?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tyrone exile

Quote from: thewingedlady on July 07, 2008, 02:15:52 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 04, 2008, 01:55:49 PM

GDA, I don't see how that's funny at all. Walter Smith presided over a good part of the nine in a row team ffs. And secondly, it wasn't the "consolation cup" when the celts were in Seville. That kind of shit sickens my hole.

Who pissed in your'e cornflakes? catch a grip, its only a song

thewingedlady

Don't get me wrong, I'm as quick to get a good laugh at the huns as anyone, but most Celtic fans still wax lyrical about Seville and the fans and so on, so to call it the consolation cup is a pure double standard IMHO.

tyrone exile

its a wind up, if youre going to take every song celtic fans sing seriously and literally then you cold pick holes in them all!

nic

Going to see them next weekend in Fulham-does anyone know will it be reserves or some of the first team??

T Fearon

It will be the first team, alright, Actually toyed with the idea of going to this game myself, but opted for flag day, against St Mirren on August 10th

ziggysego

Tony, just out of curiousity. What's your opinion on Casement Park being opened up for the two Celtics in two weeks time?
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

Totally in favour of it (ie opening it up to the two Celtics) and indeed I have submitted a response to Paddy Heaney's largely nonsensical arguments against, in to-day's Irish News, which will hopefully be printed in Thursday's Off The Fence column.

Paddy doesn't realise that Glasgow Celtic are more than just a "Soccer club" and as Tyrone were allowed to parade the Sam Maguie at Parkhead before a league game back in 2003  and Armagh travelled there in 2000 to seek out Martin O'Neill's advice, then Casementv Park should host this historic match

nic

Quote from: T Fearon on July 08, 2008, 02:14:54 PM
It will be the first team, alright, Actually toyed with the idea of going to this game myself, but opted for flag day, against St Mirren on August 10th

Gutted i wont get to meet the big man..........................

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on July 08, 2008, 02:24:50 PM
Totally in favour of it (ie opening it up to the two Celtics) and indeed I have submitted a response to Paddy Heaney's largely nonsensical arguments against, in to-day's Irish News, which will hopefully be printed in Thursday's Off The Fence column.

Paddy doesn't realise that Glasgow Celtic are more than just a "Soccer club" and as Tyrone were allowed to parade the Sam Maguie at Parkhead before a league game back in 2003  and Armagh travelled there in 2000 to seek out Martin O'Neill's advice, then Casementv Park should host this historic match

Paddy Heaney made some very valid points, one being that Antrim were one of the few counties to oppose the opening of Croke Park to 'foreign sports'. It would be extremely hypocritical to turn around and open up their own ground now.

Furthermore, if there was an appetite for this amongst Antrim GAA, surely they'd just open it up for the game with or without Croke Park's blessing(?) Croke Park's wishes didn't seem to have much impact when the hunger strike rally was held there.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 08, 2008, 11:58:06 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on July 08, 2008, 02:24:50 PM

Paddy Heaney made some very valid points, one being that Antrim were one of the few counties to oppose the opening of Croke Park to 'foreign sports'. It would be extremely hypocritical to turn around and open up their own ground now.

Furthermore, if there was an appetite for this amongst Antrim GAA, surely they'd just open it up for the game with or without Croke Park's blessing(?) Croke Park's wishes didn't seem to have much impact when the hunger strike rally was held there.

Have to agree here (well maybe not the last bit  ;)), but as much as it would be great to see the "two Celtics" at Casement, Paddy Heaney has a point. Where to have the match though? Suffolk rd isn't big enough, and Windsor - well lets be serious, what about a free match in the Falls park or some other public park?
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: thewingedlady on July 07, 2008, 02:15:52 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 04, 2008, 01:55:49 PM
Well with a deathly silence over Paradise regarding transfers, I thought you Bhoys and Ghirls out there might like this. Pulled from another site.

The Willie Maley Re-mix

Uncle Walter was his name
And he brought anti-football to the game
In his second spell at Ibrox Park
They'd sacked him once for being no good
So now they want to give him a knighthood
And all because he lost the league again

And he gave us Eddy Murphy and Kirk Broadfoot
He gave us Thompson, Dailly, McCulloch and Davie Weir
Now all of these Ibrox greats
Just didn't have what it takes
So Celtic became champions once again

Off to Manchester they had to go
The consolation cup was the show
Where they faced Zenith and their old boss
Smithy and Coisty had a plan
They tried to mark them man for man
But their anti-football failed them once again

Now Manchester has never seen the likes
As the teddy bears started fights
The old town became a sea of piss
There was no riot, what's the fuss
A bears official say's "It wisnae us"
And Scotland's shame, shamed us once again

;D ;D ;D ;) ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

GDA, I don't see how that's funny at all. Walter Smith presided over a good part of the nine in a row team ffs. And secondly, it wasn't the "consolation cup" when the celts were in Seville. That kind of shit sickens my hole.

Jezuz, someone got a humour transplant!  ::)
Tbc....

T Fearon

Antrim GAA's opposition to opening Croke Park was not sufficiently strong for them to refuse the massive grant from Croke Park (accruing from rental income derived from soccer and rugby) to fund the new Antrim GAA Academy.

As I say, nonsensical not to mention hypocritical arguments against opening Casement Park for this historic fixture.

take_yer_points

Apologies for my ignorance but where does the rule on terraces at soccer matches come into play? Would Celtic be allowed to play a game (all be it a friendly game) at a ground where there are terraces and limited seating? If not, and Casement Park were to be used, what would the capacity be?

T Fearon

Terraces are in legitimate use at all soccer fixtures outside the big leagues, eg Premiership, Champions League, internationals etc, so there would be no problem.

I would confidently predict that this fixture would attract at least 15,000 to Casement and that is regardless of the strength of the Glasgow Celtic side on view. If it was the full Celtic first team panel, there would be upwards of 25,000 there.

Over the Bar

QuoteThe Willie Maley Re-mix

Uncle Walter was his name
And he brought anti-football to the game
In his second spell at Ibrox Park
They'd sacked him once for being no good
So now they want to give him a knighthood
And all because he lost the league again

Off to Manchester they had to go
The consolation cup was the show
Where they faced Zenith and their old boss
Smithy and Coisty had a plan
They tried to mark them man for man
But their anti-football failed them once again

Now Manchester has never seen the likes
As the teddy bears started fights
The old town became a sea of piss
There was no riot, what's the fuss
A bears official say's "It wisnae us"
And Scotland's shame, shamed us once again

Jezus wept!  Since when did Broadfoot rhyme with Weir?