?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

slow corner back

gawa316

Norf Tyrone

Here is that goal on youtube with a slightly sharper image.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1y7xK8LK-o

And the wan v Falkirk in midweek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dq65kiDHfE
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

clarshack

great goals by Paddy. would be nice if he would skin 5 huns as well   ;)

ONeill

Really shit defending, but at the same time, the much-heralded McGeady et al aren't doing it. Nice to watch.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: ONeill on September 27, 2009, 12:37:25 AM
Really shit defending, but at the same time, the much-heralded McGeady et al aren't doing it. Nice to watch.

Why do you bother posting on this thread?

Tbc....

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on September 27, 2009, 01:48:16 AM

It's a valid point ONeill has made. Defending was poor to let him in but still a good goal. And the other so-called big names of the Celtic team aren't producing the goods so good to see McCourt doing it.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 26, 2009, 11:22:00 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 26, 2009, 01:59:00 PM

They're shit. Great goal all the same.

He must have run 45 yrds there and no one even challenged him at all.

Fcuk me there's hope for me yet. At least he would not have went passed me without at least getting a swipe at him.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on September 27, 2009, 09:24:23 AM

It's a valid point ONeill has made. Defending was poor to let him in but still a good goal. And the other so-called big names of the Celtic team aren't producing the goods so good to see McCourt doing it.

Valid point on the defending, but his comments on McGeady is incorrect, Aidan has played consistantly well this season so far, infact he is improving, Paddy has had two good games (I hope for many more), infact after the first 20 mins of this match he became quite quiet and was later subsitiuted, Mowbrey has already passed comment on McCourt lack of stamina and this is having a big impact on his breaking into the first eleven.
Tbc....

Main Street

Hardly worth the bother to get involved with a WUM who desperately seek attention, one who I suppose is understandably fed up with his life in the insignificant shadows.

McGeady is playing consistently well for Celtic and playing better for Ireland.

Paddy, when he turns it on, looks class.

stibhan

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on September 27, 2009, 11:50:50 AM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on September 27, 2009, 09:24:23 AM

Valid point on the defending, but his comments on McGeady is incorrect, Aidan has played consistantly well this season so far, infact he is improving, Paddy has had two good games (I hope for many more), infact after the first 20 mins of this match he became quite quiet and was later subsitiuted, Mowbrey has already passed comment on McCourt lack of stamina and this is having a big impact on his breaking into the first eleven.

The goal was scored after the 20th minute, he wasn't that quite until the 2nd half when Tom Brighton was brought on to mark him and did a decent job. Having his marker substituted tells the story. Aiden and Paddy are my two favourite players and both are capable of doing things on their day but McGeady would never score that goal yesterday, just as McCourt would never have the pace of Aiden.

nifan

Really glad to see McCourt do well, though from the points of a few earlier it seems his lack of fitness/stamina is still telling it seemed.
This has always been a problem for him - he was known for his ability AND his lack of fitness round derry even before he went off to rochdale back in the day.

Archie Mitchell

How can fitness be a problem for a professional footballer?

Unless some people have it and some don't. He may be fit, but not enough to play for 90 minutes week in week out.

Seems like his technical ability has got him to where he's at now. No doubt, if he was playing 20 years ago it wouldn't have been a bother to him.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8277582.stm

McCourt working hard to improve 

Celtic winger Paddy McCourt says fans have yet to see the best of him as he continues to work on his game.

After arriving from Derry City last year he had struggled to break into the team, but in two starts over the last week he has scored two fantastic goals.

"There's no way I'm near the finished article," the Northern Irishman told BBC Radio Scotland.

"I'll still get fitter and I'll still get better, but at the minute it's nice to get a few starts and some goals."

Previous Celtic manager Gordon Strachan signed the 25-year-old from League of Ireland outfit Derry City June last year.

Despite being hailed as an outstanding talent, McCourt's appearances in his first season were limited to cameo roles in the closing stages of matches.

But, under new boss Tony Mowbray, the winger started the last two games against Falkirk and St Mirren, scoring impressive goals each time.

"It's the first time I've played two games in a week for a long time and I was feeling it towards the end. But it's nice to get a couple of goals." said McCourt.

"It's brilliant just to be involved at this club. It's something I've always dreamed of doing."

McCourt admits that it has taken him a full year to condition himself to the fitness levels required at the Scottish Premier League side.

"When I came from Derry City I was nowhere near ready to play here. I was lucky that my ability was getting me through games in the League of Ireland," he said.

"The jump in terms of fitness was massive for me and it took my body a while to come to terms with it.

"Luckily this year I've been able to get a full pre-season and do every day at training without any set-backs.

As well as improved fitness he says he still has to work on aspects of his game.

"Nowadays wingers have to track back as well as create, and that's not a natural part of my game," he said.

"I enjoy the attacking side of the game and trying to beat players but I need to work on my defensive side.

"If I can blend the two together hopefully I can be a regular in the side.

"Aiden McGeady and Shaun Maloney are the first-choice wingers at the minute.

"But it's a challenge to get in the side with those two fantastic players in front of me.

"All I can do is do my best when I get the chance and hopefully score a few goals."

Tbc....