?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Eventually he's gone!
Wonder how much it cost us to buy out the loyality clause?

Celtic and Gravesen part company 

Celtic have parted company with midfielder Thomas Gravesen.

Gravesen, 32, failed to establish himself in the first team after signing from Real Madrid for £2m in 2006.

The former Denmark international had a season-long loan spell at Everton last term, and was unable to impress manager Gordon Strachan on his return.

"Celtic, Thomas Gravesen and Thomas's representatives have agreed that he will part company with the club," a statement read on Celtic's website.

"Thomas wishes Celtic every success and, likewise, the club wishes Thomas all the very best for the future."

Speaking last month, Strachan explained why Gravesen had been unable to gain a regular game in the first team.

"We tried our best to get a system which suited Thomas and it hasn't worked," said Strachan.

"It was the system to blame, not the player or the club."

Gravesen's last appearance in Celtic colours was the pre-season friendly against Manchester City.

The Dane had five years at Everton in his first spell at Goodison after joining in July 2000, before leaving for Madrid in January 2005.

Gravesen made more than 150 appearances for the Toffees during his first spell at the club.

Tbc....

T Fearon

Like Juninho, Gravesen was a player we got three years too late.

passedit

Don't Panic

JimStynes

I see alan stubbs has had to hang up the boots now because of the knee injury. Great player while at Celtic and done well to come back from testicular cancer twice. Would love Celtic to get someone like Stubbs in that defence.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Word is that Shaun Maloney is at Parkhead about to sign..............
Tbc....

Rav67

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 21, 2008, 03:19:31 PM

I think he'll feature more as a forward this time, WGS always played him left-wing before but that's one position that is not up for grabs.  Find it difficult to get too excited about this signing but if he could manage to get back to near the form he was in in WGS's first season he'll strengthen the squad.

lfdown2

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Rav67 on August 21, 2008, 03:27:33 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 21, 2008, 03:19:31 PM

I think he'll feature more as a forward this time, WGS always played him left-wing before but that's one position that is not up for grabs.  Find it difficult to get too excited about this signing but if he could manage to get back to near the form he was in in WGS's first season he'll strengthen the squad.

Couldn't agree more.

Quote from: lfdown2 on August 21, 2008, 03:35:30 PM
FFS!!!!!!!!!!!

??? >:( >:(

Again couldn't agree more.
I still hope that there will be another 1-2 decent signings that will actually strengthen the squad before the transfer window closes on the day of the Celtic v Rankers match.
Tbc....

Longshanks

Quote from: noeldebrun on August 21, 2008, 05:34:12 PM
Evander sno has joined ajax on a 3 year deal

Yeah I noticed that, I wasn't his biggest fan but I always thought he could do a job for us in the middle of the park (although we are kind of overloaded in midfield esp with the new buys)

Rav67

Quote from: noeldebrun on August 21, 2008, 05:34:12 PM
Evander sno has joined ajax on a 3 year deal

Yes, f**king yes!!!  Any word on a fee yet or is it undisclosed?  Osasuna were going to pay around £2m for him so hopefully it's close to that.

Main Street

I thought he was at the Olympics with the Dutch team.

He's a decent enough player who will improve.
Probably much better for him to be at a club like Ajax.

One player off the boo boys list

the milkman

Its a pity sno. had to leave always thought he would come good for us, but prob best for both parties as some1 else wrote we are overloaded in middle of the park......Donati, Brown, Robson, Hartley, Crosas, all playing for 2 places not including the young hoops millar, grant and a few others..

Maloney looks to be a done deal, good signing, WGS. has said from the day he left that he felt there was unfinished business with maloney at Celtic so he will happy to have got him  back!!!!!!

bannside

Good business conducted today if Maloney back and Sno finally out of his (our) misery. Big Evander just couldnt get his act together at all at Celtic. Would be surprised if he ever makes Ajax 11.

Maloney to score 12 plus from midfield.

lfdown2

Quote from: bannside on August 21, 2008, 09:16:39 PM
Good business conducted today if Maloney back and Sno finally out of his (our) misery. Big Evander just couldnt get his act together at all at Celtic. Would be surprised if he ever makes Ajax 11.

Maloney to score 12 plus from midfield.

oh dear god!   ??? ???

clarshack

i always thought sno had potential. he seemed to do ok in champions league games.