Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Did any of you read Chic Young blog on BBC :     http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/chickyoung/2009/03/if_scottish_football_were_the.html

p***k if teh Huns had won then it would have been Celts in crisis as Super Rangers on for treble!  >:(
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on March 18, 2009, 04:04:20 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 18, 2009, 01:27:45 PM

Certainly doesnt look like the anti -Celtic brigade at this toilet paper excuse for a newspaper has changed its tack 'after all' !

Not sure of the relevance here lynchbhoy. You said a few pages back that the tabloids had it in for Celtic, would print damaging stories about the club prior to crucial games yet would never do the same to Rangers. I said that was complete nonsense and the stories that appeared in the tabloid press last week attacking Rangers, in the days leading up to (and on the day itself) of an Old Firm cup final, proved that to be totally correct. This latest article is not exactly Rangers friendly either is it? ;D

As for the Record being a toilet of a newspaper I totally agree. Its just not a biased toilet of a newspaper (in a sporting sense at least, the Record is proud of its pro LabourParty and pro Union political stance).

thing is LDA, the paper are 'highlighting' the despicable actions of a couple of mindless rangers fans, but at the same time, with the other hand are highighting where Boruc lives etc etc
after printing outraged stories * about where celtic idiot fans posted nacho novo's address on the internet (in a closed forum btw)

but you are correct either way, that 'paper' is not even fit for chip wrappers !

* I did not read it myself I have to admit, this is from friends who live in Dundee whose version of events I would trust.

illdecide

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 18, 2009, 04:53:08 PM
Did any of you read Chic Young blog on BBC :     http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/chickyoung/2009/03/if_scottish_football_were_the.html

p***k if teh Huns had won then it would have been Celts in crisis as Super Rangers on for treble!  >:(

Yes i read that myself Gaoth and got that impression too...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Some of the comments on the blog had me smiling.

"if I read the phrase 'the square root of zilch' again, I am going to lose my mind".

"By my count, Chick has used "square root of zilch" the last 3 weeks in a row. It wasn't funny the first time!"

T Fearon

Heading over on Friday for the special lunch to celebrate King Billy Mc Neill and John Clark's 50 years at Celtic, should be a great afternoon of nostalgia.

T O Hare

Quote from: T Fearon on March 24, 2009, 04:03:53 PM
Heading over on Friday for the special lunch to celebrate King Billy Mc Neill and John Clark's 50 years at Celtic, should be a great afternoon of nostalgia.

where did you win that Tony???? :D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on March 24, 2009, 04:03:53 PM

Bring me back a doggie bag would you Tone. I'm starving.
Tbc....

T Fearon

No room for Doggie Bags. I'm bringing over books by Mc Neill, Lennox, Auld, Craig, and Gemmell to  get signed plus a Lisbon jersey. All 8 Lions will be there hopefully!

Tickets £50 each and got two return flights for wife and me from Dublin for less than £30  ;D

under the bar

QuoteTickets £50 each and got two return flights for wife and me from Dublin for less than £30 

Any truth that the wife only asked for a one-way? :D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 18, 2009, 01:26:17 PM
this should interest LDA

Thugs attacked Celtic star Artur Boruc's house as he celebrated win
Mar 17 2009 By Mark Mcgivern

CELTIC goalie Artur Boruc's home was attacked twice by thugs just hours after the Hoops' cup final win over Rangers.

The Polish star's £1.3million mansion grounds were invaded by vandals after Celtic's 2-0 victory in the CIS Insurance Cup on Sunday.

In the first attack, before the player returned to his home, yobs threw a brick through the bathroom window. The second attack came at 1 am while the star watched TV with friends at the detached house in Bearsden, near Glasgow.

His girlfriend Sara Mannei was in the house and a three-year-old girl was asleep in a bedroom.

Last night, Boruc's close friend and financial adviser David McDonald said he, too, had been in the house when the second attack took place.

David added: "We were watching Spanish football in the living room when we heard a loud crash, obviously a window smashing.

"We went through and saw a huge brick had been put through the glass.

"It wasn't a normal brick. It was something they had taken from the garden and much bigger. It would have taken the kind of effort to throw a shot putt to lift it and put it through the window. If the brick had hit anyone inside the house, it would have killed them outright.

