Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Mowbray seemingly reported in the press at the weekend as saying that one of thte "big" name players may have to go to help fund 3 new players (can assume he has a transfer kitty of 5-7 million), was wondering who you would see the back off and why?
Tbc....

lfdown2

celtic have big name players??where are they  ;)

i would have thought with Bobo and Naka's wage gone that would have freed up a £ or 2, could see venegor and sami going maybe one of these is who he's talking about?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 23, 2009, 12:10:18 PM
Mowbray seemingly reported in the press at the weekend as saying that one of thte "big" name players may have to go to help fund 3 new players (can assume he has a transfer kitty of 5-7 million), was wondering who you would see the back off and why?
I'd say caldwell because I dont think he is good enough, BUT I dont think that Celtic and def the scottish press feel the same way.
I'd expect that JVOH and potentially Boruc are maybe on the way out.
Boruc might still command a big transfer fee and we have at least one good replacement for him to step in (the other polish keeper signed from Dundee utd), JVOH might also get a transfer fee, but half because he is too inj prone these days.
I'd also sell Killeen as Sheridan is as good if not better than him, and nakamura is going to athletico madrid.
I also think that Hartley's contract is not being renewed and he is either going to sheff utd or a greek club.
thats a lot of wages reduced!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Have the Yank and the Pole coming in between the sticks so imho the bookies choice would have to be Artur, plenty of back up and we'd still get a bit of cash for him.
Personally I hope he stays, as LB has listed above, there are plenty heading out the door this summer and so hopefully this should free up a good bit of cash.
Tbc....

T Fearon

Does anyone see any first team opportunities for Mc Court or Mc Ginn this season? Mc Court in particular must be disappointed not to have made more of an impact to date

Muzz

McCourt has a bad run of injuries so potentially he could figure more if he manages to stay fit.  With Naka going it frees up one more competition place for him.  But I would assume if everyone is fit Mowbray will play Maloney and McGeady.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on June 23, 2009, 12:49:54 PM
Does anyone see any first team opportunities for Mc Court or Mc Ginn this season? Mc Court in particular must be disappointed not to have made more of an impact to date

Tone I always saw Paddy as a squad player, Niall McGinn on the other hand hopefully may come into his own this year, but he'll have to get in line behind Koko, Hutchinson, Sheridan etc...
Tbc....

longball

McGeady out and Chris Brunt in. How much would they get for McGeady 6/7 Million? Brunt would cost 2.5 prob.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Clown

Brunt wont sign for celtic, ive seen him belting out god save the queen when playing for the occupied 6

lynchbhoy

Quote from: longball on June 23, 2009, 01:21:37 PM
McGeady out and Chris Brunt in. How much would they get for McGeady 6/7 Million? Brunt would cost 2.5 prob.
that would be a disaster straight away
brunt is rubbish
I also dont see mcginn or mccourt being any better than brunt either and just reserve team players

nifan

Brunt cost West Brom 3m and cant see them letting him go for .5m less than that.

He is a very good player - fantastic left foot shooting and crossing, and was west broms top scorer this season.

longball

I thought Brunt was excellent this season for West Brom. He was one of the players that didnt look our of place at the tp level. If TM could get him to Celtic id be over the moon.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

lfdown2

QuoteFortune scored five goals in 18 appearances for the Baggies, who finished bottom of the English Premier League.

But Grant, who moved with Mowbray from the Hawthorns to Celtic Park, was impressed by the forward's contribution, saying: "Marco is a quality player and we were very impressed by just how well he did for us last season.

"People say he didn't have a fantastic scoring record. But look at the goals from midfield after he came in.

BBC

That worries me another stricker who dosnt score goals, not what celtic need imo