?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on February 18, 2009, 12:12:44 PM
http://www.dundalkfc.com/news/090209_Celtic.asp

Great to see the Celts return to Dundalk. I remember seeing them there back in 1975 (Dalglish and all) in a friendly, in the European Cup in 1979 (Lennox, Mc Grain. Aitken and all) and in 1982 in a friendly when Davie Provan had a wonder free kick ruled out (nearly causing a riot) and again in 1991 one of Liam Brady's first games in charge and Charlie Nicholas featured.

Am I about to create a record? I will be at the Celtic St Mirren game in Glasgow on Feb 28th and this game in Dundalk kicks off in less than 24 hours later. Can anyone else say they've seen Celtic play live twice in less than 24 hours

FFS Tony give yourself a Pat on the back there...What do ya want us to do send you a Blue Peter badge...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lfdown2

Quote from: T Fearon on February 18, 2009, 12:12:44 PM
http://www.dundalkfc.com/news/090209_Celtic.asp

Great to see the Celts return to Dundalk. I remember seeing them there back in 1975 (Dalglish and all) in a friendly, in the European Cup in 1979 (Lennox, Mc Grain. Aitken and all) and in 1982 in a friendly when Davie Provan had a wonder free kick ruled out (nearly causing a riot) and again in 1991 one of Liam Brady's first games in charge and Charlie Nicholas featured.
Am I about to create a record? I will be at the Celtic St Mirren game in Glasgow on Feb 28th and this game in Dundalk kicks off in less than 24 hours later. Can anyone else say they've seen Celtic play live twice in less than 24 hours

the very reason i support the hoops, first soccer game i was ever at!

T Fearon

I'll decide

I expect the following honours in this order

Blue Peter Badge
Crackerjack Pencil
Puke of Edinburgh award
OBE
MBE
Knighthood
Oscar
Grammy.

Might have known Lynchboy would have beaten me to this ;D

Gaffer

Quote from: T Fearon on February 18, 2009, 01:07:05 PM
I'll decide

Blue Peter Badge
Crackerjack Pencil
Puke of Edinburgh award
OBE
MBE
Knighthood
Oscar
Grammy.

And what's wrong with a Blankety Blank Cheque Book and Pen?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

the colonel

the difference between success and failure is energy

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on February 18, 2009, 01:07:05 PM
I'll decide

Blue Peter Badge
Crackerjack Pencil
Puke of Edinburgh award
OBE
MBE
Knighthood
Oscar
Grammy.

The next time i'm talking to Neilie (Lennon) i'll have to ask him does he want to meet a legend and if yes i'll bring him to Poyntzpass to meet the one and only Tony Fearon :P

T Fearon

Er actually I played with Lennon (no joking here) at the end of my career in a 5 a side tournament down in Kilkeel for a Man City Supporters Club side, way back in 1987 or 1988. The team manager was a huge Man City fan and had big connections at the club and got Lennon and Gerry Taggart (both youth team players with City at the time) over to play in this.

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on February 18, 2009, 02:13:17 PM
Er actually I played with Lennon (no joking here) at the end of my career in a 5 a side tournament down in Kilkeel for a Man City Supporters Club side, way back in 1987 or 1988. The team manager was a huge Man City fan and had big connections at the club and got Lennon and Gerry Taggart (both youth team players with City at the time) over to play in this.

I've no doubt on that Tony...infact i was expecting you to come back and say he asked you for your shirt after the match...lol I'm sure he remembers you as i assume you were a legend back then too ;D

T Fearon

I'm right up there with Moravcik, Larsson, Collymore and Steve Claridge in terms of legend's Neil has played with ;D

the colonel

Quote from: T Fearon on February 18, 2009, 02:41:18 PM
I'm right up there with Moravcik, Larsson, Collymore and Steve Claridge in terms of legend's Neil has played with ;D

only decent thing collymore ever kicked was ulrika jonsson
the difference between success and failure is energy

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Celtic allay Brown injury fears 

Celtic say midfielder Scott Brown is fit for Sunday's trip to face Motherwell despite suffering a head injury in last week's Old Firm derby.

The 23-year-old was substituted in the goalless draw after a collision with Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor.

"Scott was fine after the game. He got a bang on the head and was a little bit dizzy. But he will be okay," first-team coach Neil Lennon told Celtic TV.

Brown joined Celtic from SPL rivals Hibs for £4.4m in May 2007.

Meanwhile, Brown's midfield team-mate Barry Robson could be sidelined for a spell after pulling out of the Old Firm game with a groin injury.

Lennon said: "Barry was due to start against Rangers because his record against them is pretty good.

"But the day before the game his right groin went."

Feck'in bad news about Barry Robson!
Tbc....

Muzz

QuoteCeltic and Rangers battle for Peace Cup placeview list
19/02/09

Celtic and Rangers have been given an extra incentive to clinch this season's SPL title, with the winners earning an invitation to the potentially-lucrative Peace Cup.

The 12-team pre-season tournament will take place in Spain from July 24 to August 2.

The winners will receive £2m (€2.3m), the runners-up £1m (€1.1m) and the third and fourth-placed sides £500,000 (€568,500) each.

"The Peace Cup want the SPL winners to take part," tournament spokesman Michael D'Arcy said.

"Celtic are currently in the driving seat, but we will have to wait until the end of the season to see what happens.

"Discussions are taking place with both clubs, but nothing has been contracted. I believe both clubs are talking it over with their head coaches before making any decision."

So far, Real Madrid, Juventus, Porto, Lyon, Copa Libertadores champions Liga de Quito from Ecuador, and Al Ittihad from Saudi Arabia have all reportedly confirmed their participation.

It is the first time the tournament will be played in Europe, having previously been held in South Korea. The games will be held at five venues: Jerez, Malaga, Huelva, Madrid and Seville.

The first club from each group will qualify for the semi-finals, with the final taking place in Seville on August 2.

Seems interesting enough...

T Fearon

There'll not be much peace about if the Huns invade...ask the citizens of Manchester

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on February 19, 2009, 12:07:39 PM
There'll not be much peace about if the Huns invade...ask the citizens of Manchester

for this reason alone I'd not expect the winners of the spl to be invited - in case huns won it,
unless the organisers send a straight invite to Celtic to participate.
Thats the ony way they will avoid riots and fights.
to be honest if Celtic go over I may take a weeks holiday out there as well , purely conincidently !

GDA
Celtic have enough decent players, its just gs doesnt seem to know how to pick them or coach them

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 19, 2009, 02:32:57 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on February 19, 2009, 12:07:39 PM

for this reason alone I'd not expect the winners of the spl to be invited - in case huns won it,
unless the organisers send a straight invite to Celtic to participate.
Thats the ony way they will avoid riots and fights.
to be honest if Celtic go over I may take a weeks holiday out there as well , purely conincidently !

GDA
Celtic have enough decent players, its just gs doesnt seem to know how to pick them or coach them

You'll not find me disagreeing with you re: Strachan's tactical choices.

Big match this weekend, Huns will probably go top on Saturday so a win on Sunday is vital, also for morale.
Tbc....