Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Over the Bar

QuotePeople on this thread are always quick to flag up any refereeing mistakes against Celtic so only fair to mention a very bad call on Sunday where Celtic were wrongly awarded a penalty for a foul which was clearly outside the box.

Don't worry.  Rangers have already had a meeting with the referees association and Rangers representative Hugh Dallas has assured the Ibrox club that they will now be awarded 2 penalites in line with the substantive agreement that is in place.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on November 17, 2008, 11:06:28 PM
People on this thread are always quick to flag up any refereeing mistakes against Celtic so only fair to mention a very bad call on Sunday where Celtic were wrongly awarded a penalty for a foul which was clearly outside the box. Very harsh on Accies who did enough to earn a point from the match.  Had the decision gone the other day there would be outcry on here.

Haven't seen the incident but from all accounts in Timspace it was nowhere near a penalty. In most leagues you get decisions like this for and against you, they usually even themselves out over the season, first time in ages one has gone for Celtic.

I would have more of an issue with Watty naming an assistant referee who gave an offside decision against them recently against Motherwell and further call his integrity into question by saying he allowed a Scott McDonald goal against Rearrangers last season. When was the last time you heard a manager name an actual linesman or assistant referee or whatever they're calling themselves these days? Tom Murphy was the linesman's name btw...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Over the Bar

QuoteI would have more of an issue with Watty naming an assistant referee who gave an offside decision against them recently against Motherwell and further call his integrity into question by saying he allowed a Scott McDonald goal against Rearrangers last season. When was the last time you heard a manager name an actual linesman or assistant referee or whatever they're calling themselves these days? Tom Murphy was the linesman's name btw...

To make matter worse the Scottish press en masse supported Smith while also damning the linesman in question.

T Fearon

Wattie wasn't as quick to point out Baptist Minister Mike Mc Curry's "mistakes" which gifted the huns three crucial points against Dundee Utd at the end of last season >:(

mylestheslasher

Just found out I am related to Cillian Shierdan. His Grandfather and mine were 1st cousins or something. I knew he got his talents from somewhere...

illdecide

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 21, 2008, 10:45:50 AM
Just found out I am related to Cillian Shierdan. His Grandfather and mine were 1st cousins or something. I knew he got his talents from somewhere...

Well i done his sister...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

the colonel

Quote from: illdecide on November 21, 2008, 11:09:09 AM

was she any use???
the difference between success and failure is energy

full back

Fcuk, I would pity that poor child
A mix of Cavan & a Lurganite :o

illdecide

Quote from: full back on November 21, 2008, 11:16:29 AM

Fcuk, I would pity that poor child
A mix of Cavan & a Lurganite :o

Well she's lucky i'm not from South Armagh or i'd have left her smelling of diesel...lol

the Deel Rover

Celtic 2 up against st mirren samaras and nakamura scored in the 64th and 66th minute
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 22, 2008, 02:04:39 PM
Celtic 2 up against st mirren samaras and nakamura scored in the 64th and 66th minute

Another cracker of a refereeing decision in favour of Celtic as well ;D.

the green man

I listened to the game on Radio Scotland. They seemed pretty annoyed that Boruc didnt get the line. I havent seen the challenge, so cant really comment on it. The way they were talking, it was a career threating tackle. Was it that bad?

Main Street

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Sorry lads, don't know why thais was locked!  :-[

Anyway more good green news:

Celtic midfielder Aiden McGeady has recovered from calf and knee problems to travel for the Champions League visit to Aalborg.

A decision will be taken on his fitness after training on Monday evening.

Striker Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, who has not played since injuring his groin against Hamilton last month, is also included in Gordon Strachan's squad.

Massimo Donati misses out with a broken toe but fellow midfielder Paul Hartley's ankle knock has improved.

Hartley picked up the injury on Scotland duty but was considered fit enough to take a place among the substitutes at St Mirren on Saturday.

Barry Robson played for an hour in the 3-1 win after recovering from a groin strain incurred in a Scotland training session ahead of last week's friendly with Argentina.

"It is a must-win game for us," said former Celtic skipper Lennon. "I think it will be a British style game.

"We are in good form and we want to get that monkey off our back in terms of winning away from home.

"We have plenty of attacking options and players capable of scoring a goal at any time.

"It is frustrating that qualifying is out of our hands but we have to get on and win this game and that is not a certainty by any means."

Tbc....

illdecide

check this out, hilarious!!!

"In 2003, Celtic's UEFA Cup final year, I went on a bus from Shawlands, Glasgow to the Celtic v Blackburn game at Ewood Park. We won 2-0 and wanted to celebrate after the match, so we asked the driver to take us to Blackpool. At first he refused and after we had a whip round and gave him 80 quid he agreed to take us for a few hours.

I can't remember the name of the pub, but we were in there a few hours, got a wee lock in an nat. Anyway, the driver came into the pub and told us to get ready to leave for Glasgow, we had five minutes.
We were well oiled and slowly and drunkenly made our way to the bus.

On the bus we were all getting comfy for a wee kip on the way home, when someone from the pub came running out shouting that we'd left one of the boys behind. We were all ignoring the driver's pleas to go and get him, so the driver and a few of the barstaff brought this 20 stone bear of a guy out of the pub. He was steamin' and well asleep. They huffed and puffed him onto the bus and laid him on the floor in the aisle between the seats.

We didn't really take much notice as we were pashed ourselves and trying to get a kip.

Thing is, the guy was snoring like a freacking train and about 10 miles north of Gretna my cousin Brian woke up asking what the heck the noise was.

As a few more of us woke up we looked at the lump of a guy on the floor. Some of the guys tried to wake him up but had no luck, then oor Brian said that the guy wasnae on the bus on the way down to Blackburn.

I was laughing ma ershe off and said that I hope he doesnae stay in Blackpool.

Anyway, one of the guys had a look for the guy's wallet to see if he had some ID on him. He found a driving license and it had an address in Hamilton on it. So we told the driver to drop him off.

When we got to the guy's house we had to drag him off the bus as he still wouldn't wake up. We managed to get his keys out his pocket and open his front door. We laid him on his couch and left his keys on the mantlepiece and left.

As we closed the front door behind us and we were walking down his drive one of his neighbours was coming in from the nightshift and she said. 'If you're looking for big Tam, he's away to Blackpool with the wife and kids for a fortnight.

Wonder what he did when he woke up?????? "