7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

ned

FFS Keane has not been appointed.

Targetman

Genuinely hope he's not appointed

John Egans left boot

I see no harm in appointing Keane.

Rodgers was a master stroke if truth be told. He had been researching training and European methods for a long time. He came to play football and domestically it was excellent. However in Europe some of the results were nothing short of disgraceful. Rodgers is the bar for Celtic Football Club to get to in terms of that type of technical manager to work with players domestically.

Keane  is nothing like Rodgers, but is however what Celtic need right now. Across the city Gerard has brought in players, adapted that showers professionalism and made them bloody competitive in Europe. Look at Arfield and Mc Gregor (two horrible pieces of work) but by god are they playing for the club, Gerard, and are enjoying a new lease of life from 2 seasons ago. You can see how much they love it, time Celtic had players like this.

Physically and psychologically Celtic new to answer serious questions. Keane will take no shit, he will attract players, he will throw young boys in at the deep end. He loves a brawl and I think Gerard will look over his shoulder at Keane. Keane can also make Celtic competitive in every game in Europe unlike Rodgers.

If Keane does get it, it has to be on his terms. No-one at that club should be safe in their position. He needs to go in and revolutionise the structures. I would bring in D Duff back too. Kennedy has to go.

Give him two years, see what happens. He has a lot to prove and I bet he will work bloody hard to make it work.

general_lee

Agree with much of the above. The club got complacent thinking 10IAR would be a walk in the park and we ended up being caught with our pants down. We are back to square one and you can talk about all the league titles in the world but it means very little if you can't mix it with the big boys in Europe. Whoever gets it will have their work cut out for them in that regard.

clarshack

Orior

Thoughts on Brown leaving for Aberdeen?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

charlieTully

Quote from: Orior on March 25, 2021, 11:25:02 PM
Thoughts on Brown leaving for Aberdeen?

I wish him the very best. He will go down as a club legend imo.

bannside

Brown owes club nothing. Stayed on a year too much but his contribution will be recognised by Celtic supporters for a long time.

Regarding Keano, I just don't see him progressing things. A blood and thunder man, once he takes the dressing room door off the hinges a few times, what's left.

The football industry is ran by (ruined by) players agents. A manager won't get away with the kind of verbal abuse Ferguson was famous for, and Keane so epitomises. The Bully Boy manager.

He will bawl players out, tell them how f**king useless they are, until that player and his agent throw a hissy fit, all of a sudden the dressing room is full of long faces.

It's a disaster waiting to happen...imo! Just because Gerrard has improved that other lot does not suggest for one second that Keane is probable to do the same with us.

Still Rafa and Mickey O Neill for me. Intelligent men who know football and get the best out of players.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on March 26, 2021, 08:43:41 AM
Brown owes club nothing. Stayed on a year too much but his contribution will be recognised by Celtic supporters for a long time.

Regarding Keano, I just don't see him progressing things. A blood and thunder man, once he takes the dressing room door off the hinges a few times, what's left.

The football industry is ran by (ruined by) players agents. A manager won't get away with the kind of verbal abuse Ferguson was famous for, and Keane so epitomises. The Bully Boy manager.

He will bawl players out, tell them how f**king useless they are, until that player and his agent throw a hissy fit, all of a sudden the dressing room is full of long faces.

It's a disaster waiting to happen...imo! Just because Gerrard has improved that other lot does not suggest for one second that Keane is probable to do the same with us.

Still Rafa and Mickey O Neill for me. Intelligent men who know football and get the best out of players.

You're right about those gurning players who take it thick when you hit them with the truth. Keane would be a better No.2
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

A lot of people seem to think they know how Keane reacts inside the dressing room, how many of ye were actually in a dressing room with him? I put it to ye that this is based on the occassional anecdote coming out from a few players but that is hardly reflective of everything the man has done. If that were the case how did he get Sunderland from bottom 3 in championship to promotion and then stick a year in the premier league? I think you are all over simplifying the man and personally who ever walks into Celtic I want them to get rid of the wasters and the hangers on if they aren't willing to up their game.

I think Keane could be like yer man at Leeds, he just needs to get players in that reflect his approach to football and get rid of the primadonnas.

John Egans left boot

Bannside you make decent points which I cant really counter.

In terms of Rafa would love it, but its not happening.

In terms of Micheal O Neill it is my understanding (Not through any great sources) that several candidates had informal initial discussion in the north west of England last week for 3 roles at the club. None of this will be progressed further at this stage.

As an aside Jamie Rednapp seeming to have a lot to do with this. I know he is close to DD son the one rumoured to be taking over as principal shareholder.

JohnDenver

Quote from: John Egans left boot on March 26, 2021, 09:21:47 AM

Bannside you make decent points which I cant really counter.

In terms of Rafa would love it, but its not happening.

In terms of Micheal O Neill it is my understanding (Not through any great sources) that several candidates had informal initial discussion in the north west of England last week for 3 roles at the club. None of this will be progressed further at this stage.

As an aside Jamie Rednapp seeming to have a lot to do with this. I know he is close to DD son the one rumoured to be taking over as principal shareholder.

Harry Redknapp in for some wheeling and dealing - although Niko Kranjčar and Jermaine Defoe are ruled out of the band. Peter Crouch could maybe still do a job

Angelo

Michael O'Neill has not really done much of note at Stoke.

The issue with a contracted manager too is that their contract will need to be bought out which could be significant in O'Neill's.

For anyone wanting Keane, I despair. Look at his managerial record - it's absolutely shocking - he spent a huge amount of money relative to the clubs he was at and left them in an absolute hovel a season or two later. That's not even before we look at his attitude, he would last 3 months before he'd lose the dressing room and resign.

There's nothing there tactically with him, there is nothing there with him that develops or improves players. He's a quitter, he will walk out on a team in a huff or when the going gets tough.

The only people who want Keane are the same people who idolised him as a player and probably defended the indefensible in Saipan.

Keane would be a rotten corrosive presence in a dressing room and does not seem to have any great tactical, coaching or management talent. He is the worst possible person for this job.

I'd take a Mark McGhee or John Hughes over him any day and we all know they are not up to the job.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on March 26, 2021, 10:06:37 AM
Michael O'Neill has not really done much of note at Stoke.

The issue with a contracted manager too is that their contract will need to be bought out which could be significant in O'Neill's.

For anyone wanting Keane, I despair. Look at his managerial record - it's absolutely shocking - he spent a huge amount of money relative to the clubs he was at and left them in an absolute hovel a season or two later. That's not even before we look at his attitude, he would last 3 months before he'd lose the dressing room and resign.

There's nothing there tactically with him, there is nothing there with him that develops or improves players. He's a quitter, he will walk out on a team in a huff or when the going gets tough.

The only people who want Keane are the same people who idolised him as a player and probably defended the indefensible in Saipan.

Keane would be a rotten corrosive presence in a dressing room and does not seem to have any great tactical, coaching or management talent. He is the worst possible person for this job.

I'd take a Mark McGhee or John Hughes over him any day and we all know they are not up to the job.

Its a good thing you are not in management  ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Interesting link between Dermot Desmond's son and Jamie Redknapp. I think I read somewhere, a long time back, that DD's main deciding factor in getting involved financially with Celtic was his sons passionate support. This same son I'd imagine who is getting primed to play the leading role.

Hopefully he surrounds himself with good people and may his first couple of appointments be good/lucky ones.