?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

mhacadoir

Quote from: magickingdom on November 26, 2008, 07:04:23 PM
celtics away record is beyond comprehension yet they can win the home games almost as regularly as losing the away games. its the mental approach thats letting them down, last night they could have won 3-0. they'd make you tear your hair out

Pretty much sums it up. Last night was a disaster. I dont blame the forwards, fair enough samaras missed a few but he wasn't fit. Should have been off at half time.

The excuse that we r out of our depth is ok for united say, but not last night. they weren't/aren't good. once they got the equaliser we panicked. again. i cant understand why caldwell, our best defender this year, is played in midfield in the role hartley plays, while hartley sits on the bench. loovens shouldn't have played in my opinion.

i am still absoloutely gutted about the result. UEFA cup should have been our ambition.

under the bar

7 points clear.  Nice cushion but title by no means within grasp just yet as both Old Firm teams are so sh*te they will drop loads of points between now and May to dross teams and are capable of turning one another over in thier own back yards

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: under the bar on November 30, 2008, 08:50:54 PM
7 points clear.  Nice cushion but title by no means within grasp just yet as both Old Firm teams are so sh*te they will drop loads of points between now and May to dross teams and are capable of turning one another over in thier own back yards

14 wins on the trot.
While I by no means think that the league is over, it's only ours to lose.
Would like a double or treble to ease the pain of the early European exit.
Tbc....

T Fearon

Good domestic run and shame about the UEFA. Watched the Huns and Hearts game on Saturday, has to be one of the poorest Huns teams of all time. After managing the likes of Luadrup, Gascoigne etc Smith must be tearing his hair out. Lafferty in particular looks a total tube, and to think Celtic almost signed him. If Celtic lose the league to that lot they'll want shooting. Not literally, of course ;D

Main Street

full back

Quote from: T Fearon on December 01, 2008, 04:09:49 PM
If Celtic lose the league to that lot they'll want shooting. Not literally, of course ;D

Oh fcuk..... :-X

Croí na hÉireann

A treble is now nearly a must after last week, would be great to do it again...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Rav67

Feckin flight got delayed for 9 hours because of fog and the Edinburgh flight was full so missed the match on Saturday.  I assume you had no problem with a ticket gaffer, heard there was only around 45,000 there although official attendance was over 55,000.

Gaffer

Got a ticket all right but I have to say it was a very poor game of football.

Really enjoyed the befores and afters but the game itself was very disappointing.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Orior

Quote from: Main Street on December 01, 2008, 04:12:12 PM
Isn't he referred to as Laugherty?

LOL. Would they be interested Healy? Which will Keane get more satisfaction from?

a) keeping Healy in the Sunderland reserves
b) off-loading the donkey to Celtics so-called rivals?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Looks like Naka's staying put until he can leave for free in June, pity, the 3 million Yokohama were going to pay for him would have been great, f**king credit crunch!

Got Dundee at Paradise in the 4th round of the Scottish cup, Huns got St Johnstone away.

Hail Hail
Tbc....

under the bar

QuoteLooks like Naka's staying put until he can leave for free in June, pity, the 3 million Yokohama were going to pay for him would have been great, f**king credit crunch!

They were offering £3mil with only 6 months on his contract?  Are you sure?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: under the bar on December 02, 2008, 01:54:56 PM
QuoteLooks like Naka's staying put until he can leave for free in June, pity, the 3 million Yokohama were going to pay for him would have been great, f**king credit crunch!

They were offering £3mil with only 6 months on his contract?  Are you sure?

According to BBC sport.

Nakamura's January exit on hold 

Nakamura wants to return to Japan for family reasons
Celtic's Shunsuke Nakamura will now stay with the Scottish champions until the end of the season.

Nakamura's agent Roberto Takuda left Glasgow on Monday after telling Celtic that Yokohama F Marinos will not now be submitting a bid for the 30-year-old.

Yokohama's parent company, Nissan, had raised a fee of around £3m in a bid to sign the Japan midfielder in January.

But, with the credit crunch hitting the automobile giants hard, they will wait until his contract expires in June.

Nakamura was widely expected to return to his homeland - and Yokohama F Marinos - in the New Year should Celtic exit European competition.

Last week's defeat to Aalborg meant that Celtic have not only failed to qualify from the group stages of the Champions League but also missed out on a parachute into the Uefa Cup.

And, with the J-League season beginning in March, January seemed like the right time to make the switch.

Nakamura signed for Celtic in the summer of 2005 and has been part of manager Gordon Strachan's three title-winning teams.

But, in recent months, the player has indicated that he wishes to return to Japan - and his first club - for the sake of his family and his international career.

It now seems certain that his departure will be delayed until the summer, when he will leave Celtic as a free agent.

A Celtic source has told BBC Sport that they are delighted the player will be available to help the club push for a fourth successive Scottith Premier League title.

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell had repeatedly said that he would prefer Nakamura to remain in Glasgow.

Tbc....

lfdown2

i would rather take a third of that in january than to let him go for free, with an abundance of midfielders i think it would make more sense and at times this season he has been little other than a passenger imo!

Main Street

I suppose the "family reasons" sorta resolved themselves when faced with a the reality of the rewards of being a free agent in June.