Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Good interview with Skippy in the current edition of the Champions League magazine. He doesn't like being called Skippy by the way ;D

dublinfella

Quote from: carribbear on September 11, 2008, 03:06:08 AM
Looking for a Celtic Web board with a GAA slant and no anti-irish rhetoric ? Take a look and if you like join up below

http://celtichuddle.proboards26.com

always decent craic and decent folk...

why would a criteria for picking a soccer forum be 'a GAA slant'?

Main Street

Only you mentioned "criteria".
Are you trolling here dublinfella?

dublinfella

Quote from: Main Street on September 12, 2008, 01:27:35 PM

no. why would a 'GAA slant' be a reason to go to a soccer forum?

carribbear

Means we aren't exclusively soccerheads.....i spend more time talking about girls personally.....but its anything goes...
Used to be on a different celtic board until they popped their heads up with some anti-irish bile along with some very intolerant postings so went ahead and created the CHB..

You coming over dublinfella? ;)

Main Street

Quote from: dublinfella on September 12, 2008, 01:29:38 PM

A slant is radically different than a criteria.

This is a GAA board with a Celtic thread in General Discussion
You can work it out for yourself why a GAA slant might be attractive for a member here.

dublinfella

Quote from: carribbear on September 12, 2008, 01:43:01 PM
Means we aren't exclusively soccerheads.....i spend more time talking about girls personally.....but its anything goes...
Used to be on a different celtic board until they popped their heads up with some anti-irish bile along with some very intolerant postings so went ahead and created the CHB..

You coming over dublinfella? ;)

Will give it a look. What was the Celtic forum with " anti-irish bile"?  ???

carribbear

Quote from: Main Street on September 12, 2008, 01:55:32 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on September 12, 2008, 01:29:38 PM

A slant is radically different than a criteria.

This is a GAA board with a Celtic thread in General Discussion
You can work it out for yourself why a GAA slant might be attractive for a member here.

Exactly....We have scottish and other non-irish members who have no interest in GAA, the common thread between us is Celtic.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Ah jezuz, the nerves are starting already!  ;D

Celtic v AaB Aalborg 

Venue: Celtic Park Date: Wednesday, 17 September Kick-off: 1945 BST Coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio Scotland & BBC Radio Five Live

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celtic are at full strength as they embark on the group campaign 

Celtic midfielder Paul Hartley has recovered from a neck injury to take his place in the squad for Wednesday's Champions League Group E opener.

Defender Mark Wilson has shrugged off a knee injury and striker Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink returns from suspension.

However, the Dutch striker missed training on Tuesday to be with his pregnant wife.

Aalborg defender Kasper Bogelund has been ruled out of the match with a hamstring injury.

Celtic have taken maximum points from all of their home games in the group stages over the last two seasons but they are yet to win an opening fixture in the tournament.

"We have seen a lot of good things from Aalborg even though they are not top of the league at the moment "
Gordon Strachan

The home side will be strong favourites to break that bad run and manager Gordon Strachan will be looking for his attack to open up an Aalborg side which is struggling domestically.

"(Shunsuke) Nakamura, (Aiden) McGeady, (Shaun) Maloney and people like that have proved that we need these kind of players to be big and perform one or two individual pieces of magic on European nights, because most European ties are decided by magical pieces of football from top players," said Strachan.

"The best players in the world play in this competition, so normally good players decide games.

"If you look at Barcelona last season, Lionel Messi decided what the the tie was going to be, he decided he was going to score goals and beat people at will.

"So hopefully, again, good players will decide the games and hopefully our good players will play well."

Strachan also played down the Danes' underdog status, pointing out that last season Celtic were lucky to escape from their trip to play fourth seeds Shakhtar Donetsk with only a 2-0 defeat, before struggling to beat the Ukraine side 2-1 at Parkhead.

"We had the fourth seeds in Shakhtar Donetsk last season and everyone saw how good they were," he added.

"Aalborg will think that because they are playing against the third seeds in us, that it's probably their best chance of getting an away win.

"So I'm sure both sides will be positive and try to get a victory."

Strachan added: "We have seen a lot of good things from Aalborg even though they are not top of the league at the moment.

"They finished the second half well at the weekend and I know a cup competition is completely different from the league, it is a great leveller.

"They are a bit different from the Danish side we played two seasons ago, FC Copenhagen.

"They were physically bigger than Aalborg but Aalborg move the ball about a bit quicker.

"So they are two different styles but this will be hard, like it was against Copenhagen."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celtic (from): Boruc, Wilson, Caldwell, McManus, Hinkel, Naylor, Robson, Crosas, Nakamura, Hartley, S Brown, Maloney, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Samaras, McDonald, Sheridan, M Brown, McGeady, Loovens, Donati, Caddis.

Tbc....

Main Street

Is it likely to be Maloney starting instead of McGeady?

clarshack

i have a real bad feeling about this game. theres too much complacency over Alborg. think celtic could get done over tonight - a bit like the rangers game.

T Fearon

Can't see it. The frenetic crowd and atmosphere wont allow it. I think Man Ure could struggle with Villareal though

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Main Street on September 17, 2008, 12:25:49 PM
Is it likely to be Maloney starting instead of McGeady?

Would have thought that WGS would start with both and leave Naka on the bench.

Quote from: clarshack on September 17, 2008, 12:26:00 PM
i have a real bad feeling about this game. theres too much complacency over Alborg. think celtic could get done over tonight - a bit like the rangers game.

I never get complacent with these matches (still rem. Artmedia Brat.!), I think the noises coming from Parkhead are all saying keep the feet on the ground, these boys are no mugs!
I think that we're definately good enough to beat Aalborg, but need to contain them early on.

Quote from: T Fearon on September 17, 2008, 12:34:48 PM
Can't see it. The frenetic crowd and atmosphere wont allow it. I think Man Ure could struggle with Villareal though

Agreed Tone, I do believe that the crowd have a very important part to play tonight.

Hail Hail
Tbc....

Main Street

Aalborg are decent enough but they are no Shakhtar who were the 4th seeds last year.

I can't wait for another last gasp winner ;D

illdecide

I take it them RTE hoors are not showing the game tonight???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch