Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

You could argue that Rangers won 9 in a row because Celtic never had a team at all during that era.

I would expect an " inspiring Champions League night" atmosphere on Sunday at Celtic Park and I fully expect Celtic to win and am praying for an early goal. Would be optimistic about the title still ending up at Celtic Park, but am wondering if it would really be all that bad if the Huns did win it. It might shake the Celtic board into some meaningful investment.

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on May 18, 2009, 04:26:18 PM
You could argue that Rangers won 9 in a row because Celtic never had a team at all during that era.

I would expect an " inspiring Champions League night" atmosphere on Sunday at Celtic Park and I fully expect Celtic to win and am praying for an early goal. Would be optimistic about the title still ending up at Celtic Park, but am wondering if it would really be all that bad if the Huns did win it. It might shake the Celtic board into some meaningful investment.

Ahh i don't agree with you Tony...When Rangers were winning the 9 in a row they had good players (Gazza, Laudraup, Goram, Gough, McCoist etc) and Celtic had good players too (Cadete, Pierre V Hood, Di Canio etc) even though Celtic were loosing to Rangers they played good attacking football and were a joy to watch (most times). It is like watching paint dry when you watch any team in Scotland, we can't attract players of that calibre anymore and over the last 4 years started to buy up average players from Hibs, Hearts and Dundee Utd etc etc. This made us marginly better that those teams because we were taking their best players of them but look what happened when we were in Europe. On a plus side we owe little to nothing and that is a good thing but the quality is long gone...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Yes, but it was rash overspending then that has the huns in the mess they're in financially to-day.

Celtic twice qualified for the last 16 in the Champions League and won three in a row titles with essentially the same team as to-day's and they haven't become bad overnight. It definitely needs feshened up a bit but assuming that the likes of Messi etc are out of our league I think that resources have been used fairly wisely.

DennistheMenace

I find it quite funny that Celtic bottled it again and have ultimately handed the title to the Gers.

longball

Owen wearing the hoops next year?
Or else Healy!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: DennistheMenace on May 18, 2009, 04:55:06 PM
I find it quite funny that Celtic bottled it again and have ultimately handed the title to the Gers.

Its not over yet.A Rangers fan from work told me today its 3 years since Rangers beat Dundee Utd at Tanadice.

So there's still hope!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Main Street

Once GDA gives up the ghost, only then we can say all hope is gone.

clarshack

Quote from: illdecide on May 18, 2009, 04:36:21 PM
Ahh i don't agree with you Tony...When Rangers were winning the 9 in a row they had good players (Gazza, Laudraup, Goram, Gough, McCoist etc) and Celtic had good players too (Cadete, Pierre V Hood, Di Canio etc) even though Celtic were loosing to Rangers they played good attacking football and were a joy to watch (most times). It is like watching paint dry when you watch any team in Scotland, we can't attract players of that calibre anymore and over the last 4 years started to buy up average players from Hibs, Hearts and Dundee Utd etc etc. This made us marginly better that those teams because we were taking their best players of them but look what happened when we were in Europe. On a plus side we owe little to nothing and that is a good thing but the quality is long gone...

celtic played a lot of attractive and attacking football under tommy burns and only lost 1 game in 95/96 and still didnt win the league. that celtic team just had no luck.

aroundincircles

never named ricco annoni remember him oh the memories..

illdecide

Quote from: aroundincircles on May 18, 2009, 10:26:00 PM

It's true alright, look at some of the players we have had over the years and look at the players we have now...There is not 1 Celtic player now that could get his place in any of the top 6 teams in the premiership. Last year i would have said Boruc and McGeady but on current form i don't believe they're god enough. Scott Brown is a tough tackler with a good engine but skill wise he's no Paul McStay...

I know i sound critical of the current Celtic team but the quality has got worse and worse until they are unwatchable at times, that Lee Naylor at left back is a shame to a professional footballer never mind a Celtic player, our central defence are so ordinary it's not funny. Midfield are hot and cold and our strikers are rank, compare McDonald, JVOH and Samaras with Hartson, Sutton and Larsson
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

under the bar

QuoteIts not over yet.A Rangers fan from work told me today its 3 years since Rangers beat Dundee Utd at Tanadice.

So there's still hope!

Rangers won't be denied on the last day, the masons will see to that............

Myles Na G.

Quote from: illdecide on May 18, 2009, 11:24:53 PM
Quote from: aroundincircles on May 18, 2009, 10:26:00 PM

It's true alright, look at some of the players we have had over the years and look at the players we have now...There is not 1 Celtic player now that could get his place in any of the top 6 teams in the premiership. Last year i would have said Boruc and McGeady but on current form i don't believe they're god enough. Scott Brown is a tough tackler with a good engine but skill wise he's no Paul McStay...

I know i sound critical of the current Celtic team but the quality has got worse and worse until they are unwatchable at times, that Lee Naylor at left back is a shame to a professional footballer never mind a Celtic player, our central defence are so ordinary it's not funny. Midfield are hot and cold and our strikers are rank, compare McDonald, JVOH and Samaras with Hartson, Sutton and Larsson
Compare the cost of putting those 3 together (£12.6m?) with what the current 3 cost. You get what you pay for.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Main Street on May 18, 2009, 09:19:41 PM
Once GDA gives up the ghost, only then we can say all hope is gone.

Never over until the ref blows the final whistle on Sunday.
I do think we will put in a good show against Hearts hopefully a winning performance, but I'll be a nervous wreck checking on the Huns match every 2-3 mins, come on the Terrors youse owe the Orcs a tanking for last year!

Hail Hail
Four in a Row.
Tbc....

T Fearon

The quality of the team is commensurate with the budget, that sadly is the way of modern football. But Celtic are financially sound and well placed for the future, unlike the US debt ridden coroporations in Manchester and Liverpool.

At Celtic Park on Sunday I nevertheless expect to witness a game of football played out amid the backdrop of the best atmosphere and passion anywhere in World Sport, and it will be all the sweeter if the league title is retained against all the odds

JohnDenver

Quote from: T Fearon on May 19, 2009, 09:49:26 AM
The quality of the team is commensurate with the budget, that sadly is the way of modern football. But Celtic are financially sound and well placed for the future, unlike the US debt ridden coroporations in Manchester and Liverpool.

At Celtic Park on Sunday I nevertheless expect to witness a game of football played out amid the backdrop of the best atmosphere and passion anywhere in World Sport, and it will be all the sweeter if the league title is retained against all the odds

Give me Croke Park on the 3rd Sunday in September any day!