Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Hurler on the Bitch

I was having a nosey on the BBC iplayer at the Celtic Hamilton game and must say that the empty spaces at Parkhead are a bit 'glaring' to say the least - Boxing Day type fixture and all that. The 36,000 attendance is big compared to what Celtic were getting 20 years ago, but compared to the O'Neill era it is a bit in your face.This seems to be an ongoing thing this season - is it the recession? 

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on December 30, 2009, 11:03:19 PM
I was having a nosey on the BBC iplayer at the Celtic Hamilton game and must say that the empty spaces at Parkhead are a bit 'glaring' to say the least - Boxing Day type fixture and all that. The 36,000 attendance is big compared to what Celtic were getting 20 years ago, but compared to the O'Neill era it is a bit in your face.This seems to be an ongoing thing this season - is it the recession? 

Noticed that myself. But you have to take into account the large numbers of supporters that come over from Ireland, and as it was Boxing day, would have been hard and expensive to travel over.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Just got ticket sorted for Sunday  ;D, only feckin problem is that it's a 4am start time!
Tbc....

Evil Genius

Quote from: T Fearon on December 18, 2009, 10:26:08 AM
Happy enough with last night. All Mc Ginn needs to do is find a more consistent final pass (though his pass to set up Fortune's second goal was brilliant) and a more explosive shot, and he has the makings of a Celtic legend
Not just Celtic but also Norn Iron! Great to see the wee man is settling in so well for both his teams:

McGinn's friends become his foes

Monday, 28 December 2009

Niall McGinn will put his friendship with the Rangers players in the Northern Ireland squad aside for 90 minutes during next week's Old Firm game at Parkhead.

The Celtic wide-man, who scored the second in the 2-0 win over Hamilton on Saturday after coming on as a second-half substitute, mixes with Ibrox trio Steven Davis, Kyle Lafferty and Andy Little while on international duty.

The former Derry City player is keen to meet up with his fellow Irishmen on January 3 — but will be more focused on the job in hand if he gets the nod from Hoops boss Tony Mowbray.

"When I am on international duty I have a bit of craic with Steven, Kyle and Andy and I have shared a room with Andy before," the 22-year-old said.

"They are all good lads and there is a lot of respect there.

"But come Old Firm day there are no friends for the duration of the match, we will all be focused on the game.

"It was crazy seeing Andy make his first start for Rangers in the last Old Firm game at Ibrox, although he got an injury early on and had to come off which was a shame.

"I was left out of the squad and we had to sit in the front row of the top tier of the Broomloan Road stand with the Celtic supporters.

"It was great to be among the fans but obviously I wanted to be on the pitch.

"The game ended 2-1 to Rangers so hopefully I can get my chance this time to make amends.

"I watched 10 minutes of Rangers' win over Hibs and obviously their confidence is high and they are scoring goals.

"I just hope I get the chance to play against them next week," he added.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/mcginnrsquos-friends-become-his-foes-14613812.html#ixzz0bHUpUZUX
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

T Fearon

Maybe his popularity with the blue nosed Windsor hordes will diminish if he finds the net on a consistent basis against Rangers and shows in his celebrations what this means to the community that nurtured him

Myles Na G.

Quote from: T Fearon on December 31, 2009, 05:59:38 PM
Maybe his popularity with the blue nosed Windsor hordes will diminish if he finds the net on a consistent basis against Rangers and shows in his celebrations what this means to the community that nurtured him
And will you celebrate if someone you regard as a traitor - your term - scores against Rangers? The dilemmas of being a bigot, eh Tone?

T Fearon

I have already met young Mc Ginn and found him to be polite, courteous and non conceited. I was privileged to be at Celtic Park to witness his first ever goal for Celtic a couple of months ago,and I wish him all the best in his football career. I believe he has made the wrong choice in terms of his international affiliation but I respect this. If he or anyone else scores against Rangers I will be doing cartwheels

reddgnhand

Quote from: T Fearon on January 01, 2010, 10:44:21 AM
I have already met young Mc Ginn and found him to be polite, courteous and non conceited. I was privileged to be at Celtic Park to witness his first ever goal for Celtic a couple of months ago,and I wish him all the best in his football career. I believe he has made the wrong choice in terms of his international affiliation but I respect this. If he or anyone else scores against Rangers I will be doing cartwheels

Stick to Spurs you clown.

Myles Na G.

By calling him, and any other Catholic / nationalist who chooses to play for NI, a traitor?  :o

Evil Genius

Maybe his popularity with the blue nosed Windsor hordes will diminish if he finds the net on a consistent basis against Rangers
Oh, I dunno. Ivan Sproule's reputation at Windsor didn't suffer when he scored a (winning) hattrick for a team in green and white against Rangers a while back.
and shows in his celebrations what this means to the community that nurtured him
And whatever "celebrations" (Rangers fan) Ivan did or didn't exhibit at the time, I'm sure his own Hibees fans were happy enough!

Anyhow, things have changed dramatically since you were an NI fan. Wee Niall is well on his way towards legendary status amongst NI fans, many of whom take extra pride in the fact that despite coming from a Donaghmore GAC/Derry City/Glasgow Celtic background, he chose us and performs with evident pride and emotion.

"Come on without, come on within, you ain't seen nothing like Wee Niall McGinn!"

P.S. Does Niall have his own song at Parkhead yet? Or do they just adapt one from another player, such as these?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-xRj0jf3A4

"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 01, 2010, 01:16:47 PM
By calling him, and any other Catholic / nationalist who chooses to play for NI, a traitor?  :o
Come, come, Myles. You must know by now that there is no room for logic, consistency or integrity in "Fearonworld"... ::)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

nifan

QuoteWee Niall is well on his way towards legendary status amongst NI fans

Calm down a wee bit EG :P That may be putting it a wee bit strong

charlieTully

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on December 31, 2009, 01:22:52 PM
Just got ticket sorted for Sunday  ;D, only feckin problem is that it's a 4am start time!

no 7.30 sailing, piss take by stena, pick up at 3.45am. nightmare,

longrunsthefox

No, you don't respect his decision. Neither do I by the way but I am not going to pretend I do. Do you enagage your brain at all before you post these sort of messages?

under the bar

QuoteWee Niall is well on his way towards legendary status amongst NI fans

Not difficult since they highly rate Kyle Lafferty