?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

straightred

Quote from: sid waddell on March 20, 2021, 11:11:46 AM
Quote from: ned on March 20, 2021, 03:28:53 AM
Believe it or not there is a Rangers thread on here.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=5894.0

This incident has little to do with Celtic. Take the conversation there or start a new thread. Last thing that is needed for such a serious topic is for the usual suspects to derail the thread with their point scoring and whataboutery. The seriousness of the incident will get lost as usual.
It is a serious topic which has nothing to do with whataboutery and nothing to do with Celtic

So it was disappointing to see poster straightred, who I presume is a Celtic supporter, bring whataboutery onto the thread in order to tell us that Glen Kamara should "f**k right off with the victim stuff"
Fair point about the thread that i hadn't thought of. I'll let this be my last word on it.

If proven then what happened is disgusting and the player should be duly punished. However I stand completely over my "bit rich" comment. A week ago Kamara was dancing along while mocking Celtic with the bigoted playbook. Now the shoe is on the other foot and he doesn't like it. He should reflect on own behaviour. I'll leave it at that.

tonto1888

Forget about Kamara dancing to whatever, the guy was racially abused on the field of play and the other guy Roofe suffered a raft of racist abuse online. That could have been his win fans right enough, they have history for it. Racism is a blight on society and we won't beat it with whatabouterry. And that goes for you too Sid

michaelg

Quote from: straightred on March 20, 2021, 11:34:44 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 20, 2021, 11:11:46 AM
Quote from: ned on March 20, 2021, 03:28:53 AM
Believe it or not there is a Rangers thread on here.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=5894.0

This incident has little to do with Celtic. Take the conversation there or start a new thread. Last thing that is needed for such a serious topic is for the usual suspects to derail the thread with their point scoring and whataboutery. The seriousness of the incident will get lost as usual.
It is a serious topic which has nothing to do with whataboutery and nothing to do with Celtic

So it was disappointing to see poster straightred, who I presume is a Celtic supporter, bring whataboutery onto the thread in order to tell us that Glen Kamara should "f**k right off with the victim stuff"
Fair point about the thread that i hadn't thought of. I'll let this be my last word on it.

If proven then what happened is disgusting and the player should be duly punished. However I stand completely over my "bit rich" comment. A week ago Kamara was dancing along while mocking Celtic with the bigoted playbook. Now the shoe is on the other foot and he doesn't like it. He should reflect on own behaviour. I'll leave it at that.
Whay was Kamara singing along to?

general_lee

While I express solidarity to all victims of racism and I have no doubt in my mind Glen Kamara was racially abused; the Rangers fans have shown themselves up to be nothing more than a bunch of hypocritical bigots. If this incident has gone some way to sanitising the disgusting elements within their support then it might not be the worst thing in the world

tonto1888

Quote from: general_lee on March 20, 2021, 01:20:46 PM
While I express solidarity to all victims of racism and I have no doubt in my mind Glen Kamara was racially abused; the Rangers fans have shown themselves up to be nothing more than a bunch of hypocritical bigots. If this incident has gone some way to sanitising the disgusting elements within their support then it might not be the worst thing in the world

Agreed. Sometimes it takes something hitting close to home do you to realise the error of your ways. Maybe some rangers fans are seeing this

screenexile

I think Celtic have missed an opportunity to take the high road with the guard of honour tomorrow they keep talking about how they're "a better club" than Rangers but the lack of a guard of honour is petty as it was 2 years ago.

Give Rangers the guard of honour and then get stuck right into them would be the best way to do it.!!

Angelo

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: screenexile on March 21, 2021, 01:50:40 AM
I think Celtic have missed an opportunity to take the high road with the guard of honour tomorrow they keep talking about how they're "a better club" than Rangers but the lack of a guard of honour is petty as it was 2 years ago.

Give Rangers the guard of honour and then get stuck right into them would be the best way to do it.!!

A bit like what Crossmaglen did to st galls in 2010
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Angelo

I actually couldn't give a toss what happens today.

Dead rubber.

No fans, no atmosphere.

Probably no harm we lose as it's a blot against the club thinking of giving Kennedy the gig.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

general_lee

I want us to win no matter what but there is the downside Kennedy might get the job off the back of it. I just hope the local constabulary show the same vigour they did against students in Belfast and people in Creggan if and when Rangers fans start acting up

RedHand88

https://twitter.com/McGregor_NC/status/1373383441429975050?s=19

Rangers fans up the famous Black Mountain over West Belfast. They have spelt out 55 on it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 21, 2021, 09:02:33 AM
Quote from: screenexile on March 21, 2021, 01:50:40 AM

A bit like what Crossmaglen did to st galls in 2010

Less said about that the better! St John's did it also at start of league campaign and beat us I think.

Respect is difficult to show when you're hurting. But the bigger man (club) rises above it.

Rangers are a great price today, haven't seen enough improvement from Celtic to say they should win.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Celtic need to win to stop an unbeaten season for Rangers. They'll be even harder to listen to it they go unbeaten.

ned

Quote from: Angelo on March 21, 2021, 09:04:25 AM

Dead rubber.

No fans, no atmosphere.

Probably no harm we lose as it's a blot against the club thinking of giving Kennedy the gig.

I'm 100% that Kennedy will not get the job.
Always want to beat them but won't be upset if we don't as expectations are so low.

JimStynes

Quote from: ned on March 21, 2021, 10:42:40 AM
Quote from: Angelo on March 21, 2021, 09:04:25 AM

Dead rubber.

No fans, no atmosphere.

I'm 100% that Kennedy will not get the job.
Always want to beat them but won't be upset if we don't as expectations are so low.

I'm not even going to bother watching it. Such a disappointing year but it was on the cards when Lennon was given the job.