Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

under the bar

I disagree that the league is now decided.  Back when both Rangers & Celtic rarely dropped points oither than against one another this might have been the case.  However there's still 2 OF games to play and both teams are poor enough to drop lots of points against the other teams.  Don't forget Celtic dropped 7 points in the last 4 games in 2005.

Clown

lynchbhoy lets give credit were it is due, we cant criticise strachan for his record at ibrox and then when we do win put it all down to luck
celtic went out with a gameplan, instead of being bullied like they hav been at ibrox in recent years brown hartley and robson dominated midfield and the 2 centrebacks won everything in the air
apart from one good chance rangers were restricted to high hopeful balls all day

clarshack

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 27, 2008, 11:46:50 PM
this game was an irish league game with 1000 times the crowd ! absolute dogs dung to watch, 1 chance each. I know that that match ttoday in Glasgow meant more than xmas day but it was cruel.

good win for celtic on saturday and i'll have to eat some humble pie regarding WGS. still a long way to go yet though!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Clown on December 29, 2008, 01:40:20 PM
lynchbhoy lets give credit were it is due, we cant criticise strachan for his record at ibrox and then when we do win put it all down to luck
celtic went out with a gameplan, instead of being bullied like they hav been at ibrox in recent years brown hartley and robson dominated midfield and the 2 centrebacks won everything in the air
apart from one good chance rangers were restricted to high hopeful balls all day
you could give credit to strachan over this, but any centre half shoul dbe able to defend against high hopeful ball into the penalty area all day, esp when pitted against dwarf like miller and 'I dont do headers' boyd.

its the failure to improve on tactical approach and style of play since artmedia bratislava , most CL games and every other spl game that would worry me.
putting gary caldwell in to anchor the midfield is a master stroke of the hari kiri kind.
Far better designated midfielders on the bench in order to make this move shows up strachans over reliance on certain players and his lack of confidence in his own purchases and lack of creativity and balls - all in one go !
I am not anti strachan for the sake of it, just dont see a tactical improvement. Plus he is consistently falling out with players and is virtually pushing mcgeady out of the club - like he did to many others - Mulgrew, graveson, jarosik now aiden - all lads who had big game potential.

look at rangers and tell me they are not sihte !

under the bar

QuotePlus he is consistently falling out with players and is virtually pushing mcgeady out of the club - like he did to many others - Mulgrew, graveson, jarosik now aiden - all lads who had big game potential.

Gravenson and Jarosik were given every opportunity to prove themselves and consistently failed.   Graveson then did a Bobo on it an prefered to be overpaid & train with the reserves than be transferred.   Glad to see the back of him

Myles Na G.

Quote from: under the bar on December 31, 2008, 01:07:37 PM
QuotePlus he is consistently falling out with players and is virtually pushing mcgeady out of the club - like he did to many others - Mulgrew, graveson, jarosik now aiden - all lads who had big game potential.

Gravenson and Jarosik were given every opportunity to prove themselves and consistently failed.   Graveson then did a Bobo on it an prefered to be overpaid & train with the reserves than be transferred.   Glad to see the back of him
Jarosik wasn't a bad player for Celtic, IMO, but agree with you on Graveson. As far as McGeady's concerned, he has to learn to wind his neck in. It's not just Strachan he's fallen out with. He used to row with Tommy Burns on a regular basis when he was coming through as a youth / reserve player. His problem is that he thinks he knows better than everyone else, including the manager. He got a bollocking from Strachan for not following instructions and he bit back, in front of other players. Strachan had no choice but to suspend him.

