Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Billic i can live with ;) but i'll tell this if they appoint that Magilton man i'll never be back
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

nifan

Cant imagine they would go for magilton. Im sure they would be able to get a manager with a higher level of experience.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

I think SS2 has been at the glue again!  ;D
Tbc....

T Fearon

We have had problems with temperamental croats before at Celtic Park. Remember Viduka? As for Magilton, don't make me laugh, Michael O'Neill at Shamrock Rovers would be a better bet.

PS Where does all this leave Neil Lennon? Surely the new manager, whoever he is, would see the benefit of keeping Neil on?

lfdown2

Tony what was the benefit of neil do you think (not saying there was none just interested to what you think it would be?)

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on May 27, 2009, 03:58:47 PM
We have had problems with temperamental croats before at Celtic Park. Remember Viduka? As for Magilton, don't make me laugh, Michael O'Neill at Shamrock Rovers would be a better bet.

PS Where does all this leave Neil Lennon? Surely the new manager, whoever he is, would see the benefit of keeping Neil on?

Was thinking that earlier myself Tony...

Neil Lennon is actually a very intelligent guy and is experienced, he has worked under some good management teams and would be worth keeping around whoever comes in
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Neil is, what Tommy Burns was, a celtic man through and through, and can influence both manager (particularly one of a non Celtic mind) and players alike. I think there should be a role for him in the new regime at Celtic Park.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: illdecide on May 27, 2009, 04:08:31 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 27, 2009, 03:58:47 PM

Was thinking that earlier myself Tony...

Neil Lennon is actually a very intelligent guy and is experienced, he has worked under some good management teams and would be worth keeping around whoever comes in

Ditto, I would hate to see him go, imo he does a job similar to Ally McCoist at Mordor.
Tbc....

DennistheMenace

Can't see Coyle taking a step backwards from premier league football to SPL myself.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: DennistheMenace on May 27, 2009, 04:15:34 PM
Can't see Coyle taking a step backwards from premier league football to SPL myself.
he hasnt managed in the epl, and if he stays at burnley, chances are he will only be in it with them for the one season.

Look at it from a business perspective, at Celtic, he is in a two horse race, has better pulling power for players (not much better mind you) and will have a v good chance of managing in the CL if he can even be slightly better than strachan and beat a rubbish rangers and win the league.
Longer term prospects for Coyle would be better at Celtic, all their former managers also went on to other clubs for decent money ....at least for a wee while (apart from liam brady who just want cut out for it!)

dont know why people are so hard on magilton, the guy isnt brilliant but imo no worse calibre than strachan when he joined Celtic.

wouldnt want Lambert. Not sold on McGhee and only slightly warmer to Mowbray.
Billic has no club record and is a high profile risk.

DennistheMenace

I actually fancy Burnley to stay up next season with a few decent signings - Especially considering some of the current dross in the league in Hull, Pompey and Wigan could be in disarray.

Why the hell would Coyle leave a premier league side playing in the best league in the world to go and manage in a third rate league at a club who has half dozen big league games a year. Champions League is an obvious attraction but even then it's not as if Celtic last long there either.

Be a hughe mistake for him to leave Burnley and can't see him wanting to leave anyway.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: DennistheMenace on May 27, 2009, 04:33:38 PM
I actually fancy Burnley to stay up next season with a few decent signings - Especially considering some of the current dross in the league in Hull, Pompey and Wigan could be in disarray.

Why the hell would Coyle leave a premier league side playing in the best league in the world to go and manage in a third rate league at a club who has half dozen big league games a year. Champions League is an obvious attraction but even then it's not as if Celtic last long there either.

Be a hughe mistake for him to leave Burnley and can't see him wanting to leave anyway.

wouldnt say it would be a mistake at all.
He knows he will bein a relegation dogfight from the word go.
He does seem to be a very astute manger and the kind that Celtic need. Doesnt need to buy high profile players, he creates a TEAM.

Coyle knows he could prob get the Celtic job next time around but its taking the right jump when you can.
IMO its a bigger gamble for him at burnley, yes more money to spend, but less of an attraction to anyone apart from pre war english soccer anoraks.

The questions here are - his desire to manager Celtic (reminiscent of Martin O'Neill and his draw to the club)
and the profile/exposure he will get between managing either Celtic or Burnley - leading to him being able to command higher wages and higher level jobs ....well I'd say that no matter how bad the spl is perceived, Celtic manager role is still high enough that even people like strachan can command easy entry into a handful of mid table epl sides now !

Main Street

Just as I predicted ;D

Stachan could do a job with keeping Burnley up.

Owen at 1/3 now.
Not a cert yet.

Main Street