Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

The thing i love about Ange is he's no time for any player who doesn't wanna be there and wishes them well and sends them packing. He's lucky that it has worked out for him as quickly as it has and i'm so grateful it has. As you will admit even from the most staunch Celtic supporter, the season we're having so far is only something we could dream off after last year.
As for last year (which i don't really want to get too deep into to) the right thing to do was Lennon to go but i'll say this until i die that the players shafted us more last season than the manager did, they downed tools and wanted their moves away, the manager didn't get the players he asked for. For me it's a combination of players, manager and the Board who ruined the 10 in a row. Ange knows the craic and knows the players can shaft you very easily and that's why he has the "if I have to sell Celtic to any player" he doesn't want them at the club.

Anyway to move forward and not dwell on the past what a game Sunday is...If Sevco lose tonight and Celtic beat them on Sunday it will be some blow for them, of course the opposite can happen and give them a massive boost. Fine lines but fingers crossed they get pumped in their next two games...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

clarshack

Quote from: illdecide on April 14, 2022, 11:27:17 AM
The thing i love about Ange is he's no time for any player who doesn't wanna be there and wishes them well and sends them packing. He's lucky that it has worked out for him as quickly as it has and i'm so grateful it has. As you will admit even from the most staunch Celtic supporter, the season we're having so far is only something we could dream off after last year.
As for last year (which i don't really want to get too deep into to) the right thing to do was Lennon to go but i'll say this until i die that the players shafted us more last season than the manager did, they downed tools and wanted their moves away, the manager didn't get the players he asked for. For me it's a combination of players, manager and the Board who ruined the 10 in a row. Ange knows the craic and knows the players can shaft you very easily and that's why he has the "if I have to sell Celtic to any player" he doesn't want them at the club.

Anyway to move forward and not dwell on the past what a game Sunday is...If Sevco lose tonight and Celtic beat them on Sunday it will be some blow for them, of course the opposite can happen and give them a massive boost. Fine lines but fingers crossed they get pumped in their next two games...

Edouard last season especially was a disgrace as he never tried a leg.

Main Street

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on April 14, 2022, 10:53:33 AM
Quote from: Main Street on April 13, 2022, 06:09:30 PM
I don't mind a competitive Rangers as long as Celtic are stronger, it keeps Celtic on their toes on the front foot and less danger of falling asleep at the wheel.

Didnt that scenario stop 10 in a row though. I mean the Celtic team in decline still should have had enough but coupled with a very poor manager it all went pear shaped.
That's not quite the same scenario, Celtic were weaker by distance.
Rangers' progress in Europe means Scotland have 2 spots in the CL with one going directly to the group stage. How is that not a good thing? and the champagne bit was Rangers did all that heavy lifting for Celtic's benefit.
Rangers are a big club with a large supporter base who will not tolerate it lightly finishing behind Celtic, they'll be back just like they crawled out of the dungeons of the lower leagues. It's pie in the sky to speculate about their demise. Regardless, Scotland will need 2 teams picking up ranking points in Europe to keep Scotland in the shítloads of cash top 10 spot. It's obvious the benefits gained by Celtic with having a competitive Rangers.

general_lee

The Subbie

The 1/2 hour extra time was great to see all the same !!!

illdecide

Extra time was the only great thing about the game which hopefully suits us. TBF I have to call a spade a spade (coming from Lurgan...lol) that The Rangers deserved their win and were the better team. They just seem to have that edge in Europe that we don't (can't explain that) but hopefully that's all about to change with Ange in charge and this new team.

Main Street I was reading an article on Tue/Wed about Scotland's Co efficient and believe it or not (not including last nights result) that Celtic still have accumulated more points than The Rangers over the last 6 years but it is certain that The Rangers have contributed significantly to that. At the rate their going they will pass Celtic's points but to state that Rangers have done all the work to get CL points and group stage entry is wrong.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

clarshack

Can't see them beating Leipzig tbh, Leipzig picked up 7 points in a group with City and PSG therefore were probably unlucky to be in the Europa league in the first place. Yes Rangers beat Dortmund but Dortmund are a one man team who was injured against them. Leipzig actually beat Dortmund 4-1 away at the start of April there with Haaland playing. The only good thing about them winning last night was the extra 30 mins they had to play with the cup game this Sunday, plus they will have to play in Germany 3 days before the next game at Celtic Park on 1st May.

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on April 15, 2022, 09:08:32 AM
Extra time was the only great thing about the game which hopefully suits us. TBF I have to call a spade a spade (coming from Lurgan...lol) that The Rangers deserved their win and were the better team. They just seem to have that edge in Europe that we don't (can't explain that) but hopefully that's all about to change with Ange in charge and this new team.

Main Street I was reading an article on Tue/Wed about Scotland's Co efficient and believe it or not (not including last nights result) that Celtic still have accumulated more points than The Rangers over the last 6 years but it is certain that The Rangers have contributed significantly to that. At the rate their going they will pass Celtic's points but to state that Rangers have done all the work to get CL points and group stage entry is wrong.
That article is not reflecting the reality.
Sure, it would have been more accurate for me to have written that Rangers did most (not all) of the heavy lifting to get Scotland into the top 10. Since Rangers started competing in earnest in 2018/19  they've earned 46 club ranking points and 68 country coefficients. Celtic have earned  25 club points and 44 country coefficient points over that same period.
The club and country rankings are calculated over 5 seasons.  In the club rankings, Rangers are in 34th spot, Celtic are joint 50th.
In 2018 Scotland were in 26th position and have steadily risen to 9th place this season

club ranking
https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/trank2022.html

coefficients earned by each club  for their country
https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/ccoef2022.html

The Subbie

Tight hunting in the first half lads.....

bennydorano

Main Street

Rangers had the better of the game. After Rangers went ahead Celtic went to pieces and couldn't string a pass, never mind get the ball into the Rangers half.

bennydorano

Yip, can have no complaints, 2nd best for 80% of game.

JimStynes

A very scrappy game and I felt Celtic were hanging on several times throughout the game. Rangers deserved the win today. However, I thought the ref was shite!

cearrbhach

I thought the game was decided when Roofe only received a yellow card for a red card challenge. The overall refereeing performance favoured the aggressive Rangers approach and they grew in confidence after that key decision. In saying that I cannot understand why Ange didn't send the team out to put the game to bed early, Rangers can't complain about biased refereeing after that show by Madden today☺️

general_lee

Rangers buoyed by their European result coupled with Bobby the bear I always feared for Celtic going into this. This team is still a work in progress.