Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Clown

am i being stupid here or can someone explain to me how celtic entering their reserve team in scottish league division 3 is going to lead to them getting into english football???

nifan

Quote from: illdecide on February 25, 2009, 11:30:44 AM
Quote from: nifan on February 25, 2009, 11:25:22 AM
Janko is a striker.

And what's the Egyptian ::)

I was only saying, as i wasnt sure you where aware of that - from first reading your post I assumed you thought all where midfielders, but from the rolly eyes I see you where making a general point.
Was not saying your wrong that celtic are bringing in too many midfielders.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on February 25, 2009, 11:29:20 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 25, 2009, 09:13:29 AM
not sure where you get this 'baggage' that the OF bring from...rangers yes and a handful of Celtic support - but generally in response to the equally non pc, monolithic 'home' support of other scots clubs...so  its baggage of an anti social variety not restricted to Celtic..

my thoughts on putting Celtic 'B' in the lower english leagues is the next step.
If Celtic are thinking of putting a B team in lower scots leagues, then the notion of doing likewise in the lower english tiers couldnt be too far away or too far from linear thinking.
Especially when in times not so long ago, the english leagues dismissed and objected to the idea of Celtic (and rangers) being installed directly into the epl, with the compromise of ' if they want to get into the epl, they must join the league and get promoted the whole way up' as their response.
so my idea is to do just that, I am hoping that Celtic have already thought of this and that the B team in the scots leagues is a test run.

You have in your head in the clowds again lynchbhoy. The Celtic support could be heard with their party tunes again at Motherwell on Saturday. Indeed I spent the weekend on the drink with 20 odd Celtic fans who were blasting out the bigoted songs most of the time. Everybody knows Rangers have a bigger problem but the idea Celtic have just a handful of bigots in their support is frankly absurd. As is the idea other teams have problems on anywhere near the same scale.

As for the OF putting a B team into the SFL as a test run for a similar attempt in England there is no logic there either. Its a response to the disbandment of the SPL reserve league, not an attempt to get into the EPL. And the reason the OF didnt get into the English setup before wasnt down to the fact that they wanted to jump straight into the EPL, it was because it would be against FIFA rules. The same would apply to them going into any lower English league.

so the singing of songs its down to now  ::)
I hear the same kind of songs sung by dunf, killie etc fans when Celtic are playing them - so which is it, Celtic have a load of problematic supporters as do Dunf, kille, airdrie.....

or is this just a load of old guff from you

you obv dont see the logic in Celtic turning their thinking from B team in scotland to a team in england where they can riseup the ranks , switch teams and then ge tot play in epl as DD is very keen on !.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Lads have just added a poll to guage the boards opinion as to weither or not the Hoops can still retain the league.
Tbc....

nifan

of course they can still do it, but who is currently the favourite for the title GDA?

Main Street

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on February 25, 2009, 01:58:20 PM
Lads have just added a poll to guage the boards opinion as to weither or not the Hoops can still retain the league.
Of course they can but the question is will they.
I voted no.
There is just the overwhelming whiff of a rudderless manager.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: nifan on February 25, 2009, 01:59:36 PM
of course they can still do it, but who is currently the favourite for the title GDA?

Believe it or not, ladbrookes still had the Celts as favourites on Monday just past!!  :o
Tbc....

T Fearon

I don't see the reason for pessimism. Celtic are having their bad patch at the right time of the season and the team under the same manager showed last season when the pressure's on and winning points is an absolute must then they can deliver. Will be amazed if they don't make if four in a row.

PS Heading over on Saturday and at the end of March to the special lunch to mark Billy Mc Neill's (the one and only King Billy) and John Clarke's 50 years at Paradise. Should be a great occasion and hopefully the other 6 surviving Lions will be there to sign the load of stuff I'm taking with me! ;D

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 25, 2009, 01:50:50 PM

or is this just a load of old guff

Yes, I knew you would get there in the end lynchbhoy ;).

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

It's a bad patch alright Tone, couldn't be much worse atm!  ;)

I do think we can still win the league, but we are making a complete mess of it atm.
Strachans tactics and team choices are at best dodgy, and at worst shambolic, the board also need to be taken to task here as well, they have to shoulder alot of the responsibility for the current "crisis", no useful money spent, and transfer buying that is verging on comedic.
Great we are now only 0.97mil in debt but we are playing the worst football I can remember.

Talk of getting out of the SPL will have to go on the long finger, we'll not be welcome anywhere until the problems on the park are sorted out first.
Tbc....

carribbear

I voted no, unless strachan makes a few very hard choices in his team selections I can't see where they are going to find inspiration. Surprisingly enough I think that giving Pat McCourt and Koki starting roles might be the way to kickstart the season. Times like these need a bit of imagination, something you havent seen in that celtic team in a long time.

Rav67

Quote from: carribbear on February 25, 2009, 05:54:29 PM
I voted no, unless strachan makes a few very hard choices in his team selections I can't see where they are going to find inspiration. Surprisingly enough I think that giving Pat McCourt and Koki starting roles might be the way to kickstart the season. Times like these need a bit of imagination, something you havent seen in that celtic team in a long time.

We have talented started midfielders anyway, I don't think anyone could justify starting the both of them.  WGS went 4-3-3 on Sunday, which could work but he picked completely the wrong players.  I'd have Brown Crosas Naka in the middle and McGeady McDonald Maloney (when fit)- (until then perhaps give Koki or even McCourt a chance in this role) in attack - genuine width and no point persisting with the other 2 strikers were they are completely off-form. 

carribbear

Quote from: Rav67 on February 26, 2009, 12:14:11 AM
We have talented started midfielders anyway, I don't think anyone could justify starting the both of them.  WGS went 4-3-3 on Sunday, which could work but he picked completely the wrong players.  I'd have Brown Crosas Naka in the middle and McGeady McDonald Maloney (when fit)- (until then perhaps give Koki or even McCourt a chance in this role) in attack - genuine width and no point persisting with the other 2 strikers were they are completely off-form. 
No doubt Celtic have a talented midfield but when was the last time they performed on the pitch like they should on paper? Nakamura and McGeady theretically should be pissing past opponents and whipping the ball in for Skippy, George Michael and JVOH but has that happened in recent weeks?
Maybe opponents have copped on to their game and tactically got it spot on - is Gary Caldwell going to be a threat like Kaka going forward from midfield? No. So they'll leave him alone and concentrate on double teaming aiden.
If plan A isn't working time for a plan B.