Card details. How come he was given such a large volume on tick?

The Watcher Pat

He ran a supporters club. I have traveled over with them before.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

T Fearon

Assuming all the club members have paid he must have pocketed the cash then. How long does the club give supporters clubs to pay for tickets?

Club Rossa

Travelled to the Blackburn game at Ewood Park with McManus and co.
Was well organised and had a great time.

T Fearon

Did you pay money for this privilege, o was it subsidised by the club? ;D

Club Rossa

He wouldn't take any money,said he didn't need it ;)

bingobus

Maybe they'll re-issue free tickets to him to bump the crowd up, only 30,000 there on Saturday.

NAG1

Would anyone go and pay money to watch them at the minute at this point of the season?

T Fearon

Haven't been over since last October, but definitely will try to see Keane play in a Celtic shirt before the end of the season.

Know a guy at home, season ticket holder, hasn't been over all season, doesn't intend to go, and in fact offered me the use of his season ticket any time I like. His name is not Mc Manus by the way ;D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

A win tomorrow night and on Saturday, coupled with a Hun defeat to the "baby" huns-Jambos could see us only 4 points behind by Saturday evening, albeit they would have two game in hand.
Tbc....

T Fearon

Straws and clutching at come to mind here. Unfortunately if the huns can win a Cup Final with 9 men last Sunday, I don't see them dropping 11 points to teams other than Celtic, in the SPL between now and the end of the season, which is efectively what needs to happen