?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: dublinfella on May 25, 2009, 11:45:52 AM
Quote from: nifan on May 25, 2009, 11:35:37 AM
Are there any players likely to follow Strachan if he does move to the SPL?
Obviously McGeady wont be his biggest fan, but what about the likes of Brown?

Typically managers like to take the odd familiar face - ONeill and Petrov for example.

Seemingly he is so unpopular in the dressingroom, its unlikely.

Naylor will go with him, Vennigor will go as well, Nakas gone, possibily Brown to Spuds and Artur going if decent price comes in for him.
McGeady will be a better player if strachan goes and another manager comes in (any other manager!).
Tbc....

clarshack

coyle is a tim through and through. i thought i read somewhere that he would walk to glasgow to take the celtic job no matter what other job was on offer.

aroundincircles

Is Strachan going for sure? Was talking to some one during the week who is close to john hartson and he said Strachan was quitting no matter what the outcome was yesterday. When will he go if he does? new manager needs to be installed asap to give him a chance to make some changes

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: aroundincircles on May 25, 2009, 01:37:11 PM
Is Strachan going for sure? Was talking to some one during the week who is close to john hartson and he said Strachan was quitting no matter what the outcome was yesterday. When will he go if he does? new manager needs to be installed asap to give him a chance to make some changes

Heard on the radio earlier on today that Celtic Park will be issuing a statement later on this week.
Tbc....

aroundincircles

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 25, 2009, 01:42:36 PM

Heard on the radio earlier on today that Celtic Park will be issuing a statement later on this week.

Who ever next manager is some passion needs to be restored somehow. For the last 6 or 7 years atmosphere inside stadium has been desperate nearly afraid to sing or chant incase some one gets offended.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: aroundincircles on May 25, 2009, 02:17:53 PM

Who ever next manager is some passion needs to be restored somehow. For the last 6 or 7 years atmosphere inside stadium has been desperate nearly afraid to sing or chant incase some one gets offended.

The problem is that in this "PC" world people are afraid to sing as someone will most suredly take offence. I think your right in saying that passion needs to be restored, and imho to do this we need a "Celtic minded" manager, on this point Coyle would be the ideal choice (not sure about Moyes - think he may be a Rangers fan even though he played for us).
Tbc....

aroundincircles

Mowbray would also know what the celtic fans would want. Nobody could disagree that strachan done a right job considering the budget he was working with. He never got to grips with the fans he seemed to treat them with a lack of respect or something his manner is not what we want he really annoys me in his interviews disrepectful towards everything it seems.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 25, 2009, 02:26:10 PM

The problem is that in this "PC" world people are afraid to sing as someone will most suredly take offence. I think your right in saying that passion needs to be restored, and imho to do this we need a "Celtic minded" manager, on this point Coyle would be the ideal choice (not sure about Moyes - think he may be a Rangers fan even though he played for us).

Rangers fan or not, he would be my ideal choice...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 25, 2009, 03:12:01 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 25, 2009, 02:26:10 PM

Rangers fan or not, he would be my ideal choice...

Yes he would be the pick of the list, but I think it's just wishful thinking, with a top 5 finish in the EPL european football  and all the money that Everton can offer him, he'd be mad to come.
Tbc....

Main Street

I am not convinced that "Celtic minded" makes any difference to a candidate.
If a manager is of the required standard, he will become Celtic minded, not least out of a sense of a professional duty.

I´d have "Celtic minded" way down the list of the standard criteria.

GalwayBayBoy

Rumours flying around that Strachan has walked.

the green man

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 25, 2009, 04:00:15 PM
Rumours flying around that Strachan has walked.

I'll wait for official confirmation, all the same.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

there you go

Page last updated at 15:06 GMT, Monday, 25 May 2009 16:06 UK Sport Feeds
RSS feed  
FOOTBALL:Celtic manager Gordon Strachan has parted company with the club
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid