Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

under the bar

QuoteAs for McGinn, they must be running them into the ground before letting them train with the first team as this appears to be what they've done with McCourt who apparently was doing some amount of boking in his first few training session!

Can you imagine how sh*t physical shape McGinn & McCourt would be arriving at Parkhead?  Even in the premiership WGS was considered one of the hardest managers re physical-conditioning.   I'm no expert but am told that the effort required to get from 95% fit to 100% fit in top flight football is super-human. 

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: nifan on February 11, 2009, 06:40:55 PM
Quote from: Tommy Tight Lips on February 11, 2009, 06:24:52 PMapparently mcginn hasnt trained with the first team squad yet.

disappointing, but McCourt has had to wait to get to the position where (hopefully) he will get some game time.

You going to start supporting the hoops nifan?
Tbc....

nifan

I dont think ill "support" them - i still hope every year for a non old firm winner, usually hibs lately cos of NI players, but motherwell now for craigan.
Certainly when the boys are in the team ill have a soft spot for them - ive been a fan of McCourt from our youth teams when he was there.

lynchbhoy

Anyone see the Irish match last nigh?
I only caught the last 25 mins, McGeady looked very steady and a real team player with his tackling, passing , beng an outlet,not giving the ball away cheaply and trying to create (but not force it)
but after the game Giles and Dunphy were in raptures about him.
Was he that good beforehand.
From what I saw McGeady showed the 'other' side of his talent, but still needs to bring this and his wing raiding, attack piercing ability into his overall game and he will be an absolute Gem.

Hasnt been doing it for Celtic as much this season due to small injuries and then the fall outs with manager etc.

Still a lot to come from him I hope, he has the talent, just needs to put it all together , then consistently.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 12, 2009, 11:11:33 AM
Anyone see the Irish match last nigh?
I only caught the last 25 mins, McGeady looked very steady and a real team player with his tackling, passing , beng an outlet,not giving the ball away cheaply and trying to create (but not force it)
but after the game Giles and Dunphy were in raptures about him.
Was he that good beforehand.
From what I saw McGeady showed the 'other' side of his talent, but still needs to bring this and his wing raiding, attack piercing ability into his overall game and he will be an absolute Gem.

Hasnt been doing it for Celtic as much this season due to small injuries and then the fall outs with manager etc.

Still a lot to come from him I hope, he has the talent, just needs to put it all together , then consistently.

Aidaniho had a great game last night, did one fantastic run in the second half and made the keeper pull off a great save (alá Jinky) - agree he still has loads to improve, but that just shows what an absolutely outstanding talent the wee man is.
Tbc....

the colonel

mcgeady was by far the best man on the pitch, was really impressive and comes at a good time for him.

anyone got a spare ticket for sunday?
the difference between success and failure is energy

nifan

What position has McCourt played for celtic?
Last night he came on and was central (Johnson was kept right), and sitting in quite a defensive position.

Was a bit annoyed about the defensive position, he never got a chance to run at people which I was hoping would occur.

T Fearon

If Mc Geady could only deliver more telling crosses he would be up there with Ronaldo. Still he was brilliant last night, maybe big Artur should give him a cuff or two more often! ;D

Muzz

McCourt normally plays on the wing.

Any of you watch the Daily Huddle on Celtic TV.  Tosh McKinley was raving about him the other night.  Saying hes coming good and showing well in training and just feels a run in the team.

nifan

Quote from: Muzz on February 12, 2009, 01:14:23 PM
McCourt normally plays on the wing.

Any of you watch the Daily Huddle on Celtic TV.  Tosh McKinley was raving about him the other night.  Saying hes coming good and showing well in training and just feels a run in the team.

Yeah - thats his usual position.
Was wondering if celtic had been using him more central, but seems it was just Worthington deciding to keep someone in the centre.

T Fearon

Back over for the St Mirren game on Feb 28th? Does anyone else on this thread actually go and support the team apart from me?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on February 12, 2009, 02:20:04 PM
Back over for the St Mirren game on Feb 28th? Does anyone else on this thread actually go and support the team apart from me?
yes, but not recently due to a couple of things

Muzz

Normally go to the away games.  Sister lives in Edinburgh so attend those games when I can.  Havent been to Parkhead this season yet.  Suppose if we could all get the amount of free trips you get we could afford it :-)

Probably will attend CIS cup final too.  Just awaiting confirmation of my ticket.  If anyone has any spare give me a shout.

T Fearon

Could we not form a supporters club, Like the "Paddy Mc Court GAA Discussion Board Celtic Supporters Club" or soemthing?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Yes I'm heading over for the Buddies match as well.
Tbc....