Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Whats this about Lennon going to Stockport? Think he'd be better off staying at Celtic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on July 07, 2009, 02:00:20 PM
Whats this about Lennon going to Stockport? Think he'd be better off staying at Celtic

Heard that today, could be a decent move for him, would get good experience, poss. not much job security if he has a poor start though.
Tbc....

lfdown2

Think if he is serious about getting into first team management its something he has to do!

nifan

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: nifan on July 07, 2009, 03:52:11 PM
Looks like fortune could be on his way, along with Nguemo on loan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8130972.stm

And looks like he's taken less pay to go to the Hoops, if true that is something I respect alot.
Tbc....

Main Street

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 07, 2009, 05:28:27 PM

And looks like he's taken less pay to go to the Hoops, if true that is something I respect alot.

Looks like there is a thin line between respect and disrespect.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Main Street on July 07, 2009, 05:31:10 PM

Can't understand why he has taken so long to sign - but he's there now, so lets see what all the fuss has been about (hope to fcuk he's worth it!)  ;)
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 08, 2009, 09:29:03 AM
Quote from: Main Street on July 07, 2009, 05:31:10 PM

Can't understand why he has taken so long to sign - but he's there now, so lets see what all the fuss has been about (hope to fcuk he's worth it!)  ;)
maybe he is just unlike other soccer players and is a bit of a thinker.
I mean if he took his time and weighed up the options of
1.more money by going to su standard epl team
or
2. take a hit in the wage department but go to a world known club in a hard tackling fast yet reasonably easy league where you can bump up your your scoring stats if you are any good and a large proportion of the planet will love you

a lot of people usually just take the easy route of the money and option 1.
That the guy selected Celtic and obv has faith in Mowbray speaks volumes to me, the player and Mowbray went up in terms of my respect for them both!

But lets hope he is good now !

illdecide

Well he def took his time over the deal alright and obviously weighed up all his options, if he was a hungry hoor he would have signed for one off the premiership teams weeks ago but he choose Celtic (has he actually signed yet?). At the end of the day he has took a chance going to Scotland which could backfire on him or it could earn him a mega bucks move in a few years if he knocks the goals in and I'd say thats his intention...score goals, play well and a top premiership team will buy him and he'll be a big earner...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

nifan

Illdecide - hes already 28, so id say a few years and he may be too old for a real big move to a top prem club.

illdecide

Quote from: nifan on July 08, 2009, 11:13:02 AM
Illdecide - hes already 28, so id say a few years and he may be too old for a real big move to a top prem club.

Jasus i thought he was only 23...dunno where i picked that up :-[
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

I think this is very encouraging and shows we have the ability to attract players ahead of some of the dross in the EPL with their big cheque books, but obviously Fortune's past relationship with Mowbray has counted for a lot here.

Particularly encouraging that we can go and spend £4m on a player when the Huns still have the For Sale signs up ;D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

Gold

what is the attraction of supporting a soccer team from a different land that plays in a league where the only challenge comes from the same team year in, year out?

do you feel you have an affinity with japanese or dutch (etc) mercenaries who play for celtic?

how anyone can seriously support any soccer team in another land is beyond me

i have friends who say "come on boys" etc when Liverpool etc are playing --i have never seen the attraction
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

thewingedlady

Quote from: Gold on July 08, 2009, 02:01:48 PM
what is the attraction of supporting a soccer team from a different land that plays in a league where the only challenge comes from the same team year in, year out?

do you feel you have an affinity with japanese or dutch (etc) mercenaries who play for celtic?

how anyone can seriously support any soccer team in another land is beyond me

i have friends who say "come on boys" etc when Liverpool etc are playing --i have never seen the attraction

Sometimes people fear what they do not understand  ::)

If a foreign national happened to be an Architect or a Doctor working in Scotland would he be a 'mercenary?'