Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Rav67

He needs far too much time on the ball, he's takes forever deciding what pass to play and slows the whole thing down.  WGS was trying to coach him to be a defensive midfielder but you need to be able to actually tackle for that.  He's very similar to Donati who's ahead of him in the pecking order and is also crap IMO.  Sno wouldn't have got any football hardly this year so the move was best for all concerned.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Maloney signed - £2.5 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tbc....

lfdown2

fuk me, cant see how a year sittin on the bench in the premiership would constitute 2.5million!?

Longshanks

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 22, 2008, 01:13:25 PM

I thought it was more 1 million??

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Longshanks on August 22, 2008, 01:24:25 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 22, 2008, 01:13:25 PM

I thought it was more 1 million??

Thats what we sold him to Villa for.
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

hopefully thats turkish lira
I'd not pay 500k for him
headless chicken/one trick pony imo

maybe he has learned

Rav67

I think it can rise to £2.5m, never heard what the down-payment was though.  When you're signing someone from an English club you can't expect to pay less than that for a 25 year old attacker unfortunately, look at Chopra £6m Kitson £5.5m Nugent £6m etc

slow corner back

The value of a player is all to do with how long is left on his contract, when Maloney left celtic he had a year left on his contract hence 1 mill deal. He probably signed for 3/4 years and therefore has 2/3 years left on his contract so costs more to buy back. Regardless he is an experienced and proven player in the SPL and gives options/ cover for left midfield and or second striker. I would see him as cover for Skippy who can drop back to midfield if under the cosh. By the way IMO he is a much better player than steve davis who is being heralded as the new white hope at greyskull.

ExiledGael

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 22, 2008, 02:17:37 PM
hopefully thats turkish lira
I'd not pay 500k for him
headless chicken/one trick pony imo

maybe he has learned

I don't watch 90 minutes of Celtic games every week but I honestly have him and McGeady down in the same bracket.
Not convinced that either has any top level/international class.
Hope McGeady proves me wrong and can carry Ireland to a new level but I've been waiting a while and seen feck all to give me much hope outside of the SPL.

the colonel

got an email from my ex boss who lives in glasgow. he says his daughter started school today and bobo's daughter is in her class and they are staying in glasgow. money hungry heur.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Muzz

McDonald out for awhile now....just see here now looks like Jan is going off too.  Maloney on for his debut probably.  Either him or Killen.

T Fearon

Just read Frank Mc Garvey's book over the weekend. Harrowing how his gambling addiction has ruined his life practically though some great reminiscing about his football career. Liked the story of the night of the Scottish Cup Final win over the huns in 1980 (the day of the Hampden Riot) and he invited everyone back to his house for a party. There was a knock at the door and he answered it to find Jinky, Bobby Murdoch and Kenny Dalglish standing with carry outs and Frankie asked tongue in cheek "Who are you and what can I do to help you?" :D

Also he works now as a joiner and frequently attends Rangers supporters homes to work and had been chased out on numerous occasions when they recognise him. Could you imagine the likes of Rooney etc or even Neil Lennon or Sutton having to work at a trade ten or twenty years down the line? How times have changed.

This book isa great read and a must for all Celts.

Rav67

Haven't read McGarvey's book but George Connelly's is a great read for any Celt.

Maloney MOTM at the weekend after coming on up front.  Hopefully he's gonna prove doubters (like myself) wrong this season.

lfdown2

Quote from: Rav67 on August 26, 2008, 03:20:29 PM
Haven't read McGarvey's book but George Connelly's is a great read for any Celt.

Maloney MOTM at the weekend after coming on up front.  Hopefully he's gonna prove doubters (like myself) wrong this season.

likewise, if he keeps that up il be man enough to admit my mistake!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lfdown2 on August 26, 2008, 03:22:54 PM

likewise, if he keeps that up il be man enough to admit my mistake!

I'd love to eat my words on wee Shaun, but one swallow does not a Summer make.
Now a BIG performance on Sunday against the Hun and pass me the HP sauce!  ;D
Tbc....