?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

red hander

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 04, 2010, 08:56:53 PM
Can't for the life of me see why Fortune's goal was disallowed. Shocking decision.

Nor can I see how Kyle "There could be uproar and I'd have to consider my international career [if I signed for Celtic]" Lafferty hasn't been lifted by the Glasgow Polis. Shocking tackle. Hope Evil Genius is proud.

To be fair to Laugherty, he's such a useless tube that that was as close as he was going to get to the ball in that tackle

T Fearon

Samaras created a chance for himself out of nothing, but you wouldn't call it a sitter, Robson's was an opportunistic header from a cross, and Mc Geady basically can't compose himself when in a scoring position.You wouldn't have put money on any one of these three so called chances being converted, and the Rangers defence (that is a 17 year old and 39 year old centre back pairing) weren't exactly taken to the cleaners at any stage of a game were Celtic had the lions share of possession. I agree with Jim Mc Lean (a wily old fox that managed a great Dundee Utd side in the 80s) who gave Mc Geady 6 out of 10 in the Daily Record to-day, and said his end product is still way short of his skill and workrate.

Celt_Man

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 04, 2010, 09:37:33 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on January 04, 2010, 09:25:21 PM
Can't for the life of me see why Fortune's goal was disallowed. Shocking decision.

Nor can I see how Kyle "There could be uproar and I'd have to consider my international career [if I signed for Celtic]" Lafferty hasn't been lifted by the Glasgow Polis. Shocking tackle. Hope Evil Genius is proud.

Heard about Fortuné's goal on the radio before I got into watch the game, it said it was a terrible decision... Saw it at half time and had to agree, minimal if any contact

Haven't seen that rat's tackle yet, any highlights of it online yet?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8438767.stm

37 seconds in.

McDonald was onside. Fearon remains a fool.

Bloody video won't work here  >:(
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

wallyman

Quote from: Celt_Man on January 04, 2010, 10:15:36 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 04, 2010, 09:37:33 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on January 04, 2010, 09:25:21 PM

Heard about Fortuné's goal on the radio before I got into watch the game, it said it was a terrible decision... Saw it at half time and had to agree, minimal if any contact

Haven't seen that rat's tackle yet, any highlights of it online yet?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8438767.stm

37 seconds in.

McDonald was onside. Fearon remains a fool.

Bloody video won't work here  >:(

That tackle is a joke!!!!!

Myles Na G.

Quote from: T Fearon on January 04, 2010, 10:09:52 PM
Samaras created a chance for himself out of nothing, but you wouldn't call it a sitter, Robson's was an opportunistic header from a cross, and Mc Geady basically can't compose himself when in a scoring position.You wouldn't have put money on any one of these three so called chances being converted, and the Rangers defence (that is a 17 year old and 39 year old centre back pairing) weren't exactly taken to the cleaners at any stage of a game were Celtic had the lions share of possession. I agree with Jim Mc Lean (a wily old fox that managed a great Dundee Utd side in the 80s) who gave Mc Geady 6 out of 10 in the Daily Record to-day, and said his end product is still way short of his skill and workrate.
You've said twice that Celtic created litttle, yet now you're saying that Samaras 'created' a chance for himself. Robson's 'opportunistic' header was actually created by a decent cross from Hinkel, I think. And whether or not McGeady can compose himself has nothing to do with the fact that two good chances were carved out for or by him. And that's still not counting the chance that McGeady created for McDonald to score or the one that allowed Fortune to put the ball in the net. Celtic created plenty. They couldn't finish because they lack a top class goal scorer.

reddgnhand

Quote from: T Fearon on January 04, 2010, 09:40:17 PM
Look at his positioning when the cross was delivered. He is arguably in front of the last defender. Marginal enough.

Still onside you clown.

reddgnhand

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 04, 2010, 10:02:03 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 04, 2010, 09:35:01 PM
In fairness in the modern game when a forward challenges a goalkeeper for a high ball and scores, the keeper nearly always gets the foul and free kick.I also thought there was a hint of offside about Mc Donald's goal.

For all their possession Celtic created little enough and with the brittle defence (much more brittle than Rangers who have a centre half approaching 40) I wouldn't put my mortgage on this Celtic team and manager winning anything
2nd time you've said that and it's still wrong. Samaras had two excellent chances, one in the first half which he put wide and one in the 2nd which produced a fine save from McGregor. He also had a decent half chance in the 2nd half when he miscued a half volley. McGeady had 2 excellent chances in the 2nd half, blazing one over the bar and pulling the other wide of the goal. Robson hit the bar with a header and made a horlicks of an admittedly difficult volley. Fortune had a goal disallowed. McDonald scored from his one chance. I make that about eight decent or half decent chances, from which we got one goal. Rangers had one chance, one goal. Poor finishing and poor defending cost Celtic the extra 2 points. What's worrying is that this was against a poor Rangers team, playing poorly, without 2 or 3 of their most influential players, at Celtic Park. The Hoops will never have a better chance of winning an Old Firm match and it didn't happen.

The Spurs man talks some nonsense and reads the Daily Record as well. Sums him up.

Evil Genius

Eh?  ???

Why on earth would I be "proud" of a dreadful tackle [sic] committed by a player in a match between two teams towards whom I haven't the slightest affiliation?

Oh, I get it. Lafferty also plays for NI, that must be it. Well I have news for you, if he attempted the same whilst in a green shirt, I would have no hesitation in condemning it, either. And whilst we're on the subject, more than one or two NI fans who also support Rangers have commented recently on Lafferty becoming as much a liability for them (Rangers) as an asset, in the way things seem to have gone to his head since arriving at Ibrox.

I personally hope Walter Smith (someone I actually admire for being an "old school" manager) chews his bollox off, in order to get him back on track, otherwise a potentially outstanding NI No.9 will fail to fulfil that potential.

P.S. For the record, I don't understand why Fortune's effort was disallowed, either, other than that referees habitually seem to "play safe" these days, by ruling out any effort where the striker is within two yards of a flailing goalie.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

wallyman

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 04, 2010, 10:48:29 PM

I personally hope Walter Smith (someone I actually admire for being an "old school" manager) chews his bollox off, in order to get him back on track, otherwise a potentially outstanding NI No.9 will fail to fulfil that potential.

:D :D :D :D :D

saffron sam2

For the record, I don't understand why Fortune's effort was disallowed, either, other than that referees habitually seem to "play safe" these days, by ruling out any effort where the striker is within two yards of a flailing goalie.

I like when we agree. It means there's a possibility you'd survive in the real world.

Feck, twice in one post. You're doomed, man.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Evil Genius

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 04, 2010, 11:18:09 PM
For the record, I don't understand why Fortune's effort was disallowed, either, other than that referees habitually seem to "play safe" these days, by ruling out any effort where the striker is within two yards of a flailing goalie.

I like when we agree. It means there's a possibility you'd survive in the real world.
I suspect I may have managed to "survive" in this world rather longer than you have to date, but thanks anyway for the reassurance... ;)

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 04, 2010, 11:18:09 PM

Feck, twice in one post. You're doomed, man.
I've read this a couple of times and I'm still not sure what you mean.  ???

P.S. I'm still waiting for you to explain why you think I might be "proud" of Lafferty's shocker of a tackle in an Old Firm game... ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

lfdown2

could we not turn this thread in to this tit for tat shite?!?

bennydorano

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 04, 2010, 09:49:58 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 04, 2010, 09:23:32 AM
I am not making any case for Strachan, though you have to admit he did win three titles and gave us some great European occasions.

It is my view that Celtic are in a worse place now than this time last year and I don't see any signs that Mowbray is the man to turn things around.
strachan was also responsible for gifting away two titles and while a couple of great years and last 16 in CL were fantastic - the alternative seasons where Celtic were a joke and beaten out the gate even the achievements up.

Martin O'Neill lost at least one if not two league titles in last day fiascos. 

T Fearon

Comparing O'Neill (who had Larsson and comparatively vast sums of money to spend) with Strachan and Mowbray is unfair, although he is without doubt the most astute manager of the three,

Meanwhile it looks like we're bringing in the superstar aka Dave Kitson ::)

trileacman

:D :D You had me up to this point. Good post, this aside, though.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014