"These people attacked the house indiscriminately and didn't care about the consequences.

"We looked out the window and looked around the house but whoever did it had gone.

"I wouldn't say Artur was terrified but he is hugely concerned just now and doesn't want any kind of repeat."

David had watched the game at Hampden before returning to his own home and arranging to meet Artur in Bearsden later.

He said: "I spoke to Artur on the phone and he told me a bathroom window had been done by the time he got home.

"The bathroom is at the back. Whoever did it must have prowled around a bit.

"Artur can handle abuse from Rangers fans while he is playing and there will be the odd time when people may say something in the street.

"But this is something else altogether.

"It's an attack on his house and no one should be subjected to anything like this.

"Whoever did this should be locked up. It was a nasty and premeditated attack.

"A three-year-old was sleeping in the house at the time."

David said police took almost two hours to turn up at Boruc's home to take a statement.

He said: "They said they were really busy. It took until after 2am for them to turn up and they spend half an hour taking a statement from me."

He added: "Artur already has proper security measures at home but he will be thinking about increasing them now. He is a character on the field but he's a very down to earth, decent guy."

The assault on Boruc's home is the latest in a series of appalling incidents in the aftermath of Glasgow derby matches in recent years.

In recent years, former Celtic manager Martin O'Neill's garden was attacked by thugs.

Rangers goalie Allan McGregor's car was twice attacked by vandals and Celtic coach Neil Lennon was left unconscious after being attacked by two Rangers fans, who were jailed last month.

Rangers striker Nacho Novo received death threats from sick fans and his home address was published on a website.

Drove through Sandy Row this morning and painted on a wall - Boruc RIP

Where's the condemnation?
Tbc....

T Fearon

I'll condemn you unequivocally. Any one of a non protestant ultra loyalist persuasion who drives through Sandy Row needs their head examined ;D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 25, 2009, 09:35:40 AM
Drove through Sandy Row this morning and painted on a wall - Boruc RIP

Where's the condemnation?
to be honest I think that most of the ni soccer team fans/following are looking to get away from all that rubbish.
painting that on a wall wouldnt be too serious, same as the crap in scotland where nacho novo was  'threatened' with 'death' - its a load of shite
theres nothing serious about these.
However the ifa and whoever else is in power must take note.
If these things happened in any other geographical location, it would be ignored.
However the ifa/etc have to go beyond and above normal practice as per everywhere else given the rank history their fans and their own organisation had at not exactly being equal or more pointedly , not ridding their game of its own weird brand of sectarianism.
Thats why I agree with Tony, the soccer for all campagin and such means nothing until they start actively scheduling games for sundays and other wee bits of policy reversal in order to demonstrate to nationalists, their own regular fans and the outside world that they are not going to allow such practices and 'sectarianism' (or even the perception of sectarianism) to remain.
It wont be easy, but it must be done. So while condemnation of this painting in itself is a daft exdercise GDA, I suppose it needs to be done.
However I believe that the changes to the current regieme wont ever be fully completed , as the ni team will be brought back into the full Ireland side in the not too distant future. Problem sol-ved ....as the man said!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

In all intents and purposes it was a death threat painted on a public wall near to the ground where this man will be playing in 4 days, now lynchbhoy how can you say it is a daft exercise to condemn this action?
All incidents like this should be condemned, until the idiots who do it realise that it is neither intelligent nor acceptable and cease these actions
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 25, 2009, 10:38:15 AM
In all intents and purposes it was a death threat painted on a public wall near to the ground where this man will be playing in 4 days, now lynchbhoy how can you say it is a daft exercise to condemn this action?
All incidents like this should be condemned, until the idiots who do it realise that it is neither intelligent nor acceptable and cease these actions
GDA
I said its daft to worry about this, while I kind of accept and agree with your sentiment.
Still because of prev, and with the reasoning outlined in my last post, this should be condemned to help propel things forward and not rooted in the dark ages.

illdecide

Celtic are weighing up a £2m summer swoop for highly-rated 23-year-old Espanyol midfielder Jordi Gomez who is currently on loan at Swansea City.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch