Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Paddy Power is not impressed by the gravity of Adams reported comments, thank God

"It would be him (Wim) as technical director and me as manager. By saying manager, it is kind of a head coach's position really because once you have a technical director like you have in Europe, they help you with recruitment. They do the 'nuts and bolts', the travel arrangements, the hotels, and all that kind of stuff"

More like the janitor is looking to trade places with the professor.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: nifan on June 02, 2009, 03:52:54 PM
If i where a celtic fan i think id have martinez ahead of adams.
I'd have Barry Manilow ahead of Adams.

ONeill

That was a weird interview by Adams.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Yes I Would

Quote from: ONeill on June 02, 2009, 08:36:51 PM
That was a weird interview by Adams.

Too right!!  Would he be off the wagon??

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: ziggysego on June 02, 2009, 04:35:11 PM
FFS I know the board has been a bit quiet and shite recently, but has it really turned into GDA's own personal love of foreign sports site?

Ah diddums, I thought you might have gotten a little "giggle" out of my comment on your keady thread.  ;)
Tbc....

Main Street

What was the reaction like on the Celtic boards to punch drunk Adams?

I checked with PP earlier and saw MON was the new favourite.
Then I saw, by default it was loading up the next Man U manager list.

Clown

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/06/03/SPL-Mowbray-reports/gnid-55638/

it looks like mowbray now

we're down to about the 6th or 7th choice,  we've been knocked back that many times, and its a manager who has just finished bottom of the premiership.

an ex-celt so i suppose he'll be welcomed in a blaze of glory at celtic.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Clown on June 03, 2009, 04:01:09 PM
http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/06/03/SPL-Mowbray-reports/gnid-55638/

it looks like mowbray now

we're down to about the 6th or 7th choice,  we've been knocked back that many times, and its a manager who has just finished bottom of the premiership.

an ex-celt so i suppose he'll be welcomed in a blaze of glory at celtic.

The man who supposedly started the "huddle"!
Tbc....

Clown

yeah i know that

still dont think he's the man for the job

Myles Na G.

The process sort of puts all the comments about Strachan in perspective. He mightn't have been every Hoops fan's cup of tea - bit of a smart arse, not enough of a badge kisser - but looking at some of the options being discussed, he'd still get my vote.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Myles Na G. on June 03, 2009, 05:38:10 PM
The process sort of puts all the comments about Strachan in perspective. He mightn't have been every Hoops fan's cup of tea - bit of a smart arse, not enough of a badge kisser - but looking at some of the options being discussed, he'd still get my vote.

You left out couldn't man-manage, tactically naive (that's being generous), was terrible with the press, transfers quite poor and treated the fans almost with contempt (remember cans of Kestrel etc...). You might vote for him again, but I think I'll give someone else a chance.
Tbc....

Minder

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 04, 2009, 09:46:59 AM

You left out couldn't man-manage, tactically naive (that's being generous), was terrible with the press, transfers quite poor and treated the fans almost with contempt (remember cans of Kestrel etc...). You might vote for him again, but I think I'll give someone else a chance.

But was more successful than MON, depends what your looking for in a manager i suppose.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 04, 2009, 09:46:59 AM

you left out tactically inept...

had it a lot handier than MON in many ways, MON trailblazed the spl for him
MON destroyed the rangers stranglehold, built up the euro 'invincibility' and fortress Celtic park

it wasnt that hard to follow on from that.
Strachan did well , but he couldnt motivate his own team to overcome a rubbish rangers side let alone some of the other less than brilliant spl sides.
no comparison.

I dont give a fiddlers if the manager is a badge kisser or not, celtic mnded or a former celtic fan.
As long as they are tactically decent and can motivate plus buy more decent players than donkeys, man manage effectively and get the best out of the team they put together - then thats all we want.

strachan couldnt get the best out of the team HE assembled.

I'd almost go looking for the shakthar manager who apparantly wants away....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

FFS Elvis says he wants the job now!!?!!
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Looking like I'll be taking Martinez off the list - is it now just going to be a battle between Mowbrey and McGhee or is Coyle still in the frame?

Wigan allowed to talk to Martinez 

Wigan have been given permission to hold talks with Swansea boss Roberto Martinez, with a view to him becoming their new manager.

Martinez is Wigan chairman Dave Whelan's number one choice to replace Steve Bruce who has gone to Sunderland.

And Swansea "reluctantly" allowed the Spaniard to speak to the Latics after an "appropriate level" of compensation was agreed between the two clubs.

BBC Wales understands a deal could be concluded as early as Thursday evening.

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins had initially refused permission for Wigan to speak to Martinez as they are "miles apart" in terms of compensation.

He was looking for at least £2m but an agreement has now been reached.

Celtic were also in the frame, but did not match the compensation fee.

Martinez has earned rave reviews for his handling of Swansea in his first two years in the role.

Promotion from League One as champions was followed last season by a highly creditable eighth-place finish in their first year back at Championship level.

606: DEBATE
I think that IF Roberto does go and doesn't take (assistant) Graeme Jones with him, he could be an ideal replacement

North-bank-boy
That success has been achieved through an exciting brand of attacking, skilful football that has resulted in the Spaniard also being linked to managerial jobs at the likes of Real Sociedad and Reading.

Martinez has so far refused to talk about his future but denied quotes attributed to him in newspapers north of the border earlier this week that he is interested in joining Celtic.

"The quotes are false," he told BBC Wales. "I didn't speak with anyone. The only person who can speak about the situation is my chairman."

Martinez has close links with Wigan after Whelan brought him to the UK in 1995 as one of the Three Amigos.

He stayed there for six years and now it looks like he could be reunited with close friend Whelan.

Jenkins said on Monday: "Ultimately it always comes down to the individual himself about how he feels and what he wants to do with the next step of his career.

"Roberto has got to consider his future and where his commitment lies. We will see how things go the rest of the week."

Tbc....