Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

I was on Ryanair's website there and there are flights available on Thurs 1st October for the Rapid Vienna game and back on Fri 2nd for £20 return including taxes :-*. I think i'll have some of that.

Celtic's game against Hibs should be a good one (they usually are) and with Hibs having won their opening two games too they will fancy themselves at home but with Celtic's games in Europe (should be a bit sharper) and extra quality i expect a 2-1 for the hoops ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: ONeill on August 30, 2009, 02:33:23 PM
McGeady. Tut tut.
jeez you come over here to keep whinging - talk about being bitter and ingracious in victory !

at least there was a leg thrust in for mcgeady to dive over (I didnt see the game and only saw the video of the 'dive' - I hope mowbray fines him for doing it - though his defence was that he could have been avoiding the leg and wasnt looking for the free kick - but mowbray wont be fooled and hope he acts accordingly).
However it was nothing like eduardos dive with clear daylight between him and boruc with no thrusting limbs coming near him to jump /dive over.

also glass houses - think eboue was caught diving for arsenal v man u !
no comment eh !

lynchbhoy

Celtic did well to grind out the result by all accounts. Samaras scored a good goal and hit the crossbar with another. Hear that maloney had another stinker.
Good to see Boruc in top form again after a dip this past one or two years !
Hibs were going well at the start of this season with two wins, so to beat them with ten men for a lot of the game was good going !
a team Celtic have struggled against recently too !

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

LB good performance by the hoops, Artur was outstanding, defense did what was needed, Aidan was on form again (despite getting sent off for getting out of the way of a tackle) Maloney I thought played ok, Brown looked like a headless chicken running round with the ball and not knowing what to do with it. Samaras (goal aside) played like a donkey, big awkward and slow, guilty of missing a sitter, Skippy - was he playing?  ::)
Tbc....

Main Street

Good news for  Glenn Loovens, the Dutch coach has been impressed enough

'Celtic defender Glenn Loovens has been handed his first call-up by Holland for their upcoming fixtures against Japan and Scotland.'

clarshack

i wasnt sure about loovens initially but he has played well so far this season and deserves his call up.

lynchbhoy

Good news for Glen.
I liked the look of him from day one (in complete contrast to Caldwell) as he plays like a centre half.
GS didnt use him as much as he could have and this season when a starting centre half, he has been outstanding imo.

Am surprised that Donati is going to Bari. How much for?

Mowbray was playing him in central midfield and I thought if he wasnt in Mowbrays plans he wouldnt have featured nearly as much.
If anything , if a midfielder was to leave I'd have thought it was crosas given his lack of involvement so fay.
I lik ehim and he is prob abetter passer than Donati (who could see wonderful through balls but just wasnt able to get them just past the last man).

Main Street

Looks like Donati's mind was set fast for some time, on getting back to Italy, inspired by experience with Strachan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8225760.stm

Doesn't say how much but Mowbray won't get his paws on it.
He could do well in the Serie A.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Heard it was 1.5 million.

Think we'll see a new face before tomorrow evening 5.30pm.
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 31, 2009, 02:50:38 PM
Heard it was 1.5 million.

Think we'll see a new face before tomorrow evening 5.30pm.

well hope its an international striker (not a scottish , aussie or norn iron mickey mouse one -but a real one!)
if not a striker then a centre half to pair with Loovens (with O'Dea still learning and as backup) !

seanf

saffron sam2

No sympathy for McGeady. Referee was correct.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet