?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

clarshack

Quote from: JimStynes on August 13, 2021, 06:56:39 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 13, 2021, 03:24:03 PM
Things are starting to look better again at Celtic Park.
Is it possible Rangers bet the house on stopping the 10 thinking/hoping that they would get into the Champions league group stages and the resulting cash would save the day?.
If so, it will be an interesting next few weeks and months over at Ibrox.

Celtic gave them the league last year ffs.

Yes Celtic pressed the self destruct button last season but Rangers have spent a good chunk of money since Gerard took over. Not making the champions league group stages has to be a serious blow to them.

Main Street

Quote from: clarshack on August 14, 2021, 12:18:01 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on August 13, 2021, 06:56:39 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 13, 2021, 03:24:03 PM
Things are starting to look better again at Celtic Park.
Is it possible Rangers bet the house on stopping the 10 thinking/hoping that they would get into the Champions league group stages and the resulting cash would save the day?.
If so, it will be an interesting next few weeks and months over at Ibrox.

Celtic gave them the league last year ffs.

Yes Celtic pressed the self destruct button last season but Rangers have spent a good chunk of money since Gerard took over. Not making the champions league group stages has to be a serious blow to them.
Celtic did surrender the league  but Rangers were a functional outfit and did reasonably well in European competition.

toby47

For spells yesterday that was the best football I've seen Celtic play for well over a year

The Subbie

Quote from: toby47 on August 16, 2021, 12:35:17 PM
For spells yesterday that was the best football I've seen Celtic play for well over a year
100% - I was dubious enough about Ange but he's come in and imposed a definite pattern of play & has started to show some progress
He still needs more proper players but it's obvious what he is doing & thankfully he doesn't look like he is willing to bend for anyone - it's Angeball , it's f**king relentless and that suits me!!

JimStynes

Quote from: The Subbie on August 17, 2021, 01:57:33 AM
Quote from: toby47 on August 16, 2021, 12:35:17 PM
100% - I was dubious enough about Ange but he's come in and imposed a definite pattern of play & has started to show some progress
He still needs more proper players but it's obvious what he is doing & thankfully he doesn't look like he is willing to bend for anyone - it's Angeball , it's f**king relentless and that suits me!!

It's a great improvement. They're playing like a different team and some players are really playing with confidence for the first time in a year or 2. I love Kyogo. A great find so far. Saying that, this is Celtic and self destruct mode is never far away. I'm not getting too excited yet.

Main Street

I like the way the fans roar in support for any (positive) intervention Joe Hart makes.  Even Eddy's pants are on fire these days.
Big Ange is on a mission.

JimStynes

Didn't watch the game tonight but another good win. It's amazing what a bit of confidence does for a team!

StPatsAbu

If Ange is given the funds he will destroy the diving cheat Gerrard's party

Orior

Will Ange's bubble burst? I dont think so.

Ange is showing how poor Neill Lennon was as a manager.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

toby47

Still a few defensive blips last night, however another good performance and 2-0 at home is a great result. If Edouard could have got the one near the end to make it 3-0 it would have been brilliant.

Joe Hart showing his worth bigtime, big save from him.
The improvement in Ralston has been unreal, hopefully he can keep it up.
Kyogo is going to score goals, hes a cracker.
Abada also impressing - he has serious pace.

Going in the right direction a lot quicker than i would have imagined possible.

JimStynes

Quote from: Orior on August 19, 2021, 12:33:48 AM
Will Ange's bubble burst? I dont think so.

Ange is showing how poor Neill Lennon was as a manager.

Woeful. I'll never get over last year. What a disaster it was to let that slip ffs.

general_lee

A good solid result, nothing less than what should be expected. Very pleasing individual performances namely Kyogo, Hart and Abada. Ralston also has been a revelation

StPatsAbu

Eddie had the chance to put the tie to bed but fluffed it. AZ can easily score against the current defence to make it nervy. Even if the Croatian signs we need another decent CB.

toby47

Quote from: StPatsAbu on August 19, 2021, 01:06:36 PM
Eddie had the chance to put the tie to bed but fluffed it. AZ can easily score against the current defence to make it nervy. Even if the Croatian signs we need another decent CB.

Based on last nights game, I'd expect AZ to score at home

bennydorano

Quote from: general_lee on August 19, 2021, 12:38:27 PM
A good solid result, nothing less than what should be expected. Very pleasing individual performances namely Kyogo, Hart and Abada. Ralston also has been a revelation
Tom Rogic is purring like a Rolls Royce, think Ange is going to get the very best out of him. At the danger of scudding him to hell I might back him for POTY. A confident Joe Hart is looking like a great addition.