Clown

QuotePosted by: lynchbhoy 

you could give credit to strachan over this, but any centre half shoul dbe able to defend against high hopeful ball into the penalty area all day, esp when pitted against dwarf like miller and 'I dont do headers' boyd.

its the failure to improve on tactical approach and style of play since artmedia bratislava , most CL games and every other spl game that would worry me.
putting gary caldwell in to anchor the midfield is a master stroke of the hari kiri kind.
Far better designated midfielders on the bench in order to make this move shows up strachans over reliance on certain players and his lack of confidence in his own purchases and lack of creativity and balls - all in one go !
I am not anti strachan for the sake of it, just dont see a tactical improvement. Plus he is consistently falling out with players and is virtually pushing mcgeady out of the club - like he did to many others - Mulgrew, graveson, jarosik now aiden - all lads who had big game potential.

surely by qualifying celtic for the last 16 2 years running, beating man united at home and ac milan at home was a tactical improvement on artmedia bratislava?

charlie mulgrew big game potential?? is that why he failed at wolves and is now at a mediocre SPL club?
Jiri Jarosik was never seen as anything near a good player for the hoops, i was glad to see the back off him
Gravesens performances never matched up to the hype when he signed, he had enough chances and did nothing apart from a goal at ibrox and hat trick away to st mirren

yes rangers are shite, but they did reach a UEFA cup final last season ( a feat which when Celtic did it under O'Neill in 03 was seen as a remarkable achievement) and in strachans first season the huns reached the CL last 16 so they hav been a hard team to beat by a lot of good european sides

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Clown on December 31, 2008, 01:38:59 PM

surely by qualifying celtic for the last 16 2 years running, beating man united at home and ac milan at home was a tactical improvement on artmedia bratislava?

charlie mulgrew big game potential?? is that why he failed at wolves and is now at a mediocre SPL club?
Jiri Jarosik was never seen as anything near a good player for the hoops, i was glad to see the back off him
Gravesens performances never matched up to the hype when he signed, he had enough chances and did nothing apart from a goal at ibrox and hat trick away to st mirren

yes rangers are shite, but they did reach a UEFA cup final last season ( a feat which when Celtic did it under O'Neill in 03 was seen as a remarkable achievement) and in strachans first season the huns reached the CL last 16 so they hav been a hard team to beat by a lot of good european sides
We will be agreeing to disagree I reckon.

Mulgrew was in the same boat as mcgeady and liam miller - a young lad with great potential - see what happened when mcgeady stayed and the other two went....they didnt get the game time and lost their way. The reports coming out of CP at that stage was that mulgrew was going to be a superb player, he was proving it when he went to dundee utd on loan and was playing fantastically well for them , scoring goals from LB, creating goals and they tried to sign him. Celtic took him back and he fell foul off wee gingers tantrums. Once he was punted it was obv where his career was going.
Graveson was an established midfield genius. Jarosik was too but couldnt get into that multi zillion pound Chelsea side - no shame there- he was played out of position by strrachan - more tactical mistakes- and played in a pattern that didnt suit his pass and move football.He often did click with mcgeady and nakamura but once you keep changing formations and positions, its hard to gel. Had fantastic potential, but never under a team with gs as manager.

its miraculous that rangers got to the uefa cup final - though in reality what good teams did they beat on the way ? thats it, none.
Also their non-soccer approach, and playing on the break was great tactically, hid their weaknesses and allowed them to win through.
Again smith is a better tactician, but is limited also, he knows this and is the reason why he is calling for the atlantic league, as rangers are skint and he knows he needs money to 'buy' another team.

honestly , have you seen tactical improvements since artmedia bratislava?
I try to see them and hope there are there, but then looking at the moves like caldwell to midfield and the formation fiasco in the 4-2 home loss to rangers, plus taking off mizuno and wrecking the balance of the side against rangers putting naylor in left midfield (wasnt punished as rangers elected to hoof the ball route one and not making Celtic pay for this glaring mistake and weak point).
Keep watching the team selections and moves such as the naylor/mizuno/odea one last sat and come back and tell me gs has improved.
The spl and most def the CL are not the places you should be learning your (tactical) trade as a soccer manager !

Clown

we're gonna hav to agree to disagree i think too

all managers hav differences with certain players, its results and trophies that they are judged on in the end
i still wudnt hav had jarosik in any celtic starting XI

happy new year to all hoops!

under the bar

QuoteAs far as McGeady's concerned, he has to learn to wind his neck in. It's not just Strachan he's fallen out with. He used to row with Tommy Burns on a regular basis when he was coming through as a youth / reserve player. His problem is that he thinks he knows better than everyone else, including the manager. He got a bollocking from Strachan for not following instructions and he bit back, in front of other players. Strachan had no choice but to suspend him.

