?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on February 11, 2010, 10:44:08 AM
f**king disgusting!
Once again this season Scottish officials are influencing where the SPL title will end up! On the blue side of Glasga.  >:(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8509746.stm

It was a very poor decision but strangely GDA doesnt mention the 2 penalty incidents at the other end, one of which was a stonewaller. That doesnt fit with GDA's ridiculous theory though so is brushed under the carpet.

Celtic have nobody to blame but themselves for falling so far behind a rank rotten Rangers team. At least they are now 2 points closer and hopefully the gap will continue to narrow and set up an exciting finish. Rangers will certainly drop enough points to give Celtic a chance but can Celtic keep winning to take advantage, Im not sure at this stage.
Still keep the faith and if all else fails blame the ref :D

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 11, 2010, 10:08:25 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on February 11, 2010, 09:59:05 AM
I will keep the faith when I see evidence that its worth keeping, but I refuse to get carried away with a home win against a club in disarray. Difference between Strachan and Mowbray is three titles, one Scottish Cup and one CIS Cup, and Champions League end stage qualification. I also notice that he seems to be finding his feet with Middlesbro as well, they're only a couple of points off a promotion qualifier place.
considering they were near the top two and he has a ex epl squad that is /was mostly head and shoulders over the vast majority of squads in epl - thats not much of a boast for strachan...
Mowbray cant have three spl titles etc behind him when hes only half way through his first season.
Judge him over the same 5 as strachan.
Already in first season european ventures, mowbray is way better with the poor showing in europa leage in comparison to strachans artmedia bratislavia tactic-less disgrace !
FFS, Strachan could win Boro promotion this year and the EPL next year and you'd still be finding reasons to begrudge him his success. If Boro were so good, why did they sack Southgate? If Strachan is such a poor manager, why does he have better club record than Mowbray? Why was his time at Celtic more successful, and accomplished at a fraction of the cost, than MON? If Rangers were so bad during Strachan's tenure, how come they equalled MON's crowning achievement while at CP by reaching a major European final? You really do talk a load of balls.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on February 11, 2010, 10:01:14 PM
I will keep the faith when I see evidence that its worth keeping, but I refuse to get carried away with a home win against a club in disarray. Difference between Strachan and Mowbray is three titles, one Scottish Cup and one CIS Cup, and Champions League end stage qualification. I also notice that he seems to be finding his feet with Middlesbro as well, they're only a couple of points off a promotion qualifier place.
considering they were near the top two and he has a ex epl squad that is /was mostly head and shoulders over the vast majority of squads in epl - thats not much of a boast for strachan...
Mowbray cant have three spl titles etc behind him when hes only half way through his first season.
Already in first season european ventures, mowbray is way better with the poor showing in europa leage in comparison to strachans artmedia bratislavia tactic-less disgrace !
FFS, Strachan could win Boro promotion this year and the EPL next year and you'd still be finding reasons to begrudge him his success. If Boro were so good, why did they sack Southgate? If Strachan is such a poor manager, why does he have better club record than Mowbray? Why was his time at Celtic more successful, and accomplished at a fraction of the cost, than MON? If Rangers were so bad during Strachan's tenure, how come they equalled MON's crowning achievement while at CP by reaching a major European final? You really do talk a load of balls.

MON was up against a far better Rangers team in fairness. They had walked the league the season previous to his arrival. During most of Strachan's Celtic reign Rangers were an utter shambles. They then turned it around somewhat when Smith took charge again and started getting results against Strachan's Celtic team.

Yes Strachan got Celtic out of the group stages of the Champions League but he had that bit of luck that O'Neill didn't. Whether it be with an easier draws or the fact that he qualified with the same amount of points as O'Neill didn't qualify with.

rossie mad

You would bring that up you troll.
The difference is o neill had celtic playing some of the best football in europe at the time and the results show that.
Rangers however were defensive at best and their one track tactic got them to the final.
Yes they got to the final but with the grace of a sow having a crap.

If a chairman had MON and smith in his final two for a job and the decision lay on both teams uefa cup runs and their performances well it wouldnt take a genius to figure which one he would pick.

Now you go back to your Ibrox websites and talk about what you know best which is s**t football

T Fearon

O'Neill also had Larsson and Moravcik, and was able to shell out big money on Sutton, Hartson etc. Also he had lower levels of expectancy to contend with in his early days.All assets that Strachan didn't enjoy

Its amazing that in many people's eyes Strachan could do nothing right. I certainly would swap any of his 4 seasons, including last season, in exchange for the current dross at Celtic Park

rossie mad

Who spent over 6m on scott brown Tony?
Who paid for roy keanes wages?

Strachan had as much access to money as any other manager at celtic over the last 15 years.
He decided to spend bad that was the difference eg gary caldwell,mark wilson,samaras,killen to name but a few.

Strachan did a good job with a squad very limited with skill or class.
He was found out last year as the squad he had assembled turned out to be shit.
That cannot be disputed as now alot of it has been sold on as the current manager couldnt work with such muck.

If celtic beat aberdeen saturday will that mean aberdeen are in disarray as well or are you afraid to acknowledge the new regime?

T Fearon

It was £4m for Scott Brown actually and he help deliver a league title. Also Roy Keane was a dud signed against Strachan's wishes for the purpose of signing merchandise.

Was Martin O'Neill found out in the last match of the 2004/05 season?

Managers tend to  want "their own teams" for egotistical reasons. In my opinion Mowbray has moved a lot of players on who have experience of winning Scottish League titles and there is no guarantee or evidence that his replacements are any better.

Also as I've said before, if Strachan had had the luxury of bringing in Robbie Keane this time last year, he would have won a fourth title in a row.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: rossie mad on February 12, 2010, 12:00:19 AM

The difference is o neill had celtic playing some of the best football in europe at the time and the results show that.
Rangers however were defensive at best and their one track tactic got them to the final.

If a chairman had MON and smith in his final two for a job and the decision lay on both teams uefa cup runs and their performances well it wouldnt take a genius to figure which one he would pick.

Now you go back to your Ibrox websites and talk about what you know best which is s**t football
Like I said to you before, stick to the gaelic football and stop coming on here with your garbled facts (£6m for Scott Brown?  :D)

ludermor

There was a lad on Newstalk last week talking bout Martin O'Neill and he said that in his whole management career he had only signed 3 south american players, anyone know if this is right???

rossie mad

Was brown not bought for 6 million?
I thought i read that somewhere.Probably reading euro figures so.

So you are now saying that strachan didnt want roy keane  ::)

Well if he didnt it just confirms my belief of him as a manager.
Above average at best.

o neill didnt blow an eight point lead on the run in against worse rangers side in years.

If strachan had got robbie keane this time last year he probably would have won the league as he had seven point lead.
But then that would say more about keanes scoring ability than strachans tactical prowess.

You see the club was getting a bad image with strachan in charge grinding out results and playing pish in europe etc.
Thats not the celtic way and the hierarchy and supporters could see this.

Remember the last match against man utd in celtic park?
I was never so embarrased as a celtic supporter that night as that was typical of celtic under strachan pure muck

AFS

Quote from: ludermor on February 12, 2010, 10:21:57 AM
There was a lad on Newstalk last week talking bout Martin O'Neill and he said that in his whole management career he had only signed 3 south american players, anyone know if this is right???

Juninho is one, he was crap. Did O'Neill sign that Rafael Shite guy?

the colonel

That was Barnes who signed Scheidt.

Brown cost £4.4m to be exact
the difference between success and failure is energy

Minder

Martin O'Neill signed Emile Heskey. Case closed.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

rossie mad

Quote from: Myles Na G. on February 12, 2010, 10:18:37 AM

Like I said to you before, stick to the gaelic football and stop coming on here with your garbled facts (£6m for Scott Brown?  :D)

I was quoting the media in the south which uses euro figures you rankers lover.

Just to let you know i am a expert on both gaelic football and celtic so ill be here for quite a while you two faced troll. ;D
you heading to Ibrox at the weelend? ::)

Quote from: ludermor on February 12, 2010, 10:21:57 AM

I think i remeber o neill brought some young brazillian defender on trial for a while but dont think anything came of it.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on February 12, 2010, 10:18:37 AM

He may be a GAA fan firstly (like a lot of us here on a GAA website) but he obv knows more about soccer than you seem to do.
we can compare all we like, but you cannot expect to compare mogga with half a season and  strachan with Celtic with 5  or 4 seasons with Celtic.
I'd always go back to strachans first compeitive game v artmedia bratislavia. That shows his tactical acumen - or the lack of it.
Mowbray in his first season is as good as strachan last season, prob better. Thats despite the rubbish players he has inherited. Mogga makes mistakes, he is no hiddink or MON, but he is building a team that I like the look of. Centre halves that can defend, midfielders that dont go missing and strikers that can score (ok maybe not fortune - though he might be the kind of player for CL when he has space and isnt up againt 10 man defences)

MON is head and shoulders - even ankles above strachan, who was poor in english top and second divisions, and is proving mediocre again despite having one of the best and biggest and more expensive squads in the english championship.
best of luck to him now, but he was not much cop at Celtic. he did ok for a couple of seasons and just about won league titles  where Celtic should have cantered to them.
The players look like real footballers now and there is none of that petty squabbling with the likes of mcgeady and the dressingroom split that was caused by strachan.