Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

nifan

I see McGinn was singled out for praise after the NI game. Any chance of him seeing the first team squad at all?

fred the red

Quote from: nifan on August 13, 2009, 03:37:16 AM
I see McGinn was singled out for praise after the NI game. Any chance of him seeing the first team squad at all?

bit of a step up from norn iron team to Celtiics NIFAN

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: fred the red on August 13, 2009, 09:17:31 AM

;D

He will get a few matches for the first team before Christmas, maybe in the league cup or as a sub against lesser SPL teams, but Mowbray will want his strongest team out for the next few months. I believe McGinn (whilst choosing the wrong International team) has a bright future at Celtic.
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

If anyone is interested, got a call from a Belfast CFC fella, a few of thte clubs are chartering a flight to London for the 2nd leg against Arsenal, atm it's approx £200 for flights and all transport, match ticket will be extra but guarenteed (pricey I know) if anyone is interested PM me.
Tbc....

the colonel

Just been upto ticket office, they are making a right hash of ticket allocations for Tuesday. Place is bunged, don't know if they are coming or going. Tickets now on general sale
the difference between success and failure is energy

nifan

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 14, 2009, 02:35:18 AM
I believe McGinn (whilst choosing the wrong International team)

The boy made the right choice:)

clarshack

Quote from: nifan on August 14, 2009, 03:19:56 PM

did he get any abuse from the crowd the other night?

Evil Genius

Quote from: clarshack on August 14, 2009, 03:38:16 PM
Quote from: nifan on August 14, 2009, 03:19:56 PM

did he get any abuse from the crowd the other night?
None whatever. On the contrary, he received loud encouragement and applause from the North Stand* virtually from the moment he came on.

Quite honestly, if Nigel continues to give him his chance and he continues to take it like he has, I'm sure he'll become a firm fans' favourite, just like eg Sammy "Big Balls" Clingan!  :)

For myself, I've not seen very much of him and McCourt, but whilst Paddy seems to have greater natural talent, I have a feeling that Niall's determination and drive could see him develop over time into the pick of the two.

* - The North Stand runs along the wing which Niall was playing down.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

reddgnhand

Quote from: fred the red on August 13, 2009, 09:17:31 AM

;D

He will get a few matches for the first team before Christmas, maybe in the league cup or as a sub against lesser SPL teams, but Mowbray will want his strongest team out for the next few months. I believe McGinn (whilst choosing the wrong International team) has a bright future at Celtic.

He was back in town at the weekend seen him outside Hagans bar in the early hours. Sober had the car with him.

The Watcher Pat

I hope they play him against Arsenal on Tues....Would be good for his development chasing after a ball for 90 mins if Cesa et al start pinging it about midfield.....LoL

He will do more running than he ever did in his life if Aresnal get  it right up there....lol
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

illdecide

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on August 15, 2009, 07:45:00 AM
I hope they play him against Arsenal on Tues....Would be good for his development chasing after a ball for 90 mins if Cesa et al start pinging it about midfield.....LoL

He will do more running than he ever did in his life if Aresnal get  it right up there....lol

I hope Arsenal spread the ball around the way Wolfe Tones do it...lol :P :D :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Took of the BBC web site.

Celtic are seeking a new right-back with Andreas Hinkel almost certain to join Hull City in a £1.5m transfer - but after the Champions League tie with Arsenal. (Daily Record)

Hull have put in a £3m offer for Celtic right-back Andreas Hinkel, but the Glasgow club will only let the German go for £4m. (The Sun)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: illdecide on August 15, 2009, 11:03:09 AM
Took of the BBC web site.

Celtic are seeking a new right-back with Andreas Hinkel almost certain to join Hull City in a £1.5m transfer - but after the Champions League tie with Arsenal. (Daily Record)

Hull have put in a £3m offer for Celtic right-back Andreas Hinkel, but the Glasgow club will only let the German go for £4m. (The Sun)

Massive difference in prices there, would take 4 million for him alright.
Lawell has come out and said that there may be more signings!

Starting to get excited about the Aberdeen match later, then off to watch the Reds (hopefully) "do" Coleraine.

Hail Hail
Tbc....

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: illdecide on August 15, 2009, 09:54:02 AM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on August 15, 2009, 07:45:00 AM

I hope Arsenal spread the ball around the way Wolfe Tones do it...lol :P :D :D :D

Whats the wolfe tones got to do with it? I'm not from the Cash.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Main Street

What a goal by McGeady, his second of the day.

Goal of the season so far.