Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Club Rossa

Hope that shitebag Lafferty is proud of himself tonight.I think Charlie Nicholas summed it up well when he said Lafferty always has an impact in these games,though it's nothing to do with talent,because he doesn't have any.
Celtic were poor again especially in the 2nd half,McGregor wasn't tested at all.Bougherra should have walked,couldn't believe how many times he fouled after his yellow card.

tyroneman

QuoteNow that all hope of winning the league has been extinguished surely the Board must act now, send Mowbray on his way, and identify a candidate to take over in the summer, someone with proven experience and a track record in charge of a big club

QuoteLambert also has a Champions League medal and has shown enough potential to be given his chance. The way he has turned things round at Norwich, where there is big enough pressure, is evidence of his proven ability in my opinion

WTF has a CL medal got to do with anything????? Roy Keane has more medals than Lambert could polish but I wouldn't want him managing Celtic.

Fergie, Wenger and Mourinho never won a CL medal playing........

Your logic is bewildering at times.

Just accept you painted yourself into a corner by advocating "someone with proven experience" and "a track record in charge of a big club"  then mentioning Lambert.

Norwich is a far feckin cry from Celtic and in no way a "big club"

Neither is Mark Hughes the answer.

T Fearon

Ok I put myself into a corner, but Lambert is surely a better bet than Mowbray. Lambert has Norwich at the top of the league, ahead of Leeds etc, and this after taking over after a disastrous start to the season.

I think Mowbray's days are numbered. Celtic now face three months of playing in front of a half empty Celtic Park (only the true fanatics will shell out £25 to watch meaningless matches), a number of players like Keane,Nguemo etc are on loan and will hardly be motivated (I'll bet Robbie is regretting already not staying at the Lane and helping the fight for fourth place and the FA Cup). Thats a huge loss of income for Celtic and will set them back big time.

maco

Tony - my signed jersey is different from the one in the link you posted. Mine is a replica of the 1967 jersey rather than a more recent one. It is not from the Celtic shop and yes, I am considering selling it - if the price is right of course!!

Hedley Lamarr

Quote from: maco on February 28, 2010, 10:09:36 PM
Tony - my signed jersey is different from the one in the link you posted. Mine is a replica of the 1967 jersey rather than a more recent one. It is not from the Celtic shop and yes, I am considering selling it - if the price is right of course!!

£300 and you'll be making a take over bid for Celtic.

They are a complete shambles....if the entire squad were put on the transfer list how many premiership clubs would be interested in any players?
Blame the board, not the manager.
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

T Fearon

If the Board are to be blamed then it is only in their appointment of Mowbray. He has been given adequate funds, time etc. Also the Celtic fans who forced Strachan out might also bear some responsibility. For all his faults I'd have him sooner than Mowbray any day of the week

lynchbhoy

jezuz christo - Celtic fans now forced strachan out ??
From hazy recollection (joke) I believe he left of his own accord - and that his failure to land the title after blowing a 9 point lead and that he was somewhat found out and having caused a massive rift with players and lost the dressing rom might have been something to do with his leaving !

Also I am heading over to watch Celtic v falkirk next weekend. Fans will always go to support their team - finances permitting !!

No offense to lambert, he may well be a great manager in time, but right now the english (old) third division does not constitute a great deal. So sitting atop it (albeit having played a game or two more than the next placed side) is nothing muh to crow about lest compare to the top of the spl (where the top few sides would be good enough to play in epl given the same slice of finances the epl sides get).

Yes Tony- it is YOUR opinion that Lambo would be a good replacement right now.

As for yesterdays game, shambolic refereeing in the first half, poor finishing from the Celtic strikers lead to what should have been a stalemate.
Mowbrays starting central defenders were not troubled in the first half. Half time should have been 3-1 to Celtic. The only thing I would criticise is that maybe he needs to have extra shooting practice for them. A draw would have been a fair enough result. no way rangers deserved to win. Their over physical soccer play shoul dhave merited a few yellow cards and maybe even a couple of reds - def at least one. But as ever the ref allowed this to continue and with No protection for themselves, and obvious decisions going against them Celtic players were rightly aggreieved- though Brown still should have kept his temper in check.
thats the first game v rangers this season that def should have been a draw. IMO referees cost Celtic the win in the other two.
Cant blame mowbray for that. At least his team look like they could beat rangers - unlike strachans sides !
With referees like that its looking like the 90's all over again !

Lamh Dhearg Alba

The referee was poor but I dont see how anybody can claim he was biased towards Rangers given he denied them a clear penalty and disallowed a goal (correctly, but if refs have the pro rangers bias alleged by the paranoid androids on this thread he wouldnt be disallowing rangers goals at ibrox). Bougherra should have walked. Lafferty must be the most disliked footballer in Scottish football, fans of pretty much every club are sickened by his diving and dangerous tackles. An appalling footballer too.

I dont see how Celtic fans can defend Mowbwy now. The Rangers team is very average and totally skint yet Mowbray, despite being able to spend a small fortune in comparison, has managed to ensure Celtic are out of the title race by the beginning of March. Quite an achievement. 10 points behind a rotten Rangers team (who have a game in hand) yet he is being defended because his team allegedly "look like they could beat rangers" ??? ??? 

Strachan did a decent and steady job at Celtic but his time was up.Unfortunately for Celtic they made a mistake with his successor and went for a man who has proved to be totally out of his depth. They should be doing their homework now and working towards getting a more able manager in for the summer.

bingobus

As a side to the managerial issue, why was Celtic fans waving womens knickers? This at McGregor?

T Fearon

There seems to be people on here who are happy with any manager in the Celtic hotseat,as long as its not Strachan, and to hell with the results etc! For the record, that year Celtic played Rangers 5 times, and the record read 2 wins, 2 defeats and 1 draw. This year we have managed one draw and two defeats out of three games, yet we are led to believe that "unlike Strachan's, at least Mowbray's teams look like beating Rangers?"

FFS This league has been handed to Rangers on a plate, yet they are skint and haven't signed a player since John Terry was a virgin etc. Contrast that with the Irish League, and the Glentoran manager resigns yet his side aren't half as many poinmts behind Linfield as Celtic are behind Rangers.

You can harp on about referees etc, but the fact that Mowbray is out of his depth cannot be disguised. Useless in the Europa League (where there is no referee bais and the qualifiers from the group are being hammered in the knock out stages by teams we've never heard of), useless in the CIS Cup, useless in the SPL, Mowbray is outsmarted by the likes of Brown and Calderwood, never mind Walter Smith.

The substitutions yesterday were plain crazy, Keane at half pace allowed to stay on, Mc Geady (who was getting lumps kicked out of him) removed and later the even more lightweight Ki was thrown in amongst a bunch of hammerthrowrers etc.

The guy simply hasn't a clue. Write this season off but identify a replacement now.

Hedley Lamarr

Any chance of "King of Kings" Henrik coming to the rescue?
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

clarshack

rumours on other forums are that mowbray had tendered his resignation but was talked into staying on until the end of the season.

if this is true why wait until the summer to replace someone who wants to go now? would be better to get a replacement now and build now for next season.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: clarshack on March 01, 2010, 12:13:37 PM
rumours on other forums are that mowbray had tendered his resignation but was talked into staying on until the end of the season.

if this is true why wait until the summer to replace someone who wants to go now? would be better to get a replacement now and build now for next season.

Heard someone saying yesterday that Celtic had approached Mark Hughes during the week - don't believe it myself.
As for yesterdays match, shocking refereeing decisions and we played pretty poorly in the second half, its not going to change anything in the short term.
Btw I still think theres a slim chance of the flag coming to Parkhead this season, would obviously need the Huns to implode and Celtic to go on an unbeaten run to the last day - still possible, but lets just say I'll not be putting any money on it.  ;)
Tbc....

T Fearon

I think we all must accept that the league race is over, and for the first time since John Barnes, we are not going to be either Champions or involved in the title race until the very last day of the season. That is how far things have regressed in a mere half a season,and its nothing short of shameful given the respective current resources of Rangers and Celtic. If Rangers were miraculously banned from playing another game this season, I still wouldn't bet on Celtic winning the league, such is the current shambles.

I thought Strachan's side last season needed minimal alterations, ie a proven goalscorer, a midfield replacement for Nakamura, and a left back. Mowbray has destroyed the nucleus of a team adequate to challenge for the league yet not one of his replacements show iota of a hint that they are better than those released,and in fact there is evidence to show thery are not nearly as good.

Add to that the wretched form of Mc Geady etc and you et a scale of the mess that has been made.

lynchbhoy

btw - centre halves were looking better than what Celtic had before Christmas or when strachan was manager. One unlucky goal conceeded in inj time with 10 men...
thats as good a def perf as any of strachans last season or strachans first choice centre halves -so wigan and boro are welcome to them !

I think most people were behind strachan as manager and didnt care wheter he was not a celtic fan etc- but he had rubbish players in the side and his last 16 forrays were undone by his artmedia bratislavia and shakthar fiascos. So cant say that mowbray following on from strachan handicapping the side by throwing away last years leage to push Celtic into the CL qualfiers and not doing well in europa leage is any worse than last season.

as for paranoia - well the last three games v rangers the refs have been the cause of Celtic not winning. Yesterday the Celtic players were getting clogged right left and centre. Robbie keane was kicked through each time and there should have been a sending off in the first half which may have ended rangers thuggery and by allowing soccer to be played would have seen Celtic no doubt win - esp against 10 (even 9) men.
But the rules go out the window it seems when rangers play Celtic , yesterdays game a great example of that - it is not a case of people being paranoid - the ref allowed dirty and late tackles, thuggery and intimidation towards Celtic players and that stops a team from playing. anyone who has played knows that.
Mowbray is no MON, but he is as good as strachan. Whether he is there next season or not, at least there will be a better group of players for the start of next year in comparison to the start of this season !