Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

uimhr ocht

Its looking like Keane atm i think he is a short term bounce manager 1 year tops, in the past mowbray,macari,venglos,deila,brady,all got an oppportunity to manage and i cant remember much opposition to those names becoming manager.

Angelo

Quote from: uimhr ocht on March 25, 2021, 01:52:33 PM
Its looking like Keane atm i think he is a short term bounce manager 1 year tops, in the past mowbray,macari,venglos,deila,brady,all got an oppportunity to manage and i cant remember much opposition to those names becoming manager.

Had any of those as bad a managerial track record as Keane?

I doubt it. It was going to take some doing to appoint an even more unqualified person for the job than Lennon but Celtic have managed it.

A guy whose last role was an assistant manager at Nottingham Forest and who hasn't been a manager since a decade ago when he was sacked at Ipswich.

It shows the sheer detachment Desmond has from the fans if he thinks this will fly.

Keane is clearly not fit for the job.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

uimhr ocht

Keane wouldnt be my choice but willing to give him a chance i dont think Brady,Macari,Mowbray,etc had much about them when they got the gig.

Angelo

Quote from: uimhr ocht on March 25, 2021, 02:04:21 PM
Keane wouldnt be my choice but willing to give him a chance i dont think Brady,Macari,Mowbray,etc had much about them when they got the gig.

How did Brady, Macari and Mowbray do?

That's the problem.

Keane isn't up to the job therefore he shouldn't be given the chance. It's more damning evidence of how this club is being mismanaged at boardroom level.

Itchy

Quote from: Angelo on March 25, 2021, 02:07:02 PM

That's the problem.

Keane isn't up to the job therefore he shouldn't be given the chance. It's more damning evidence of how this club is being mismanaged at boardroom level.

Roy is box office, you will be gaining more season tickets not losing them. I would give whoever gets the job a chance. Dont throw the toys out of the pram before he is even appointed!

uimhr ocht

Would you say Jack Ross,Howe,Alex Neil,Kennedy,lampard,Maresca,are superior i think all these guys are much the same in experience levels,style of football differs from all the above.

bennydorano

Keane would be a bit Meh imo

Positives, he's a good relationship with DD, if he comes on board promises will have been made in regards to buying players. If he gets the job he'll do it on his own terms as well, which in theory should be a plus.

bennydorano

https://www.celticfc.com/news/2021/march/Celtic-captain-Scott-Brown-announces-plans-to-depart-at-end-of-season/

Great servant, 15 years. will go down as one of the club greats.

Off at the end of the season to be player/coach at Aberdeen

JimStynes

Quote from: Itchy on March 25, 2021, 02:11:31 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 25, 2021, 02:07:02 PM

That's the problem.

Roy is box office, you will be gaining more season tickets not losing them. I would give whoever gets the job a chance. Dont throw the toys out of the pram before he is even appointed!

He's box office on TV for his one liners but that'll soon disappear at Parkhead when half the team falls out with him. Terrible appointment by Celtic. Even Lennon had a better record than Keane ffs

Angelo

Quote from: uimhr ocht on March 25, 2021, 02:15:19 PM
Would you say Jack Ross,Howe,Alex Neil,Kennedy,lampard,Maresca,are superior i think all these guys are much the same in experience levels,style of football differs from all the above.

You're talking about different shades of shit there.

Why should we be looking those names?

Jesse Marsch, the current RB Salzburg manager made his interest in the job known last week. He has a much better track record than any of those names mentioned. If we aren't interested then why aren't we interested?

tonto1888

I wouldn't be enamoured with Keane to be honest but if he gets it I will support him. Sad to see brown leaving

skeog

Angelo the man who knows everything already damming RK if he is to be the next incumbent.

Angelo

Quote from: skeog on March 25, 2021, 04:23:53 PM
Angelo the man who knows everything already damming RK if he is to be the next incumbent.

I was right on Lennon and I'll be right on Roy Keane if it comes to fruition.

bennydorano

Quote from: Angelo on March 25, 2021, 04:24:48 PM
Quote from: skeog on March 25, 2021, 04:23:53 PM

I was right on Lennon and I'll be right on Roy Keane if it comes to fruition.
Holy f**k

trailer

Roy Keane LMFAO. Full on banter club at this stage.