?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Itchy

Quote from: Main Street on September 03, 2023, 02:12:35 PM
Quote from: Itchy on September 03, 2023, 01:32:31 PM
It'll be a serious indictment of Rangers if they can't score against this defence. At least Taylor going off
Johnston is fine  but bombscare defending from the CHs.
Apart from the goal, both sides couldn't hit a barn door all game, thought Celtic at times  looked very  good in the 1st half
Before the game I thought a draw would be an achievement but to get all three points is priceless.

I thought Scales was pretty good but other CH and left back were hopeless. Wasn't impressed with any of subs put on either, Rangers got even more joy after they came on

tonto1888

It'll be a serious indictment of Rangers if they can't score against this defence. At least Taylor going off
Apart from the goal, both sides couldn't hit a barn door all game, thought Celtic at times  looked very  good in the 1st half
Before the game I thought a draw would be an achievement but to get all three points is priceless.

I'd have bitten your hand off for a draw beforehand

From the Bunker

The PSV game probably took a lot out of Rangers both physically and emotionally after the hammering they got.

podge

Quote from: general_lee on September 03, 2023, 02:27:05 PM
Quote from: podge on September 03, 2023, 01:50:30 PM
Has to be one of the worst football matches I have seen in a while.  Both teams are total shite.
That was Celtic's reserves you just watched
In fairness, any time
Celtic managed to play the ball out and string 3 or 4 passes together they looked like they could open up rangers.  Problem was they only managed to string passes together about 4 times !

clarshack

Poor game but great result which I didn't think was possible a week ago.

Main Street

Quote from: Itchy on September 03, 2023, 04:31:40 PM

I thought Scales was pretty good but other CH and left back were hopeless. Wasn't impressed with any of subs put on either, Rangers got even more joy after they came on
And if Rangers hadn't mucked up all their chances and romped home scoring 3 or 4 with Ibrox going ballistic, how would Scales' exact same performance have rated in that context?   He's at a premium age for a maturing CH, we'll see how he progresses in the next few weeks.
Starfelt's exit has left big shoes to fill.
Edit.  Just  had a look at the Sportscene highlights, Scales was at fault for the Ranger's offside goal, badly out of place (along with the Swede) for another Rangers' effort and easily spun around twice in the second half for 2 gilt edged chances for Rangers. AFAIR from the live game, got his head to the ball alright but with little or no direction

illdecide

Very poor game yesterday with little to no quality from both teams, I really feared a hiding with that team but just shows how dung Sevco really are. We will get pumped in CL if we can't get players back fit from injury. Scales got MOM and he done rightly but you know he's not good enough and is only plugging a hole until the other lads get back to fitness. I do believe BR will work well with them young ones and bring us on a level but for me LB is a major issue as well as CF. Two ares where we look suspect and CL teams will target our LHS in the games to hurt us. Taylor & Turnbull are not good enough for Celtic.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Applesisapples

Scales is not a centre half, when he played previously it was always on the wing and in my view played reasonably well. Did well yesterday out of position.

illdecide

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 04, 2023, 09:42:34 AM
Scales is not a centre half, when he played previously it was always on the wing and in my view played reasonably well. Did well yesterday out of position.

He normally plays either LB of LHS of defense, either way his lack of pace is real concern. I'd hoped with the Irish connection he'd make it at Celtic and I still hope he can but on the eye test so far he won't.

bennydorano

What is the story with the ticket feud?? (I think it originated with Rangers trying to get every advantage going when they came back up through the leagues to avoid hidings in those early games?) but it's surely counter productive now in so many ways.

clarshack

Quote from: bennydorano on September 04, 2023, 11:05:55 AM
What is the story with the ticket feud?? (I think it originated with Rangers trying to get every advantage going when they came back up through the leagues to avoid hiding in those early games?) but it's surely counter productive now in so many ways.

It is counter productive for them, for when there's no Celtic fans in the stadium to spew their hatred on they will naturally turn on themselves when they get beat as we seen yesterday.

ned

Quote from: bennydorano on September 04, 2023, 11:05:55 AM
What is the story with the ticket feud?? (I think it originated with Rangers trying to get every advantage going when they came back up through the leagues to avoid hiding in those early games?) but it's surely counter productive now in so many ways.

It started when Celtic began to beat them regularly at Ibrox.

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on September 04, 2023, 10:57:23 AM

He normally plays either LB of LHS of defense, either way his lack of pace is real concern. I'd hoped with the Irish connection he'd make it at Celtic and I still hope he can but on the eye test so far he won't.
He plays centre half and has done for the most part of his career. Aside from his good play, he had many naive bombscare defensive incidents which some of them directly led to 4 or 5 gilt edged chances for Rangers. No central defender in the world of  football should receive motm for that display. It is a travesty of  football common sense. Just because Rangers didn't capitalise on his gifts, by some weird logic that means his defensive blunders don't count, just his good  deeds.

illdecide

Quote from: Main Street on September 04, 2023, 02:03:04 PM
Quote from: illdecide on September 04, 2023, 10:57:23 AM

He plays centre half and has done for the most part of his career. Aside from his good play, he had many naive bombscare defensive incidents which some of them directly led to 4 or 5 gilt edged chances for Rangers. No central defender in the world of  football should receive motm for that display. It is a travesty of  football common sense. Just because Rangers didn't capitalise on his gifts, by some weird logic that means his defensive blunders don't count, just his good  deeds.

Not disagreeing with that...He also gave up two chances too St Johnstone the week before when they had little to no possession he was muscled off the ball by an 18 year old forcing Joe Harte to make a good save when it should never have come to that. For me Matt O'Reilly was good and should have been nominated with McGregor (1st half display)

Itchy

Poor start from Hatate and Taylor but Celtic holding their own so far