Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lfdown2 on November 03, 2008, 12:59:48 PM
last 9 goals from 9 different scorers!

caldwell for a brace!!

still waiting on the holy goalie to get one! every else has this season.  ;D
Tbc....

T Fearon

Where do you want to meet? I'll be in Glasgow at 9am in the morning

Illdecide, great news about the tickets!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on November 04, 2008, 08:51:06 AM
Where do you want to meet? I'll be in Glasgow at 9am in the morning

Illdecide, great news about the tickets!

Glasgow Celtic Supporters Club
1524 London Road
Glasgow
G31 4QA

0141-554 6242

Getting the HSS at 12.20 from Belfast, so should be in Glasgow at 4.30pm.
Happy enough meeting up with you lads, but will have to be round the ground or at the CSC on London Rd, only 10-15 mins from ground up the London rd - always fantastic atmosphere in there before a CL match, also always a good band playing.  ;) ;D
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Try this link for map of CSC.

Click on the first link.

<div id="MMEmbeddedMap" style="padding:8px"><iframe width="500" height="400" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://www.multimap.com/client/embed/?lat=55.845&lon=-4.19459&zoomFactor=15&dataPreferences=917&qs=1524 London Road, glasgow&emid=CMzOFnx4HSELhkzYsh7WkaZLYMtfLdys"></iframe><div><a href="http://www.multimap.com/maps/?lat=55.845&lon=-4.19459&zoomFactor=15">View map of Rutherglen, South Lanarkshire,  Scotland, UK</a> on Multimap.com<br /><a href="http://www.multimap.com/maps/?lat=55.845&lon=-4.19459&zoomFactor=15&mapType=oblique">Bird's Eye view of Rutherglen, South Lanarkshire,  Scotland, UK</a><br />Get directions <a href="http://www.multimap.com/directions/?lat_2=55.845&lon_2=-4.19459&countryCode_2=GB&displayName_2=Rutherglen, South Lanarkshire,  Scotland&qs_2=Rutherglen, South Lanarkshire,  Scotland">to</a> or <a href="http://www.multimap.com/directions/?lat_1=55.845&lon_1=-4.19459&countryCode_1=GB&displayName_1=Rutherglen, South Lanarkshire,  Scotland&qs_1=Rutherglen, South Lanarkshire,  Scotland">from</a> Rutherglen, South Lanarkshire,  Scotland, UK</div></div>
Tbc....

mhacadoir

Quote from: Clown on November 02, 2008, 06:52:29 PM
anyone know the new chant the celtic fans were singing today at tynecastle

it sounded like the tune of yankee doodle came to town riding on a pony  ;D

is that the glasgow celtic champions one? that has been sang for a good few seasons now

T Fearon

Jaysus, GD, I though Celtic Park was the only building left standing on the London Road?

Illdecide, get yourself round to the Lisbon Lions (to the right of the front of the stadium from London Road) wall and see if you can find the brick with my name and County on it. It still takes me a good 5- 10 minutes every time. ;D

Lads, Jury's in the City Centre is a more sedate place for a pint after the game and the atmosphere there after the last Man Ure game was something else. A lot of lads skipped bed and went straight from bar to breakfast

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on November 04, 2008, 10:46:33 AM
Jaysus, GD, I though Celtic Park was the only building left standing on the London Road?

Illdecide, get yourself round to the Lisbon Lions (to the right of the front of the stadium from London Road) wall and see if you can find the brick with my name and County on it. It still takes me a good 5- 10 minutes every time. ;D

Lads, Jury's in the City Centre is a more sedate place for a pint after the game and the atmosphere there after the last Man Ure game was something else. A lot of lads skipped bed and went straight from bar to breakfast

Nah Tone, I'm bussing it so 3 hours drinking before the match in the CSC then away straight after the game. So it'll be the CSC for us.
Tbc....

T Fearon

3 hours boozing before the game? FFS I'd be comatose!

PS Best of luck with the weather and the boat tomorrow. I still have nightmares about November 2006 :o

ludermor

Anyone see sky sports news last night when they said the Celtic will playing young Irish player Cillian Sheridan (pronouncing it like window cill) cringing stuff!

bennydorano

Planning a weekend sometime early in the new year, are there any games down for a Saturday that will not be moved to accomodate Setanta?

T Fearon

You cant be sure until nearer the time. I love the Sunday 12.30pm kick offs, easyjet flight from Belfast at 9.00am has you there in good time, flight home around 8pm, which gives you a few hours after the game in the city centre, and providing you get in early the flights are cheap.The plus point is that Celtic tickets are usually easy enough to get anytime,apart from matches with Rangers

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Celtic v Man Utd 
Uefa Champions League, Group E
Venue: Celtic Park Date: Wednesday 5 November Kick-off: 1945 GMT Coverage: Live on Sky Sports 2, live text commentary on BBC Website, plus video of 5 Live Final Score (UK only)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United defender Wes Brown is unlikely to face Celtic in their Champions League Group E on Wednesday because of an ankle injury.

Brown missed United's last two games and was not at training on Tuesday.

Gary Neville or Rafael Da Silva will deputise at right-back, while midfielders Owen Hargreaves and Paul Scholes remain long-term absentees.

Celtic, beaten 3-0 at Old Trafford in October, need a win to maintain their hopes of reaching the knockout stages.

Another win for United would send them into the last 16 with two games to spare if Aab Aalborg fail to beat Villarreal. A draw would also be enough if the Spaniards win.

Gordon Strachan's team will need to improve dramatically on their performance at Old Trafford, when two goals from Dimitar Berbatov and one from Wayne Rooney swept the Premier League champions to an emphatic victory.

Celtic have lost only one of their last 11 home Champions League games but they are yet to score in three matches this season and United are yet to concede.

However, the Scottish side can take heart from seeing Hull score three goals in a 4-3 Premier League defeat on Saturday.

And Strachan also said people should not read too much into his side's defeat at Old Trafford.

"We didn't play as well as would have liked but Man United are probably the best team in the world," he said.

"Everyone who goes there, who has spent more money than us, has got a right tonking there. We got beat 3-0 but two of the goals were offside so it's not as bad as people have been making out."

Teams to follow.

Hail Hail
Tbc....

T Fearon

http://www.celticfc.net/news/stories/news_041108103846.aspx

A bit of pre match cultural entertainment as well ;D

How well do you know your Celtic? Who is credited with writing the Hail Hail Song (no looking up the answer all true Celts will know this one)

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on November 04, 2008, 03:30:26 PM
How well do you know your Celtic? Who is credited with writing the Hail Hail Song
Chuck Berry ? :D