Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Club Rossa

Caldwell did play against Wolves but he's still s***e.

T Fearon

Was he not recently Scotland's Player of the Year? Not saying he's top class, but FFS Beckenbauer in his prime would be crap in the current Celtic defence. Say what you like about Strachan but we did not concede awful goals consistently under his reign. Also I think that Killen's claim that Mowbray deliberately set out to disillusion some players and the resulting adverse impact this has had on overall team morale (which seems to be rock bottom) are worth investigating and if found to be true Mowbray should be sent packing immediately.

charlieTully

Club Rossa

Celtic conceded plenty of awful goals under Strachan last season in my opinion,but i agree with you about Mowbray.
It's just not happening for him and i reckon he will do well to last the season.

T Fearon

In fairness, it seems as if he wasn't first choice (Owen Coyle?) and probably not even second choice. It seems to me the Board prioritised recruiting a "Celtic man" over a proven managerial winner. At the end of the day the "Celtic man" stuff is nonsense as Wim and Strachan weren't Celtic men but still won trophies.

I think Lambert has done enough now to prove that he is a more capable manager than Mowbray, who seems to me to be just too nice. This team is under achieving big time, Rangers with a much more astute manager are over achieving and its scandalous given the respective financial state of both clubs

reddgnhand

Quote from: T Fearon on January 17, 2010, 06:21:44 PM
In fairness, it seems as if he wasn't first choice (Owen Coyle?) and probably not even second choice. It seems to me the Board prioritised recruiting a "Celtic man" over a proven managerial winner. At the end of the day the "Celtic man" stuff is nonsense as Wim and Strachan weren't Celtic men but still won trophies.

I think Lambert has done enough now to prove that he is a more capable manager than Mowbray, who seems to me to be just too nice. This team is under achieving big time, Rangers with a much more astute manager are over achieving and its scandalous given the respective financial state of both clubs

You would know a lot about not being a "Celtic man" ye Spurs bollocks. What has Paul Lambert done in management that makes him more capable than Tony Mowbray?

clarshack

was at the game yesterday. i knew it was going to be a bad day when naylor, mcmanus & o'dea  were starting in the back four. i do rate o'dea but he's just back from being on loan where he hardly played any football - he was very rusty. o'dea did cost the goal but i thought boruc could have done better for the goal as well. fortune was very poor and hardly got a kick and there just seemed to be no cutting edge up front. overall it was hard to take any positives from the game and it looks like mowbray is on borrowed time.

T Fearon

Moderator. I would be grateful if you could examine redgghand's post and decide if his reference to me as a "Spurs bollox" constitutes personal abuse and merits the invocation of the disciplinary code. Thanks

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: T Fearon on January 17, 2010, 09:04:14 PM
Moderator. I would be grateful if you could examine redgghand's post and decide if his reference to me as a "Spurs bollox" constitutes personal abuse and merits the invocation of the disciplinary code. Thanks

Someone has been licking the mod's ass since you got cautioned last week.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: reddgnhand on January 17, 2010, 07:10:38 PM

You would know a lot about not being a "Celtic man" ye Spurs bollocks. What has Paul Lambert done in management that makes him more capable than Tony Mowbray?

er...hasn't got his team relegated?

reddgnhand

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 17, 2010, 09:17:53 PM
Quote from: reddgnhand on January 17, 2010, 07:10:38 PM

er...hasn't got his team relegated?

With all due respect he hasnt got his team promoted either. Mowbray did win the championship with WBA.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on January 17, 2010, 11:29:06 AM
Was he not recently Scotland's Player of the Year? Not saying he's top class, but FFS Beckenbauer in his prime would be crap in the current Celtic defence. Say what you like about Strachan but we did not concede awful goals consistently under his reign. Also I think that Killen's claim that Mowbray deliberately set out to disillusion some players and the resulting adverse impact this has had on overall team morale (which seems to be rock bottom) are worth investigating and if found to be true Mowbray should be sent packing immediately.
are you using the spl or spl writers player of the year awards as a barometer ?
looking back on who won such awards over the years I am surprised you would bring that up - as quite often , players who did not merit the award - won it !!

strachans teams were serial goal conceders !
Lambert may be good in time but he needs more exp. Mowbray has more exp.
We know Celtic went for Coyle - but I am happy he didnt take it, imo he also needs more exp first. Going for 'Celtic minded' managers is a must for Celtic right now - as they havent the funds to lure any winning manager from outwith the ranks of current and ex-Celtic men.

Mowbrays team is missing strength in depth and at least two goal poachers -one is a must.
the only thing that Mogga is guilty of currently looks like Fortune is a waste of money - but all managers have that problem ...Berbatov at man u, robinho at man city, liverpool - take your pick.

A new top notch striker might changed things completely - like Bellamy almost did when at Celtic park for that second half of a season (he almost powered Celtic single handedly to the title).
I'd hope Celtic under Mowbray can turn it around. Still a bit to go in the season yet and two games v rangers. However Celtic cant afford any more slip ups.

T Fearon

Don't get me wrong, I hope Mowbray succeeds, he seems like a decent bloke, maybe thats the problem!

Watched the Hamilton Huns game on Saturday, and even though they didn't play well, you just knew the Huns would grind out a result eventually. Its the sort of game that Celtic currently aren't capable of winning however.

Supporter unrest is evident, banners unfurled on Saturday for the attention of Desmond, Reid and Lawwell. I feel this is ominous for Mowbray unless there is immediate improvement, and attendances are falling as well

clarshack

although celtic were poor on saturday they werent helped by the referee. he should have blown for a foul before the falkirk goal. he let falkirk get away with a lot of physical stuff but blew celtic up for a lot less. their keeper got away with time wasting all afternoon and he denied celtic a stonewall penalty late on. there was also a strange decision against boruc. celtic shouldnt be needing the referees help to beat the likes of falkirk at home but at the same time are getting screwed over week in week out by officials.

Club Rossa

It's strange that a Celtic team can go out and play the shite out of a Rangers team one week
(without getting their just rewards) and then be so inept against a bunch of cloggers like Falkirk.In my opinion,any man lucky enough to play for Celtic should be bursting their bollocks every time they pull on the jersey,no matter who the opposition is.Unfortunately that isn't the case these days.