Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Key players like Robson, Caldwell and Flood!  :D :D :D What a load of shite.
As for the rest of the piece, haven't read as much crap since the piece claiming that Saddam had WMD's.
Tbc....

the green man

Its not Hately. Its a posters razor sharp wit

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: the green man on February 02, 2010, 10:57:19 AM
Its not Hately. Its a posters razor sharp wit

Didn't really think Hately was that stupid.  :D
Tbc....

Main Street

That's the penalty taking crisis solved.
I don't know if I heard right on the radio, that a bookie (Boyle sports?) was offering Robbie at 9/4 against scoring at least 10 goals in the Spl.
Some 15 games to go.
I don't gamble but if I did,

mhacadoir

mannix

the demise of robbies career is in full flow, or am i wrong thinking scottish football is a retirement ground for has beens or nearly beens with the exception of henrik larson.

saffron sam2

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Doogie Browser

Quote from: mannix on February 02, 2010, 01:58:05 PM
the demise of robbies career is in full flow, or am i wrong thinking scottish football is a retirement ground for has beens or nearly beens with the exception of henrik larson.
:D Less than three months ago he scored a cracking goal in Paris for his country, nice try.

mannix

well doogie, agreed, it was a great goal and he really tried very hard  as always. My question was is he finished as a premiership player and is this the beginning of the end of his career at the sharp end? how good is a league with 2 winners in the last 25 years or thereabouts? roy keane went there because he wanted to, not because he had to, his career was dimming at the time and he knew it.

Main Street

Who gives a feck about all that demise crap.
This is bigger than the (alleged) resurrection.

Celt_Man

Quote from: clarshack on February 02, 2010, 10:40:16 AM
saw this on another forum - dunno if its for real....

I'M NOT KEANE ON CELTS PUBLICITY STUNT Mark Hateley's view on the transfer sensation that shocked Scottish football

I was just finishing off a delicious Italian meal and uncorking another bottle of the finest red when my phone beeped a message at me this evening.It simply said "Robbie Keane signs for Celtic" and i knew straight away what it meant - Robbie Keane had signed for Celtic.And although this is indeed an audacious swoop by the Parkhead side,i can't help feeling its being done to sell jerseys and have a little dig at the financial situation over at Ibrox.In short,its nothing more than a publicity stunt.

Think about it.After selling top scorer Scott McDonald during the day the calls for manager Tony Mowbray's head would have reached a crescendo throughout the country.The Parkhead board knew fine well that a couple of loan deals from the lower reaches of England and Germany were not enough to appease a baying mob already reeling from the loss of key players Robson,Caldwell and Flood.They needed someone to paper over the enormous cracks appearing at Celtic Park and the Irishman was the one.I'd be surprised if Keane pulls on the hoops at all to be honest.He will suffer a mysterious injury in training most likely and be wrapped in cotton wool until May when his loan deal runs out and he will be back down South faster than you can say clutching at straws.Its a disgraceful way to treat the supporters and Lawwell,Desmond & co should hang their collective heads in shame.

And what exactly does this so-called signing do for the already flimsy team spirit at Celtic?I'll tell you what,it breeds resentment and creates divides.Keane will be on more money than the rest of the first team squad put together and i'm willing to bet he will conveniently leave his first wage slip pinned to the locker of Samaras or his bank statement glued inside the boot of Fortune' just because he can.In fact this signing which is said to have caused shockwaves throughout football will create divisions throughout the Celtic dressing room and beyond.And for what,a childish statement of intent designed to cause unrest over at Ibrox?

But instead of causing unrest at Rangers i'm willing to bet it will do the exact opposite of that and actually strengthen the Ibrox men.Walter Smith will see through the hyperbole and hysteria surrounding Keane's arrival and will make sure his men use it to their advantage.Rangers could have pushed the boat out for Martin Petrov today but instead chose not to risk the unbreakable team spirit in place in the dressing room and place faith in the men who know what the club is all about.So instead of fearing the signing of Keane i'm confident Walter Smith will welcome his arrival.After all it has sealed another SPL title for Rangers.

As told to James Traynor

I have rarely come across such a shining example of literay diarrhea....  If ever proof was needed of that saying " Paper never refused ink"... well there it is...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Doogie Browser

Quote from: mannix on February 02, 2010, 02:18:39 PM
well doogie, agreed, it was a great goal and he really tried very hard  as always. My question was is he finished as a premiership player and is this the beginning of the end of his career at the sharp end? how good is a league with 2 winners in the last 25 years or thereabouts? roy keane went there because he wanted to, not because he had to, his career was dimming at the time and he knew it.
As Main Street says, this is massive for the SPL, a great signing, best bit of news Celtic have had in a long time.

T Fearon

This should be viewed a la Bellamy (though unlike Bellamy I hope Robbie leaves Glasgow with a league winners medal). Lets face it, if he scores loads of goals he will be back in the English Premiership like a shot next season (with either Spurs or someone else) and if he doesn't he will still be back anyway, at one of the smaller clubs like Villa or Sunderland.

Incidentally I'm right in thinking that Robbie is the first player to have played for both Celtic and Inter Milan, the protagonists on that famous afternoon in Lisbon in May 1967?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: T Fearon on February 02, 2010, 03:00:03 PM
smaller clubs like Villa or Sunderland.
I don't know why I bother but here goes  ::)
Villa - European Cups - 1, European Super Cups - 1
English First Division - 7

Spuds -  small fry in comparison  8)

stibhan

Lads that Hateley article is a well-known parody on Kerrydale Street done by tinsoldier over there.