?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

good first half, ok defending
second half , started to get nervous and retreated back too far and allowed villareal space to pass the ball about.
if you looked at how villareal pressed and denied space and also didnt retreat back to their 18 yard box, you see the difference in the mentality of how both teams defend (ok Celtic didnt do that in the first half - which is why they looked comfortable).

Celts should have scored four golden opportunities. they were fare more clear cut than the chances villareal had.

I think the team did ok apart from how they set themselves out in the last 30 mins.
If they had taken one of those fantastic goal chances, then it was a good point won.

Was reasonably happy with the potential and the first half. Esp when starting to create goal chances.

Plenty of coaching to do to the side. Will gs be capable of altering and strengthing the mindset though?

EC Unique

Celtic are starting to look like handy points for UTD. Fergie will be able to give a few of the young lads a run out :D :D

T Fearon

Defeat but one of the better away performances against a quality side. Mc Donald's volley was superb and deserved a goal. How did Samaras miss that sitter? I honestly feel we can get the draw at legoland in Manchester which will set up two fantastic nights in Paradise against Man Ure and Villareal and I believe we can gain 3 points away to Aalborg.

In any event, another run in the UEFA Cup would do no harm. After all if the Huns can reach the Final why can't we do at least the same? Better than bowing out at the last 16 stage of the Champions League any way?

Rav67

I'd honestly rather get to lat 16 than be beaten final of the UEFA Cup, you have to win the UEFA for any real prestige the way the torunaments are now.

Decent performance last night, especially from the 2 centre-halves, Brown, Maloney (1st half), and Boruc and Sammy were pretty good too.  McGeady was pish though amd how Naylor is still playing at that level I cannot comprehend.  Any time the ball was given to him it was a certainty possession was going to be conceded straight away.  We should definitely go for that formation for away games in Europe though with Naka in the centre as he's the best at keeping the ball.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Rav67 on October 01, 2008, 05:41:27 PM
I'd honestly rather get to lat 16 than be beaten final of the UEFA Cup, you have to win the UEFA for any real prestige the way the torunaments are now.

Decent performance last night, especially from the 2 centre-halves, Brown, Maloney (1st half), and Boruc and Sammy were pretty good too.  McGeady was pish though amd how Naylor is still playing at that level I cannot comprehend.  Any time the ball was given to him it was a certainty possession was going to be conceded straight away.  We should definitely go for that formation for away games in Europe though with Naka in the centre as he's the best at keeping the ball.
maloney cant even fecking pass the ball 5 yards let alone cross
he went missing and left a shaky naylor wide open
no beter than he was before he left CP.
no use and too wee and weak.

carribbear

Whats that Alex Ferguson said?

"You don't win anything with midgets"

T Fearon

Lads, I feel that I should give you fair and adequate notice that I have been selected as the subject of  the "What Celtic means to me" weekly feature in the Celtic View. ;D

More details forthcoming, I don't want anyone to miss this ;D

lfdown2

Quote from: Rav67 on October 01, 2008, 05:41:27 PM

??? ??? ???

fred the red

Quote from: T Fearon on October 02, 2008, 01:23:44 PM
Lads, I feel that I should give you fair and adequate notice that I have been selected as the subject of  the "What Celtic means to me" weekly feature in the Celtic View. ;D

More details forthcoming, I don't want anyone to miss this ;D

is it gonna be a double page spread?

T Fearon

lynchbhoy

T Fearon

It will be , I've poured my heart out on this one.

By the way, not on the same feature, but there's a great interview with Rod Stewart in this week's View.He really is a dyed in the wool Celt and the sincerity comes across very well.

Croí na hÉireann

Did u tell them it means more than supporting Spuds? I think I know the answer to that question...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

The Real Laoislad

Punters bet on football legend Gazza's death

It may be a grave situation, but for many punters it's a dead cert - members of an internet fan forum are taking bets on when England football legend Paul Gascoigne is going to die.

Gascoigne, known to millions as Gazza, has had very public issues with alcohol and mental health problems since he quit the game.

But now, supporters of Scottish club Celtic - the bitter rivals of Rangers, a club Gazza once played for - have invented a sinister betting game when participants can guess the time of his death. The game appeared on the 'Huddleboard' website after the latest lurid story involving Gazza, who once took centre stage at World Cup 90 and Euro 96, reported that he had drunk a bottle of whiskey for breakfast.

The British 'Daily Star' newspaper published some of the bets being taken:

Benedicts11 wrote: "I give him three months," while MartyBhoy believed it would be "nine months". AyrshireCSC said: "On the Queen's birthday. They can both go. What a day that would be!"

Why is Gascoigne such a target for Celtic fans? Well, not only did he star for Rangers, but he is also English.

While the Celtic fans giggle over the betting, Gazza's nearest and dearest are understandably shocked. A friend told the Daily Star: "It's unbelievable. He [Paul] has gone through a rough time, as everyone knows. That's really kicking a man when he's down. Paul needs support, not sick b*****ds who want to push him into an early grave. I hope they rot in hell."

Classy  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rav67

Thehuddleboard is full of immature wankers so that doesn't surprise me.

About Maloney, I thought he stretched them in the 1st half but was anonymous in the 2nd which was why he got subbed.

Tony- how'd you get that gig anyway?  I'm in Bournemouth so nowhere round here will be selling the View, I'll get someone at home to buy it though.  When will that edition be in all reputable newsagents?