?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Main Street on June 30, 2009, 03:29:04 PM
At least they are not going to China  to unearth the new Du Wei.

Always thought that was just a marketing ploy.

LB your probably right, but I'm holding out hope that we don't get Fortune and that the backroom boys have one or two surprises to unvail.
Remember we have the Polish goalie coming and probably the US goalie as well.
Mizuno, Hutchinson and McGinn to come through.

Friendly with Man City in Manchester has been announced for the 8th August.
Tbc....

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 30, 2009, 03:45:27 PM

LB your probably right, but I'm holding out hope that we don't get Fortune and that the backroom boys have one or two surprises to unvail.

I think City are allocating 6000 tickets to Celtic. Hopefully will behave better than the other half the last time they were in Manchester. Considering going over myself to see it. City also play Rangers in the mid-week previous to this game.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Think the match against rankers is at Mordor.
6,000 tickets isn't much for the Celtic travelling support, would sell that allocation to the Hoops fans living in Manchester and Liverpool!

Name: City of Manchester Stadium

Capacity: 48,500 seats
Tbc....

Archie Mitchell

Could possibly allocate more as City's pre-season friendly v AC Milan, only had 20,000 or so. Maybe if City get a few big name players, there will be a good attendance but hard to know what way it will go if they don't. Alot of City fans seem to be disappointed to be playing Celtic, as they have previously played Barca, AC Milan, Valencia etc in final pre-season friendly. Also they fact that they played Celtic last year and play Rangers in the week before this game.

Archie Mitchell

Anyone planning to go over to the City game?

Interesting debate going on over on the City forum http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=129106 The mods on here would have their work cut out on that forum.

The English have an interesting opinion on Celtic fans  :o I suspect they are expecting a similar scenario to last years Uefa Cup Final fiasco. Before this happened, alot of the City fans thought it would be great to have Rangers playing in a final in Manchester, as they had some sort of unofficial link with Rangers, that opinion fairly changed after last years events  :D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 30, 2009, 06:02:07 PM

Interesting debate going on over on the City forum http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=129106 The mods on here would have their work cut out on that forum.

The English have an interesting opinion on Celtic fans  :o I suspect they are expecting a similar scenario to last years Uefa Cup Final fiasco. Before this happened, alot of the City fans thought it would be great to have Rangers playing in a final in Manchester, as they had some sort of unofficial link with Rangers, that opinion fairly changed after last years events  :D

Archie, would be really interested in viewing that site, but you have to register, is there no way you can post the comments or even offer a link into the site?
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 30, 2009, 03:45:27 PM

I'd like to see James McCarthy sign, and am sure that if Boruc doesnt go then we would hardly sign up the Yankee keeper ?

Hopefully we sign a new striker, someone that is better than what we currently have.
I said it this time last year and unfortunately have to repeat it  - we need a LB, another centre half and one maybe two strikers.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 01, 2009, 10:24:50 AM

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 30, 2009, 06:02:07 PM

Archie, would be really interested in viewing that site, but you have to register, is there no way you can post the comments or even offer a link into the site?

It seems the thread got deleted. I wonder why.

Here's the new one. Shouldn't need to register to view it as im not a member and can read it fine. http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=129307

Rav67

Won't bother heading up to Manchester but will head to Wembley for the Spurs game if Derry aren't playing that weekend in the qualifiers, anyone else heading to Wembley? Think its Sunday the 28th July and Barca will be playing either before or after it.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

From BBC

McStay departs Celtic for Ujpest 

McStay's reserve side won their eighth successive league title this year
Celtic have announced that reserve team coach Willie McStay has left the club to take up the role as manager of Ujpest FC in Budapest, Hungary.

A former Celtic player, McStay has enjoyed success with the Celtic reserve sides, winning an eighth successive league title this year.

McStay has operated in a coaching capacity at Celtic for 15 years.

He said: "This is a great move for me at this stage of my career. I'm looking forward to the challenge."

The move is thought to be part of an international exchange programme in which Ujpest would be utilised as a feeder club for Celtic, with the Glasgow club's youth players gaining early experience in Hungary.

This is a tremendous opportunity for Willie to gain invaluable managerial experience and we wish him every success

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell
With Tony Mowbray's arrival, Celtic's reserve and youth set-up was expected to undergo a shake-up and McStay's departure will allow the new manager to make his own mark on the development of emerging talent.

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell said: "This is a tremendous opportunity for Willie to gain invaluable managerial experience and we wish him every success."

Ujpest FC chief executive Joe Borocz was in Glasgow on Tuesday to conclude the negotiations.

Borocz added: "We are looking forward to welcoming Willie to Budapest.

"We are confident that he will have a very positive impact on our team and on Hungarian football overall."

McStay, the brother of former Celtic midfielder Paul, made 65 league appearances for Celtic between 1979 and 1987 and had spells with Huddersfield Town, Notts County and Hartlepool United.

He took up a role as player-manager of Sligo Rovers from 1992 to 1994 before taking on the reserve coaching role at Celtic.

Tbc....

T Fearon

I hope a role is found for the great Danny Mc Grain, who was an integral part of the reserve set up under Mc Stay.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on July 01, 2009, 04:32:15 PM
I hope a role is found for the great Danny Mc Grain, who was an integral part of the reserve set up under Mc Stay.

Tone I'm nearly sure I read somewhere that he was going to stay involved with the Reserves and help Neil Lennon out with running them and hopefully securing a nine in a row!
Tbc....

T Fearon

Great news. Met the great man and had a photo taken at Glasgow Airport a few months ago. Humility personified (ie Danny Mc Grain, not me!)

Having a legendary presence can only help young players to develop

Main Street

Where do you keep all those photos, Tony?

reddgnhand

Quote from: T Fearon on July 01, 2009, 04:51:45 PM
Great news. Met the great man and had a photo taken at Glasgow Airport a few months ago. Humility personified (ie Danny Mc Grain, not me!)

Having a legendary presence can only help young players to develop

Did you happen to tell him you are a Spurs fan really?