?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on January 20, 2010, 04:55:36 PM
Yeah, but Larsson and Lubo were the last "unknowns" who turned out to be good players, and that was nearly ten years ago.

What about pursuing the likes of St Ledger, Shane Long (surely Celtic would be a better bet than Reading) etc. Even signing Senderos would send out the right signals....at least we've heard of him!
the last 'world class' unknowns - though could at least add Boruc in there too...

a good few cracking 'unknowns ' unearthed after that - agathe, thompson, miller (well he was until he left) ...am sure you could think of a few more if given more than 10 seconds...

rossie mad

Hartson in my eyes was one of our better players in the last twenty years.

Also what about mjallby,rieper,lambart,t boyd and di canio in my eyes were players of a very high standard.

We just have mcgeady and skippy now who in my eyes are players of a high calibre and you could add in scott brown but not on form before he got injured.

The lower calibre players we are attracting at the moment is down to several reasons

Lack of revenue being generated by the SPL itself mainly low tv revenue and falling attendances even at old firm games.

A tighter hold on the purse strings by the celtic board driven by a very astute major shareholder aka mr desmond and also the fear of turning into the financial mess that the near neighbours find themselves in.

European form bar a couple of uefa cup final appearances is absymal.
qualification to the knock out stages of champions league now looked upon by both clubs as a major victory.

Lower wages than other leagues

Big name managers no longer look to the old firm as big jobs and will prefere to stay in the epl or the championship to keep themselves in the shop window.

Glasgow is not exactly WAG heaven.might not be a major point but big name players are being influenced more and more by the other half.

I am firmly of the belief if the powers that be in scottish fooball want to improve its fare then they have to forget the old firm and concentrate on the other major clubs in its cities eg dundee,aberdeen,edinburgh.

The old firm are well able to look after themselves.
Either turf them off to the EPL which i believe will happen in the next 5 to ten years or else give the other ten clubs in the league as well as the lower divisions a bigger investment over a five year period so that they can at least try to challenge for a top spot otherwise the league as it is now will be a massive joke in five years time.

Club Rossa

Celtic created a huge amount of chances today and it looked like it would be the same old story again,the goals were of real quality though and the win was vital.anything less would have been a disaster.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Club Rossa on January 24, 2010, 06:05:39 PM
Celtic created a huge amount of chances today and it looked like it would be the same old story again,the goals were of real quality though and the win was vital.anything less would have been a disaster.

:o Tell that to the people of Hiata 

Club Rossa

If you're going to be so picky,at least try to spell Haiti correctly ;)

longrunsthefox

The last minute penalty... now that WAS a disaster  :-* 

clarshack

with 13 mins left it was still 1-1. if it was 11 v 11 i dont think celtic would have won. it was the same old story needing about 16 chances to get the 1st goal and what about o'dea's sitter! great finishes by fortune & mccourt though. the hibs game on wednesday night will tell a lot.

Orior

I saw a little bit of the match today:

Boruc - potential disaster
Loverens - disaster
O'Dea - needs confidence
Samaras - I just dont know
McCourt - genius!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Orior on January 24, 2010, 08:55:18 PM

Loverens - disaster
O'Dea - needs confidence
McCourt - genius!

Michelangelo, Hemmingway, Harry McCourt  :P

Orior

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 24, 2010, 09:50:44 PM

Loverens - disaster
O'Dea - needs confidence
McCourt - genius!

http://homepages.tesco.net/~hugh.daly/fun.htm#HARRY%20MCCOURT
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Orior on January 24, 2010, 09:57:13 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 24, 2010, 09:50:44 PM

Loverens - disaster
O'Dea - needs confidence
McCourt - genius!

http://homepages.tesco.net/~hugh.daly/fun.htm#HARRY%20MCCOURT

Good one Orior... I knew his name was like constonant-vowel - 2 same constonants and y.  I always wanted to tell you that avater of yours is very funny. Marty Feldman used to craic me up. 

Club Rossa

Fox the last minue penalty was terrible but was nothing compared to Hiata :P

ludermor

Quote from: Club Rossa on January 25, 2010, 10:49:56 AM
Fox the last minue penalty was terrible but was nothing compared to Hiata :P

Don't know what you have against Portuguese rock bands?????
http://www.hiata.com/

the colonel

Celtic have accepted a bid from Burnley for Danny Fox, strange one
the difference between success and failure is energy

OverTheBlackSpot

Whats going on at parkhead ? From what I've seen of Fox he looks a good player.