62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Quote from: slow corner back on November 02, 2009, 09:57:40 PM
Quote from: Main Street on November 02, 2009, 08:17:22 PM
Why would you seem that Minder?

Because he couldn't keep west brom up in the EPL, he is one of football's losers?
Ignore him Main street he is just sore because liverpool are currently showing the same form as west brom last year, six losses out of seven currently  :D
So this thread is a sort of monday morning therapy, a place where grumps can gain temporary release after their team has lost (again)? or maybe their partner has berated them again about their lack of ability to provide a minimum level of satisfaction?

Doogie Browser

Some papers talking up the possibility of trouble tonight, apparently Hamburg have close connections to Rangers and their fans are intent on trouble.  Hope it passes off incident free and Celtic can sneak the result.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Clown on November 02, 2009, 03:38:31 PM
no - its much the same ranjers team as when gs lead celtic played them, they have prob improved with mendes and boughera if anything.

strachan should have won far more in scotland given how poor rangers were, and he had the title sewn up only to throw it away, and even as bad as Celtic are in europe this year, Mowbray has not displayed the complete lack of tactical nous that gs did when he made that complete mess against artmedia bratislava!

I see that gs has even managed to get a reasonably decent and currently winning middlesborough team to record a loss in his first game as manager too over the weekend. God help those poor boro fans !

3 out of 4 league titles is a good achievement. as well as that i think its a disgrace that your putting BOTH champions league last 16 qualifications down to luck. how bitter are some of u against strachan??
perhaps you prefer the embarrassments we've suffered in europe so far this season, beacuase we aren't managed by a man who is sarcastic to the press and never played for or supported celtic

the rangers team we beat to the title got to the final of the uefa cup knocking out some pretty decent teams along the way in strachans 3rd year - they mite hav used negative tactics but this shows that they were pretty tough to beat.

rangers lost carlos cuellar, alan hutton 7 barry ferguson from that team and are undoubtedly weaker now in my opinion - and still wiped the floor with celtic a few weeks ago - a celtic side that if you listen to the manager from the start of june was going to play a creative brand of free-flowing football.
another trophy thrown away last midweek by Mowbrays men, you will probably argue that it isn't his team yet but he had all summer to bring in his own players and the jury is still very much out on every one of his signings so far.

Mowbray is a good man and i hope he can turn it around but i dont think he was ever good enough to manage Celtic
[/quote]
ferguson and hutton were hardly regulars due inj etc and are no loss to rangers.
anyhow apart from that lets concentrate on Celtic.
did you not see the ineptitude of strategy and tactics from strachan. Yes a centre half that could pass and not defend, midfielders that could defend but not pass or shoot , strikers that couldnt  or wouldnt shoot ?
throwing away a league title, not being able to score against the lowest teams - Celtics perf on cl leage was based on home record and the reputation of Fortress Celtic park built up by MON - if teams had really had a go then the floodgates would have opened, as they have now as teams are no longer afraid - thanks to gs and his record !
artmedia bratislava sticks out as the morst managerial perf I have ever witnessed by any manager anywhere to be honest!
Lets judge Mowbray and his record once he gets his own 'Team' playing and not just a couple of players bought in !
Its not that I didnt like strachan, I found him funny and great craic,  I dont even care that its not free flowing soccer - as mons team rarely played attractive stuff !

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Doogie Browser on November 05, 2009, 11:02:44 AM
Some papers talking up the possibility of trouble tonight, apparently Hamburg have close connections to Rangers and their fans are intent on trouble.  Hope it passes off incident free and Celtic can sneak the result.

Correct Hamburg have strong ties with the Huns as a response/result of Celtics good ties with the leftist and anti-facist team St. Pauli.
Hamburg have had to give St Pauli a section of thte stand beside the Celtic end to cater for their fans who were planning to attend the match in the Celtic end.
Hopefully there will be no trouble though and just a Celtic 3-1 victory.

Hail hail
Tbc....

charlieTully

huns fans rioting again last night in Romania, scum give us all a bad name. papers just trying to tar hoops fans with the same brush. should be some craic in hamburg with st Paulie fans. shebeen will be giving it a rattle tonight.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: charlieTully on November 05, 2009, 01:15:02 PM

huns fans rioting again last night in Romania, scum give us all a bad name. papers just trying to tar hoops fans with the same brush. should be some craic in hamburg with st Paulie fans. shebeen will be giving it a rattle tonight.
from what I am hearing there is no link between rangers and hamburg , plus while the two clubs hamburg/st pauli are in the same town, there is no actual animosity between the two apart from a friendly rivalry and is apparantly is normal for one club to support the other in whatever competition they are in !!!!

Celtic fans will be well looked after by hamburg and the st pauli guys are to bring Celtic fans to their pubs (though I hear this is in the rougher parts of town near the docklands!!)

the german police are no slouches either and there wont be too much trouble other than drunkeness !

as for rangers fans causing more trouble - well thats the usual !

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Europa League
Hamburg v  Celtic 1800

Venue: HSH Nordbank Arena Date: Thursday, 5 November 2009 Kick-off: 1800 GMT Coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio Scotland and ESPN

Celtic travel to Hamburg in the Europa League without injured midfielders Shaun Maloney and Scott Brown.
Maloney is suffering from tendonitis in the heel, while Brown is still resting a troublesome ankle problem.
With keeper Artur Boruc recovering from a minor knee operation, Lukasz Zaluska will continue to wear the gloves.

Chinese midfielder Zheng Zhi is not eligible to play for the visitors since he was signed after the registration deadline for the group phase.

Striker Marc-Antoine Fortune made a comeback from injury at the weekend, playing the final 25 minutes against Kilmarnock, and may be considered for a starting place.

Captain Stephen McManus could step back into central defence, having served a domestic suspension at the weekend.

Hamburg, who won 1-0 at Celtic Park a fortnight ago, have a long injury list.
First choice strikers Paolo Guerrero and Mladen Petric are sidelined, while Alex Silva, Collin Benjamin, Miroslav Stepanek and Bastian Reinhardt are also long-term casualties.

The home side sit on six points after three games, while Celtic are bottom of the four-team section, having amassed just a solitary point.

Tbc....

Main Street

TV3e  are not showing it.
Probably will be available online if espn are broadcasting it.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 05, 2009, 01:52:48 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on November 05, 2009, 01:15:02 PM

from what I am hearing there is no link between rangers and hamburg , plus while the two clubs hamburg/st pauli are in the same town, there is no actual animosity between the two apart from a friendly rivalry and is apparantly is normal for one club to support the other in whatever competition they are in !!!!

Celtic fans will be well looked after by hamburg and the st pauli guys are to bring Celtic fans to their pubs (though I hear this is in the rougher parts of town near the docklands!!)

the german police are no slouches either and there wont be too much trouble other than drunkeness !

as for rangers fans causing more trouble - well thats the usual !

LB you've gotten this wrong completely wrong.
There is a massive rivalry between both sets of supporters.
For a start ones neo-Nazi and the other are anti-facist. They may play in different leagues but have a great dislike of each other.

As for the links with the Huns (sorry its wiki, but it was quick): 

Rivals and affinities
HSV shares a cross-town rivalry with FC St. Pauli and to the other big club of northern Germany: Werder Bremen.[citation needed] HSV have an affinity with Scottish Club Rangers. HSV fans unfurl their club logo at Rangers away European matches. The link between Rangers and Hamburg dates back to the early 1970s when the Hamburg Rangers Supporters Club was set up by Rangers fans who had relocated to the Hamburg-area. The links were further strengthened when Rangers signed Jörg Albertz from Hamburg, but this was not the start of it. A further point which reinforces the affinity is the link between St Pauli and Celtic, main rivals of HSV and Rangers, respectively.[citation needed] HSV have a friendship bond with Hannover 96, due to both being known as HSV. Their meetings involve the visitors club song to be played, and fans chanting HSV from each end of the stadium.

And the "Jolly Roger is close to the Rieperbahn.
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

fair enough if I am wrong but what you have said is the complete opposite of what some of my Geordie based Celtic friends are telling me - they have been over to St Pauli games in the past (not always when they play Celtic) and are going again today !

So there ya go !
I'm sure some of both is bound to be true !  :D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 05, 2009, 02:42:44 PM
fair enough if I am wrong but what you have said is the complete opposite of what some of my Geordie based Celtic friends are telling me - they have been over to St Pauli games in the past (not always when they play Celtic) and are going again today !

So there ya go !
I'm sure some of both is bound to be true !  :D

I've been over a few times myself for league matches involviing St Pauli, (even had my Stag do over there!) I would know Henke and a few of the boys who run the supporters club over there and they have no time for Hamburg at all.
Sure those Geordies don't even know if their English or Scottish!  ;)
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

anportmorforjfc

Good man GDA

Promising stuff so far?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Haepol one up at Vienna, if they win and we lose we're out of contention!   :'(
Tbc....

Clown

steady enough performance so far

i think we were out of europe before tonight, but a few good results/performances will do to get the confidence back up
hope we can get a result here

i see the hamburg fans had a massive red white and blue banner with no surrender on it before kick off