Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

I see Mossie Gravesen and Derek Riordan are playing against Donegal Celtic in Belfast tonight and presumably in Newry on Saturday as well. Will be worth going along to see these two and catch a glimpse of the legendary Daniel Fergus Mc Grain on the sideline

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on July 23, 2008, 03:44:21 PM
I see Mossie Gravesen and Derek Riordan are playing against Donegal Celtic in Belfast tonight and presumably in Newry on Saturday as well. Will be worth going along to see these two and catch a glimpse of the legendary Daniel Fergus Mc Grain on the sideline

Deek Riordan scores the only goal, as Celtic XI beat Donegal Celtic one nil in West Belfast tonight.
Tbc....

T Fearon

Here's an interesting one, The Belfast Newsletter (aka the Orange Rag) yesterday carried a letter from a named correspondent who was defending Healy's sectarian act last Saturday. The writer stated and I quote, more or less,that Healy was responding to a section of the Celtic support "who were chanting pro IRA slogans, like they do at every game". As this didn't happen, would there be a case for Celtic FC or a representative supporters group to sue either this paper or the particular correspondent for libel?

scud

For Libel I think he would have had to name a specific individual, you cant really libel a group as far as I'm aware

nifan

Tony if you where able to sue gobshites for this having this sort of letter published then youd be a very poor man by now.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tony there already is a thread dedicated to this keep Healy talk to it please, unless he's signing for us! God forbid! ;) :D ;D
Tbc....

T Fearon

Rosemary Burns, wife of the late Tommy (RIP), is to unfurl the league flag next Sunday week (August 10th). Going to be a little emotional but highly appropriate that this lady is performing this fnction. I've got myself  a great seat right on the halyway line.

PS Any recommended Glasgow bars (outside Govan) where I can watch the Armagh AI Qtr Final after the game?

Bensars

Quote from: T Fearon on July 24, 2008, 09:20:29 AM
Here's an interesting one, The Belfast Newsletter (aka the Orange Rag) yesterday carried a letter from a named correspondent who was defending Healy's sectarian act last Saturday. The writer stated and I quote, more or less,that Healy was responding to a section of the Celtic support "who were chanting pro IRA slogans, like they do at every game". As this didn't happen, would there be a case for Celtic FC or a representative supporters group to sue either this paper or the particular correspondent for libel?

"The writer stated and I quote, more or less,that..........." ;D ;D ;D    Tony yer a deadly man.  Is it a quote or not ?

lynchbhoy

another example of
institutionalised sectarianism at its best (worst)!

GDA, as long as we dont sign the likes of him I'll be hapy - and its nothing to do with his 'flute playing' - more that he would be the kind of english championship level player that strachan seems to like buying !
Celtic need to be signing another top class international striker (and I mean top class, not the token 'international' from andorra, azerbajan or ni !)

Rav67

Quote from: T Fearon on July 31, 2008, 01:09:12 PM
PS Any recommended Glasgow bars (outside Govan) where I can watch the Armagh AI Qtr Final after the game?

Failte is good, not sure what street it is on but it is near the city centre.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 31, 2008, 01:41:42 PM
Celtic need to be signing another top class international striker (and I mean top class, not the token 'international' from andorra, azerbajan or ni !)

Are you saying Gorgeous Georgios isn't a top class internationa striker?  ;)

mhacadoir

i see we are being linked with barcelona youngster marc crosas. seems to be a good player, cud be the flair player we need in centre midfield

T Fearon

Suspect he's a bit like Donati, who, lets face it,if he had any real potential Milan wouldn't have let him go

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 31, 2008, 01:41:42 PM
another example of
institutionalised sectarianism at its best (worst)!

GDA, as long as we dont sign the likes of him I'll be hapy - and its nothing to do with his 'flute playing' - more that he would be the kind of english championship level player that strachan seems to like buying !

I'm still not worried about transfers, theres a month to go and the prices at this stage of the Summer are silly, players and agents playing clubs off against each other, we cannot compete (pricewise) with the EPL and even some of the Championship clubs. So closer to the deadline we will get players we want at more realistic prices and hopefully less mercenary!  ;)

As for Crosas, we don't need another midfielder - unless we can offload Graveson, Donati and poss Sno (although with Sno, I would hold onto him for another half a season at least).
Tamas deal just seems to be too much hassle, how many agents and clubs has the lad had in the last 4-5 years?!!
Tbc....

stibhan

Quote from: T Fearon on July 31, 2008, 02:38:52 PM
Suspect he's a bit like Donati, who, lets face it,if he had any real potential Milan wouldn't have let him go

Donati signed for AC Milan for 10 Million and has played in the Serie A for a long, long time. He has more Italian U-21 caps than any other player. If that doesn't spell "potential" (if potential is the right word for a 26 year old) then I don't quite know what does. He signed for a substantial fee as well, and Milan were linked with him almost 2 months after he left to join us. He'd be a star in a team who played the system he'd be best suited to, I think.

lynchbhoy

Rav - I think Samaras is decent, but we need another top class striker, as JVOH imo is a bit inj prone and that leaves us with just two good ones - and you need more for the CL.

Hear Tamas has his agent back telling Celtic that he wants to join and is lowering his wage demands to what Celtic were originally offering.

Sno turned down a chance to join osasuna for 1.5Million - Strach must be going nuts !
Grav will go on a free before the start of the year as long as Celtic give him half of his loyalty fee.

I also think that at times Donati looks superb (other times he looks like an english championship level player) - he linked a few times with Jarosik last season in one touch pass and move football that only they seemed to be capable of and was streets ahead of anything the rest of the players on the park could do. I think he is capable of more and agree with Stibhan that in the right system he could do this more often and be a great player for Celtic. Need better players around him though, none of the naylors,caldwells, wilsons, sno etc

I know nothing of crosas. Still for every sno and jarosik, there is always a Lubo out there!