?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

That's a shít hot shirt deal.

Aston Villa get about £2m for a year, other EPL clubs might get a bit more or a bit less and kit manufacturers are trying to renogiate lower deals.
Why would it be so high for Celtic, the fan base/ shirt sales? can't be the hope that Celtic make progress in the CL under GS. 

nifan

That figure is based on current sales MS. It is a flat rate, plus royalties that currently would mean about 5m a year:

from a stock exchange statement -
"Based on performance during the current contract, fee and royalty income under the new arrangements are likely to be similar to the annual £5million royalty guarantee under the current contract. "

Main Street

So shirt sales are the biggest factor, the value to Nike for brand exposure is a lesser calculation.

Then profit that Celtic make from selling the shirts directly to fans comes on top of the £5m p/a?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

At a wedding in the Ballymac, so last chance to post on the board - COME ON THE HOOPS BEAT THOSE ORCS
Tbc....

carribbear

Quote from: Main Street on March 12, 2009, 03:16:42 PM
So shirt sales are the biggest factor, the value to Nike for brand exposure is a lesser calculation.

Then profit that Celtic make from selling the shirts directly to fans comes on top of the £5m p/a?

Goes back to JJB sports ;)

Hopefully put some orcs in their box this weekend..

under the bar

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

lynchbhoy

Good win, the better team won. Pity Strachan had to try and play 'anti-soccer' with 'anti-soccer' in the first half in a 451 formation - but credit to him ,it worked (though imo caldwell in midfield is a disaster.
huns apart from mendes dont have a 'footballer' on their squad it seems !
a load of hatchet men and a couple of athletes !

Superb play by scott brown and mcgeady !

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 15, 2009, 06:44:33 PM
Good win, the better team won. Pity Strachan had to try and play 'anti-soccer' with 'anti-soccer' in the first half in a 451 formation - but credit to him ,it worked (though imo caldwell in midfield is a disaster.
huns apart from mendes dont have a 'footballer' on their squad it seems !
a load of hatchet men and a couple of athletes !

Superb play by scott brown and mcgeady !
Thought O'Dea was Celtic's best. Very tidy on the ball, loads of composure for a young lad.

Over the Bar

I didnt think there was much between the sides before today and even  up until 70 mins it was hard to call a winner.   After that it could have been 4 or 5 to Celitc. The difference in class was obvious and while Cetic are no world beaters it would be a pity if a team as shite as Rangers won a league. 

Samaras is pants tho.  I know fellas who play sunday football would be better finishers. I am being serious btw.

Interstingly FIFA.com list 13 players as "ones to watch".  Brown and Ramsey for Arsenal are the only british players. Brown played v well today & dominated midfield and Ferguson, who isnt bad either it has to be said, knew he'd been roasted by look on his face. 

Scott Brown, 23, midfielder, Celtic (Scotland)
2009 begins with this dynamic box-to-box midfielder widely regarded Celtic and Scotland's most important and valuable player. Direct, athletic and combative, Brown has thrived after successfully curbing a reckless streak that blighted last season, his first at Celtic since winnig a £4.5 million move from Hibernian. So influential has the 23-year-old become, in fact, that the Scottish champions have reportedly turned down a £9 million bid from Portsmouth to take their midfield general south of the border during the January transfer window.

Clown

celtic had to go 4-5-1 today as hesslink and samaras are not worthy of starting in this team let alone in an old firm cup final

brown and mcgeady got forward well to support mcdonald, my only problem with the team selection was dropping crosas for hartley

celtic were always in control, they kept the ball well throughout, were solid defensively and eventually got wot they deserved and cud hav won by 4 or 5 nil
strachan got the tactics right with every celtic starting player putting in a decent performance, roll on the double

Main Street

It was my first Scottish game in ages, jaysus the standard is gone very poor, it was a feat of endurance to watch this on tv. and then they had extra time.
I would have to go back further than I can remember to recall Celtic playing worse football.

Good steady game by O'Dea, Ireland can do with a player like him at lb, a good honest game from McGeady.

I was impressed by Loovens, he would have been my MOTM along with Brown but Naka is in another class when it comes to finding the space, keeping possession, the vision to finding the sublime pass, I lost count of the number of times he showed for the ball only for his teammate to regard him as invisible.
He stayed a season too long, he is a diamond lost in that rough.
What has happened to Samaras? I know he was never blessed with a first touch but at least he had some confidence and ability. Now he has nothing, stripped to bone, bereft.
And Caldwell??

T Fearon

Good win and an absorbing if devoid of quality game.

Caldwell cannot play in midfield and it was distrubing to see a balloon like Lafferty cause Celtic's defence so many problems.

Still a win to savour but if Celtic were to lose Brown and Mc Geady to other clubs they would be in big trouble alright.

Mc Geady sprinting away from old Clubfoot before being taken down for the penalty was reminiscent of Bobby Lennox in his hey day ;D

Roger

bennydorano

The state of the pitch ahd a lot to do with the crapness of the game, it was a dead (hardly knitted) sod.  Tight until ET, but Celtic could have had 5 or 6 in the first 10 mins of ET alone.