Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Dannymcfella

How many of the 'supporters' of the EPL sides that are on here slabbering about how rubbish etc Celtic are have actually watched them more than the very odd time? I ask this because we were arguing about it the other night after training when a few of the lads were saying Celtic were shit and would get relegated from the EPL when I asked the same question and one of the guys actually said he hadn't seen them play in a few years, yet was fit to argue they are shit!! The others all seen them one or twice, mainly Celtic Rangers games (when is the last time you seen a good derby match anywhere in the world, very rare), hardly the basis to mke an assumption on the team as a hole.

Also how many of you 'fans' of EPL sides regularly attend matches and dont just check the score on teletext??

Orior

Took this picture on holiday in Croatia.....

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Dannymcfella

Quote from: T Fearon on August 22, 2009, 06:29:43 PM
Reporting from central Glasgow at 18.25.

Celtic 5 St Johnstone 2

Routine 3 points, though once again Caldwell gifted a goal and the scorer Samuel caused a few problems for the Celtic back four and has been Jody Morris forced a second St Johnstone goal in the second half.

Plus points all 5 Celtic goals were superbly created and executed, great to see Fortune breaking his duck and MALONEY was on fire scoring two and creating mayhem all afternoon. Even Donati looked good.

Niall Mc Ginn alighted from team bus and I thought Mowbray could have used him as a sub at least against today's opposition, but he didn't even make the bench.

Three points and a win to pressurise the Huns tomorrow

Too many shandies :D

Main Street

Mobray has a lot of faith in Fortuné coming good for Celtic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Main Street on August 23, 2009, 02:30:35 PM
Mobray has a lot of faith in Fortuné coming good for Celtic

He's been chasing him for ages.

Delighted to see Fortuné scoring, could prove vital for his confidence if we're to stand any chance of beating Arsenal.
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on August 24, 2009, 04:50:38 PM
Of course that should have been Maloney, and I hadn't even downed a pint at that stage. ;D

Fortune took his goals well (though he doesn't seem to offer much else). Can he do it against better teams than St Johnstone though?

Hopefully he can Tone.
I'm hoping that his poor form so far was down to nerves and not scoring, so maybe his brace on Saturday will have him showing us his potential.
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Arsenal    v    Celtic (agg 2 - 0)

Venue: Emirates Stadium Date: Wednesday, 26 August
Kick-off: Time 1945 BST
Coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio 5 live, BBC Radio Scotland; Live on ITV1

TEAM NEWS
Arsenal will be without captain Cesc Fabregas (hamstring) for Wednesday's Champions League second-leg clash with Celtic at Emirates Stadium.

The 22-year-old Spaniard could, though, return for Saturday's Barclays Premier League trip to Manchester United.

Czech winger Tomas Rosicky (hamstring) could also be match fit by the weekend.

Striker Theo Walcott (back), goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski (knee), winger Samir Nasri (broken leg) and defender Johan Djourou (knee) are all still out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arsenal (from): Almunia, Sagna, Vermaelen, Gallas, Clichy, Song, Ramsey, Denilson, Diaby, Bendtner, Eduardo, Mannone, Van Persie, Eboue, Arshavin, Wilshere, Gibbs, Silvestre, Merida.

Celtic: tbc

Here's hoping that Panathinaikos and Sporting Lisbon both win, otherwise the Huns get into pot two!!  :o
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on August 25, 2009, 04:33:11 PM
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/breaking-news/sport/soccer/celtic-interested-in-koreas-ki-sungyong-14467215.html

Anyone heard of this lad? Hope its not just a ploy to raise the club's profile in the Far East?

Never heard of him, sure last week weren't we being mentioned in relation to buying an Indian player!!  :D
Tbc....

Main Street

Looks like Arsenal are more concerned with the weekend game.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Main Street on August 25, 2009, 06:15:30 PM
Looks like Arsenal are more concerned with the weekend game.

What because Fabregas is left out of the squad?
Really do hope that the arse do underestimate us as it's possibily the only way we might win!  ;)
Tbc....

Main Street

The Carling cup team perhaps?

There is no danger of Wenger being complacent,
unlike Souness who was doing cartwheels after Blackburn managed a score draw at CP.

Psychologically, they have this tie won and Man U on Saturday, so you never know if a bit of complacency could sink into a few of the players.

I thought Loovens was suspended but its n'Guemo.
Scott Brown will be brought back in to middle,

Main Street

Quote from: T Fearon on August 26, 2009, 11:47:32 AM
I have a strangely god feeling about this game from a Celtic perspective.
I thought you had those God feelings on a regular regular basis Tony.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Landry will be a bit of a loss (his form so far has been very good), can see Mogga actually trying an attacking formation with possibily Fortuné and Skippy starting up front and Aidaniho and Shaun Maloney out on either wing.
Big question is will Crosas get a game?
Tbc....

lfdown2

Just on til the tube...next stop holloway rd

hoping for an early goal to make it at least interesting, as always confidence building....the pains of being a down man and hoops fan!!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Off to the pub now to watch the Hoops hopefully make history!

Come on the Celts...................... Hail Hail.
Tbc....