Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

As a matter of interest I picked up the limited edition framed Lisbon lions painting for a bargain £80 in the Celtic shop in Belfast just before xmas last. As you can see here its priced at £200 ;D

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: maco on February 28, 2010, 01:13:25 AM
Lads - do any of you know an approximate value of a framed 1967 replica jersey which has been signed by the 8 surviving members of the European Cup winning team? (certificate to prove authenticity of sgnatures included).

I have John Fallon's Lisbon Lions blazer in the house...He was at the Celtic club in Lurgan.....He must have been massive!! You could fit 2 of me in it and i'm 12 st!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

OverTheBlackSpot

See the team named on Sky Sports News, Keane has made it. Looks a good attacking team, bit worried about the defence.
Boruc, Hinkel, Thompson, Rogne, Braafheid, McGeady, Brown, N'Guemo, Kamara, Keane

Carmen Stateside

Lafferty the cnut! How did Brown get red there?

Carmen Stateside

Dougie may just have won Rangers the title!

The Worker

Carmen Stateside

Injury time winner!
f**king unreal, had chances to clear before corner but sending off was the turning point, horrible decision!

clarshack

gutted but celtic as an attacking force were poor. fortune missed a glorious chance just before half time which really summed up celtic's season. lafferty is w*nker though and he did the same against Aberdeen last year. how boughera never saw red baffles me as well.

T Fearon

Notwithstanding the ridiculous sending off, this game sadly epitomised the shortcomings of the manager once again. In a must win game for Celtic, the team never played with conviction, were on the back foot for most of the game, and only for Boruc and O'Dea would have been gubbed by 3 or 4 by a bunch of medicorities. Apart from that the ridiculous substitutions, particularly Ki for Fortune (when Robbie Keane was dead on his feet) defied both logic and belief.

Now that all hope of winning the league has been extinguished surely the Board must act now, send Mowbray on his way, and identify a candidate to take over in the summer, someone with proven experience and a track record in charge of a big club

tyroneman

Realistically what decent manager will want to come to this shambles??? Mobray, Martinez and Coyle were all we could look at in the summer. 3 losers. The days of turning Hiddinck down for MON are long gone.

T Fearon

Well anything in my opinion would be better than what we have at the moment. The likes of Craig Brown and Jimmy Caldewood have shown that you can make an impact in Scottish Football almost immediately. I think Paul Lambert is  the ideal candidate for what he's done at Norwich this season.

This clown had to go into to-days game with two teenage centre backs, while our league winning captain and international centre half is currently on loan at Middlesbro? Also anyone who knows anything about football in Scotland knows that you need scrappers in midfield, particularly for fixtures like this, yet Hartley is with Bristol City and Robson at Middlesbro.FFS.

Also was Ki's introduction to-day a merchandise selling operation, as the game was undoubtedly beamed live to Korea etc? FFS you might as well have brought on Julian Simmons, this was not a game to introduce a hanky ball player into >:(

glens73

Quote from: T Fearon on February 28, 2010, 03:22:18 PM
Notwithstanding the ridiculous sending off, this game sadly epitomised the shortcomings of the manager once again. In a must win game for Celtic, the team never played with conviction, were on the back foot for most of the game, and only for Boruc and O'Dea would have been gubbed by 3 or 4 by a bunch of medicorities. Apart from that the ridiculous substitutions, particularly Ki for Fortune (when Robbie Keane was dead on his feet) defied both logic and belief.

Now that all hope of winning the league has been extinguished surely the Board must act now, send Mowbray on his way, and identify a candidate to take over in the summer, someone with proven experience and a track record in charge of a big club

[/quote]
Quote from: T Fearon on February 28, 2010, 04:16:44 PM
Well anything in my opinion would be better than what we have at the moment. The likes of Craig Brown and Jimmy Caldewood have shown that you can make an impact in Scottish Football almost immediately. I think Paul Lambert is  the ideal candidate for what he's done at Norwich this season.
This clown had to go into to-days game with two teenage centre backs, while our league winning captain and international centre half is currently on loan at Middlesbro? Also anyone who knows anything about football in Scotland knows that you need scrappers in midfield, particularly for fixtures like this, yet Hartley is with Bristol City and Robson at Middlesbro.FFS.

Also was Ki's introduction to-day a merchandise selling operation, as the game was undoubtedly beamed live to Korea etc? FFS you might as well have brought on Julian Simmons, this was not a game to introduce a hanky ball player into >:(

Is that not a contradiction Mr Fearon. Paul Lambert has a decent track record at League One and Two in England, a similar standard some might say to the SPL but not the same sort of pressure cooker atmosphere as the Old Firm

clarshack

you just get the feeling that if mowbrays celtic played smith's rangers roughly around 20 times celtic would come away with only 4 or 5 draws.

T Fearon

Lambert also has a Champions League medal and has shown enough potential to be given his chance. The way he has turned things round at Norwich, where there is big enough pressure, is evidence of his proven ability in my opinion