?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

carribbear

Quote from: Rav67 on December 15, 2008, 09:33:23 PM
I joined it but haven't got around to making a post yet.  :)

What you think of today's big story re McGeady and Strachan?  I personally would be gutted to see McGeady leave, he's been fairly poor this season but there's no chance we'd sign a better replacement and its great having a proper fan like him playing who basically embodies the club.

Looks as if Strachan is trying to force Aiden out of the club...I think he was hoping to cement a place for Maloney in the team at Aiden's expence.

I am not happy about that to be honest, talk of Andrew Driver being a replacement would also not be a good idea, i'm surprised by the suggestion as Driver isn't scottish not plays for Hibs..but I suppose it is Edinburgh...

Rav67

Quote from: carribbear on December 15, 2008, 10:42:24 PM

What you think of today's big story re McGeady and Strachan?  I personally would be gutted to see McGeady leave, he's been fairly poor this season but there's no chance we'd sign a better replacement and its great having a proper fan like him playing who basically embodies the club.

Looks as if Strachan is trying to force Aiden out of the club...I think he was hoping to cement a place for Maloney in the team at Aiden's expence.

I am not happy about that to be honest, talk of Andrew Driver being a replacement would also not be a good idea, i'm surprised by the suggestion as Driver isn't scottish not plays for Hibs..but I suppose it is Edinburgh...

Derry appear to be the new Hibs at the minute. :-\  I don't think he'd sign a replacement considering there's a lot of wingers there now as well as central midfielders who he's played on the wing before.  He obviously doesn't like McGeady and is trying to force him out by picking on him.  This is something that many managers do but if he's held responsible for McGeady leaving then WGS's Celtic career would be on borrowed time.

carribbear

Quote from: Rav67 on December 15, 2008, 11:40:25 PM
Quote from: carribbear on December 15, 2008, 10:42:24 PM

Derry appear to be the new Hibs at the minute. :-\  I don't think he'd sign a replacement considering there's a lot of wingers there now as well as central midfielders who he's played on the wing before.  He obviously doesn't like McGeady and is trying to force him out by picking on him.  This is something that many managers do but if he's held responsible for McGeady leaving then WGS's Celtic career would be on borrowed time.

He obviously thinks that winning a 3rd title will mean the celtic fans will forgive him for selling one of their own....
He's on borrowed time as it is, even after the last 2 years...

lynchbhoy

if he sells mcgeady then gs is going to get some stick.
Celtic fans will never forgive him.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tommy Burns (God bless him) acted as go between, with WGS and Aidan, hopefully WGS goes before Aidan.
The Czech players agent is doing his job atm, raise the ante between teams and hopefully the price will go up.
I'm hoping that McGinn turns out to be as good a player as his talents seem to indicate he will be - just hope that he arrives in a better state of fitness then Paddy did!

Blackburn post available - please go for it Gordon...
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Holy sweet f**k......... That wee ginger b**tard has suspended and fined Aidan for two weeks, he'll miss the Huns match!  >:(

All the talk is now that Aidinho will be gone by the end of Jan!  >:(
Tbc....

lfdown2

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on December 16, 2008, 04:49:42 PM
Holy sweet f**k......... That wee ginger b**tard has suspended and fined Aidan for two weeks, he'll miss the Huns match!  >:(

All the talk is now that Aidinho will be gone by the end of Jan!  >:(

get that **** out te f**k!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Clown

ive supported strachan until now. thats the end of our only top quality player
thats him out of the old firm, having said that he did get the blame for the last old firm defeat (allegedly) so strachan is by no means blameless in all this i wudnt think

not starting aiden in the first CL game this year cost us in the end. he wud maybe be better off moving on

T Fearon

Steady on lads, we don't know the full story here. For all his faults Strachan seems to be his own man and not swayed by what anyone thinks and he has delivered three in a row and two last 16s in the Champions League.

Big Jock fell out with practically every member of the 1967 team yet he wasn't criticised.

lfdown2

Quote from: T Fearon on December 16, 2008, 05:06:31 PM
Steady on lads, we don't know the full story here. For all his faults Strachan seems to be his own man and not swayed by what anyone thinks and he has delivered three in a row and two last 16s in the Champions League.

Big Jock fell out with practically every member of the 1967 team yet he wasn't criticised.

how the f**k can you even begin to compare the 2, 3 in a row with a terrible rangers team, and last 16 on the same 9 points which never delivered before, also this seasons champ league was a bad show, i see he has bought another derry city midfielder, strachan and jock????catch yourself on!

strachan is on borrowed time and another old firm defeat would go a long way to seeing him out the door!!

lynchbhoy

talk about shooting ourselves in the foot
strachan must go  - to blackburn or sunderland.

Celtic need a top quality manger who is not tactically inept in europe

clarshack

carribbear

The biscuit tin will be full to the brim of fivers and tenners once Aiden gets sold

I think we have a new version of this mentality at the minute, just about spend enough to keep in front of rangers, buy up any half decent footballers in scotland to take away from the other teams and keep getting in the CL money so no-one else can afford to buy.

I've said it years ago but Celtic Ltd seems to be the focus of the club these days, not the footballing end of things..why else would we be looking at pinniing hopes in the CL on a 19 year old Cavan lad up front, full backs that can't cross a ball and a poor centre half that is pushed into midfield and told he's Zidane.

T Fearon

Right lets get this straight, a player can abuse the manager and undermine his authority and be let off? Also the Board of Directors (and there are not too many mugs sitting on it) back the manager 100% in his decision to discipline the player?

Blinkers off lads. No player is bigger than the club and if the Board back Strachan on this then young Aiden must have stepped seriously out of line. Bigger and better players, such as Viduka, have been allowed to leave for serious breaches of discipline in the past.

On a lighter note I am reading Bertie Auld's biography currently and it is a great read. He describes how he smuggled his brother into his hotel room on the eve of the European Cup Final in Lisbon and let him stay there and the brother had to hide under the bed every time he heard big Jock coming up the corridor :D A great read and one I recommend

ONeill

Fearon's 100% on this. McGeady seems to be a disruptive influence, or perhaps just a bit mouthy. Didn't Lennon have problems with him as well?

Some will use this as fodder for the Strachen-Out campaign even though he has been their most successful manager since, well, as long as I can remember, probably the early 70s.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.