Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

ONeill

Saw John Barnes in the crowd. He was making notes.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Mowbray shouldn't walk, he should run as fast as his fecking legs can carry him, though with his muddled up thinking that woud probably be round in circles. Get Lennon and Mc Grain in charge and get a bit of passion and fight, and you never know aht might happen

Myles Na G.

It isn't Mowbray who's at fault - he's an honest man who just happens to be a crap manager. The people who should be run out of CP are the people who thought he was a good choice in the first place ('he's a Celtic man'). These are the same people who thought it was a good idea to get rid of a successful manager because they didn't like his hair colour, or his post match one liners, or the fact that he didn't invent the huddle, or whatever. Pathetic.

T Fearon

Myles Na G, you are not far from the truth. What a shame, Rangers penniless, unable to bring in one player, running away with the league, whereas Celtic flush, wasting money hand over fist and will struggle to finish in the top three. I'd have kept Strachan unless and until a demonstrably better successor with a proven track record was found.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: OverTheBlackSpot on February 13, 2010, 02:17:41 PM
Celtic's defence are a joke !

Look back over this thread and see people hounding players like McManus. By no means a world beater but a solid citizen who had done a decent job for Celtic and Scotland. Mowbray clearly didnt fancy him from the start but why shift him out on loan when he clearly didnt have cover at the back? Left today with a kid signed from Stockport for the long term and O'Dea who couldnt get a game with Reading. I can see why he moved on Caldwell to get a fee before his contract expired but again, given the lack of cover, there would even have been an argument for keeping him until proper replacements were found. To fall so behind a shit Rangers team is unacceptable and now Mowbray has blown a chance to close the gap and put some pressure on. I dont particularly rate Strachan but he is clearly a better manager than Mowbray.
Where is GDA? Be on here soon to blame Scottish officials no doubt.

JimStynes

Mowbray is a disaster lads. Never mind this crap about strachan either. But when you look at the facts Mowbray has been f**king woeful. he has to go, however will anybody else want to manage that lot.

T Fearon

I said when he was first appointed that he had no semblance of the qualities needed to be manager of Celtic and I said also that Strachan's reign woud eventally be viewed in a new light. Whatever you think about Strachan, he gave us legends like Boruc and Nakamura etc, and produced a side with balls to win its last six or seven league games in 2008, under extreme pressure to clinch the title. There has been talk in the dressing room of deliberate disillusionment, and in Caldwell's case you don't suddenly go from Scotland's Player of the Year to becoming a nervous wreck without good reason.

Any football team reflects the personality of its manager, and this Celtic team sure does that, clueless, uncertain and with a total inability to produce under pressure or remotely meet the high expectations of a global support.

I feel sorry for Tony Mowbray, a genuinely nice man (again part of the problem, maybe the likes of Mc Geady needs a boot up the hole, like Strachan did last season, and Big Jock did regularly with all of the Lions) but as I've said before he's better off managing teams like Hibs and WBA, where the punters have no expectation of silverware but are happy to watch nice football, and loads of goals. Meanwhile the Celtic Board needs to act now, an interim appointment of Lennon and Mc Grain might at least salvage the Scottish Cup this season and give the Board adequate time to pursue the right candidate for next season and the longer term future between now and the summer

Club Rossa

That was soul destroying yesterday,2 goal lead with less than 20 minutes remaining and can't even close it out.
The defending was terrible even by Celtic's standards.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on February 13, 2010, 09:56:31 PM
Quote from: OverTheBlackSpot on February 13, 2010, 02:17:41 PM
Celtic's defence are a joke !

Look back over this thread and see people hounding players like McManus. By no means a world beater but a solid citizen who had done a decent job for Celtic and Scotland. Mowbray clearly didnt fancy him from the start but why shift him out on loan when he clearly didnt have cover at the back? Left today with a kid signed from Stockport for the long term and O'Dea who couldnt get a game with Reading. I can see why he moved on Caldwell to get a fee before his contract expired but again, given the lack of cover, there would even have been an argument for keeping him until proper replacements were found. To fall so behind a shit Rangers team is unacceptable and now Mowbray has blown a chance to close the gap and put some pressure on. I dont particularly rate Strachan but he is clearly a better manager than Mowbray.
Where is GDA? Be on here soon to blame Scottish officials no doubt.

Jesus LDA, I'm keeeping my head down nursing a rotten hangover from the weekend and a serious bout of depression!
I'll get back to you re your comments later, league can still be won, we've just made it a million times harder to do then it was last week!
Actually agree with you re Mick McManus.
Tbc....

T Fearon

GDU, The league can still be won? Can I have a pint of whatever you're on? Dundee Utd at home this weekend and Rangers away the following weekend should well and truly hammer the final nails into the coffin.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on February 15, 2010, 11:32:40 AM
GDA, The league can still be won? Can I have a pint of whatever you're on? Dundee Utd at home this weekend and Rangers away the following weekend should well and truly hammer the final nails into the coffin.

If we lose both those games I'd have to concur (well almost) certainly if we give up fighting now then the league is over.
We all know if there is a difficult/hard way to do something and an easy way, Celtic will choose the minefield every time.
Tbc....

T Fearon

I am not saying we should give up the fight, I'm saying that under the current leadership we are fighting a losing battle.

Just looked at the interim financial results. Noted among the "highlights" are the facts that we

"Competed in the Europa League" ::)

"Are currently second in the SPL" ::)

"Are still in the Scottish Cup" ::)

I wonder did John Reid get Alistair Campbell to write this rubbish?.

Other features are that income is down substantially, costs down but not on a par with the drop in income etc, but its all blamed on the recession, the convenient scapegoat for all businesses underperforming, nothing to do with an incompetent manager or Board that appointed him

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Whilst I agree with you that TM's position becomes more untenable with each disastrous result, I still believe that we have the makings of a good team there and the major problem is the fact that they have only really started playing together as a unit 2 matches ago! Given a short while longer they will turn the corner (as hopefully will TM) and we will see a decent team playing at Parkhead once again. Ffs at this stage sure we have nothing to lose anyway.  :-[
Tbc....

rossie mad

I cant believe the rubbish you are spouting now tony.The reason income is down is because tony mowbray is manager.Nothing at all to do with the worst global economic situaution since the 1930s plus the fact the spl keeps losing income through lower standards every year and thus less tv and sponshership money.
Catch a grip will ya.

On the aberdeen disaster didnt see it but from reading reports defensively a nightmare and our achilles heel all year.
Obviously a big slap in the face for the likes of me in the mowbray camp but i still think the man should be given the rest of the season to redeem it.
If he doesnt win the cup and fails to win nine of the remaining games then ill hold up my hands and say he isnt the man but the squad he has now is potentially very good if he can get them winning games.

T Fearon

After six months, when the team has gone backward, and Mowbray has shown no signs whatsover that he has what it takes to manage Celtic, there is plenty to lose in terms of the medium term future. What is the point in letting him continue in the job when he is plainly not going to be a success?

I'd give him until the end of February, with the minimum requirement to get six points from the next two games, and failing that, I'd appoint Mc Grain and Lennon until the end of the season, and start looking for the right long term candidate now to have in place in early summer.