McGeady's problem is that he's exactly like what Strachan at that age, a hateful, spoilt wee sh*t who thinks he knows it all.

the milkman

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 31, 2008, 01:56:50 PM
Quote from: Clown on December 31, 2008, 01:38:59 PM

We will be agreeing to disagree I reckon.

Mulgrew was in the same boat as mcgeady and liam miller - a young lad with great potential - see what happened when mcgeady stayed and the other two went....they didnt get the game time and lost their way. The reports coming out of CP at that stage was that mulgrew was going to be a superb player, he was proving it when he went to dundee utd on loan and was playing fantastically well for them , scoring goals from LB, creating goals and they tried to sign him. Celtic took him back and he fell foul off wee gingers tantrums. Once he was punted it was obv where his career was going.
Graveson was an established midfield genius. Jarosik was too but couldnt get into that multi zillion pound Chelsea side - no shame there- he was played out of position by strrachan - more tactical mistakes- and played in a pattern that didnt suit his pass and move football.He often did click with mcgeady and nakamura but once you keep changing formations and positions, its hard to gel. Had fantastic potential, but never under a team with gs as manager.

its miraculous that rangers got to the uefa cup final - though in reality what good teams did they beat on the way ? thats it, none.
Also their non-soccer approach, and playing on the break was great tactically, hid their weaknesses and allowed them to win through.
Again smith is a better tactician, but is limited also, he knows this and is the reason why he is calling for the atlantic league, as rangers are skint and he knows he needs money to 'buy' another team.

honestly , have you seen tactical improvements since artmedia bratislava?
I try to see them and hope there are there, but then looking at the moves like caldwell to midfield and the formation fiasco in the 4-2 home loss to rangers, plus taking off mizuno and wrecking the balance of the side against rangers putting naylor in left midfield (wasnt punished as rangers elected to hoof the ball route one and not making Celtic pay for this glaring mistake and weak point).
Keep watching the team selections and moves such as the naylor/mizuno/odea one last sat and come back and tell me gs has improved.
The spl and most def the CL are not the places you should be learning your (tactical) trade as a soccer manager !

You keep saying that by taking off Mizuno that it upset the balance of the team?? but i thought that the last 30mins of the game were prob the easiest of the game for Celtic, just soaked up the pressure and hit on the break.

Myles Na G.

McGeady not even on the bench today. Think he's on his way.

Rav67

Very petty to not have Aiden on the bench after telling the press that he was fit and available.  Not commenting on his managerial capabilities but it shows what a wee shit Strachan is, it was designed to humiliate as was his dealings with other players, Alan Thompson in particular always sticks in my mind.

Watched a bit of the game on justintv although the streaming was very poor.  How Lee Naylor is still playing on a near-regular basis never fails to astound me.  He wouldn't get a game in the English Championship for any team.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Rav67 on January 03, 2009, 05:47:29 PM
Very petty to not have Aiden on the bench after telling the press that he was fit and available.  Not commenting on his managerial capabilities but it shows what a wee shit Strachan is, it was designed to humiliate as was his dealings with other players, Alan Thompson in particular always sticks in my mind.

Watched a bit of the game on justintv although the streaming was very poor.  How Lee Naylor is still playing on a near-regular basis never fails to astound me.  He wouldn't get a game in the English Championship for any team.
Either he's showing McGeady who the boss is, or else McGeady is in the process of tying up a move out, in which case the other club don't want him playing and risking injury.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 03, 2009, 05:57:10 PM
Quote from: Rav67 on January 03, 2009, 05:47:29 PM

Either he's showing McGeady who the boss is, or else McGeady is in the process of tying up a move out, in which case the other club don't want him playing and risking injury.
I woudl say all of the above..

wee ginger has demonstrated his outstanding tactical and man management abilities all in one day today !
::)