Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

the milkman

Yeah i think it's a great deal for Celtic, either way its a win win situation, if he is poor then we haven't lost out on much money, and for Barca to take him back he will need to show some form over the next 2years. I would think that the celts good links with barca over the past few years has helped us get this deal.

Main Street

Could be a sensational player at senior level.
Not much financial risk.
Full marks to Celtic to take the chance on young promising players like Sno and Crosas.
http://www.eyefootball.com/news/5906/Marc-Crosas/

T Fearon

Good enough display from the bhoys against City last night. Caddis will surely make an impact this year and young Mc Gowan showed signs of potential as well.

Paddy Mc Court has a lot of improving, technique wise, to-do however. I know he was only on for a few minutes but he made a right balls of what was a decent scoring chance, and wasn't involved in the game half enough

Main Street

I suppose there was a  "feelgood" factor prevailing around Paradise last night  ;D

Dannymcfella

Think McCourt seen his name in lights and shit himself when that chance arrived!! Think part of the reason he didn't see more ball is that Caddis was playing so well on the other wing we were looking for him at every oppurtunity

lynchbhoy

some ok perf, but imo McGowan will never make it. Has never impressed me in the number of times I have seen him.
IS a decent 6 yard box poacher, but Celtic dont play that way.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 07, 2008, 11:38:10 AM
some ok perf, but imo McGowan will never make it. Has never impressed me in the number of times I have seen him.

Jezuz Lynchbhoy, the lads only had a couple of first team games (all pre-season I think) give him a chance.
From what I've seen he looks to have great potetial, one for the future.
Now a player I don't particularly rate is Samaras, 6 foot+ and pretty shite in the air, big lad who's easily knocked off the ball, passing is suspect, runs with the ball but dosen't seem to know what to do with it after (no invention) and his finishing isn't great either, how many chances does he squander?!?!
Tbc....

Main Street

Is O'Dea getting any chances in the pre season games?

T Fearon

Certainly played last night. Apparently Mc Court made his debut last night. Given the number of friendlies Celtic have played already, if he was only debuting as a sub last night, it would seem unlikely that wee Gordon has been impressed with him so far, and I think if you don't impress the wee man quickly, you never will as he just seems to write you off.

clarshack

think mccourt has been injured for most of the pre-season - he had a few decent touches but made an absolute hash of his goal chance.  i think he will be ok in spl but wont be cut out for europe. caddis is a smashing player and i would definitely play him on the wing while nakamura is out injured. not so sure about mcgowan - only time will tell.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 07, 2008, 11:44:46 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 07, 2008, 11:38:10 AM

Jezuz Lynchbhoy, the lads only had a couple of first team games (all pre-season I think) give him a chance.
From what I've seen he looks to have great potetial, one for the future.
Now a player I don't particularly rate is Samaras, 6 foot+ and pretty shite in the air, big lad who's easily knocked off the ball, passing is suspect, runs with the ball but dosen't seem to know what to do with it after (no invention) and his finishing isn't great either, how many chances does he squander?!?!
have seen mcgowan a few times - on celtic tv with reserves. Hope I am wrong.
I like samaras and think he is v creative, and like jarosik, and sometimes donati (who has started passing sideways to avoid gifting posession away like before) likes to pass and move quickly - however the current Celtic side dont do that and are not on that wavelength - unfortunately.
imo

Dannymcfella

McCourt was injured the hole of pre season, he didn't even travel to portugal and don't think he was even with the team in holland

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Terrible game yesterday - although considering how the Hoops normally start off the season, 3 points in the bag.
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 11, 2008, 10:34:59 AM
Terrible game yesterday - although considering how the Hoops normally start off the season, 3 points in the bag.
true
celtic playing way too slowly
GS should have been switching players positionally at least after 30 mins. Waited far too long.