?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on December 11, 2008, 02:52:47 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 08, 2008, 03:44:19 PM
I'll say no more about caldwell. You know my opinion on him. I dont think its harsh at all.
Kennedy seems to have gotten better with time ....
he was a young untried unproven cb when he got selected for Scotland (no big deal there as they were and are sihte)
after his inj, people are saying they hope he gets back to as good as he was.
he was only a kid that was light years away from being actually any good tobe honest.
While I wish him well and hope he has a long and successful career, I dont think he was going to be much better than caldwell - unless he started being able to kick with his right foot as well. Way too one sided and soft imo.

Kennedy played an outstanding game for Celtic in the Nou Camp and due to being seriously injured shortly thereafter thats what he is remembered for. Bit like Ian Durrant who played some good games for Rangers in the late 80's and was then crocked against Aberdeen, and never managing to find consistent good form on his recovery saw the injury blamed for not realising his potential. I hope for Kennedy's sake he doesnt go the same way but he has plenty to prove.

As for Caldwell he was never a player I liked and his off the field antics make him instantly dislikable. Must be said though his performances in recent months have been very good and if maintained could see him head to a higher level.

LDA agree with you re Kennedy, but can you explain what is meant by the bit in bold?
Tbc....

southderryman

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on December 11, 2008, 10:53:43 AM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on December 11, 2008, 02:52:47 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 08, 2008, 03:44:19 PM
I'll say no more about caldwell. You know my opinion on him. I dont think its harsh at all.
Kennedy seems to have gotten better with time ....
he was a young untried unproven cb when he got selected for Scotland (no big deal there as they were and are sihte)
after his inj, people are saying they hope he gets back to as good as he was.
he was only a kid that was light years away from being actually any good tobe honest.
While I wish him well and hope he has a long and successful career, I dont think he was going to be much better than caldwell - unless he started being able to kick with his right foot as well. Way too one sided and soft imo.

Kennedy played an outstanding game for Celtic in the Nou Camp and due to being seriously injured shortly thereafter thats what he is remembered for. Bit like Ian Durrant who played some good games for Rangers in the late 80's and was then crocked against Aberdeen, and never managing to find consistent good form on his recovery saw the injury blamed for not realising his potential. I hope for Kennedy's sake he doesnt go the same way but he has plenty to prove.

As for Caldwell he was never a player I liked and his off the field antics make him instantly dislikable. Must be said though his performances in recent months have been very good and if maintained could see him head to a higher level.

LDA agree with you re Kennedy, but can you explain what is meant by the bit in bold?

a bit curious about that myself!?  ???

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Caldwell's wife and young baby were in hospital, the child was born premature and in a bad way, and at the same time he was caught sh*gging a cheerleader.

southderryman

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on December 11, 2008, 11:26:51 AM
Caldwell's wife and young baby were in hospital, the child was born premature and in a bad way, and at the same time he was caught sh*gging a cheerleader.

fcuk, never heard any mention of that at all  ???

lynchbhoy

I couldnt care less (other than to feel some empathy for the poor wife) about caldwell off field. On field he's bad enough to worry about.
Kennedy effectively was a one hit wonder and while a great 'prospect' was no more than this - Celtic have had bucket loads of great potential that never get fully realised.

Good result last night. No coincidence that a more balanced team played well, and actually looked like a good side at times.

Villareal may have had a second team out, but even then they were still better then aalborg.

Celtic will be kicking themselves as their poor showing (imo largely due to the manager, his tactics and his poor coaching - eg brutal marking at corners) cost them a place in the last 16.
Should have easily beat aalborg both times, they had the chances. Could have beaten villareal away - had the chances, shoul dhave at least drawn. Fecked up by conceding that undeserved late goal to man united.
Strachan is to blame,he gets it right some of the time, but is a very hit and miss kind of guy. Lacks consistency - like his teams.
Concentrate on the league now, beating a poor but very confident rangers side should be his priority now, but dispatching hearts first !

cavan4ever

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 11, 2008, 12:33:42 PM
I couldnt care less (other than to feel some empathy for the poor wife) about caldwell off field. On field he's bad enough to worry about.
Kennedy effectively was a one hit wonder and while a great 'prospect' was no more than this - Celtic have had bucket loads of great potential that never get fully realised.

Good result last night. No coincidence that a more balanced team played well, and actually looked like a good side at times.

Villareal may have had a second team out, but even then they were still better then aalborg.

Celtic will be kicking themselves as their poor showing (imo largely due to the manager, his tactics and his poor coaching - eg brutal marking at corners) cost them a place in the last 16.
Should have easily beat aalborg both times, they had the chances. Could have beaten villareal away - had the chances, shoul dhave at least drawn. Fecked up by conceding that undeserved late goal to man united.
Strachan is to blame,he gets it right some of the time, but is a very hit and miss kind of guy. Lacks consistency - like his teams.
Concentrate on the league now, beating a poor but very confident rangers side should be his priority now, but dispatching hearts first !

You can hardly blame strachan for players not taking their chances.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: cavan4ever on December 11, 2008, 12:37:21 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 11, 2008, 12:33:42 PM

You can hardly blame strachan for players not taking their chances.
but can blame the poor tactics, team selection and bad caoaching on him - some of which lead to lack of , or missing chances

carribbear

Quote from: lfdown2 on December 12, 2008, 05:44:09 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/7762250.stm

WTF is the Ginger **** at now?

Obviously not happy he has Pat McCourt sitting around on the bench, he wants another lad to warm it with him..

Join http://celtichuddle.proboards26.com

carribbear

Another poor result today, only bonus is that the Rangers are worse than Celtic....

clarshack

when was the last time celtic played well in a meaningful match? seems a long time ago now. a lot of the players could do with a kick up the hole.

carribbear

Rav - you coming over then mate - we're waiting for you :)

Rav67

I joined it but haven't got around to making a post yet.  :)

What you think of today's big story re McGeady and Strachan?  I personally would be gutted to see McGeady leave, he's been fairly poor this season but there's no chance we'd sign a better replacement and its great having a proper fan like him playing who basically embodies the club.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

carribbear

Does this mean that Lee Naylor might not play again?

Agent says Misun is Celtic-bound 

Czech left-back Milan Misun is set to sign for Celtic, according to the player's agent Ondrej Chovanec.

The 18-year-old, who has also been linked with AC Milan, trained with the Scottish Premier League leaders last week and could join from FK Pribram.

"It would be a great move for Milan," said Chovanec.

"The first round of negotiations lasted four hours with chief executive Peter Lawwell and another meeting should take place after the weekend."

Celtic have deployed Lee Naylor and Mark Wilson in the left-back position this season, but Wilson is a naturally right-footed defender.

"A group led by coach Gordon Strachan and football development manager John Park told us of their intention to sign Milan immediately," added Chovanec.

Misun was joined at Celtic's Lennoxtown training centre by FK Pribram team-mate Anton Fantis, but Celtic have put a possible moved for the 16-year-old on hold.